Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Attendence
Bookmark and Share
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Attendence
1482 last night. Thanks so much to all those kids and their parents.
01-11-2015 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: Attendence
Nice to see the Men's Team go up to the kids last night after the game to thank them for the great cheering they were doing.
01-11-2015 10:07 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
I think that's the same group that was so great awhile back. We should get them there every game. Their teacher has taught them when and how to cheer. Great kids. Great teacher.
01-11-2015 10:10 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2015 10:05 AM)RBL Wrote:  1482 last night. Thanks so much to all those kids and their parents.

Those kids from Batesville were great. I am always worried that these "performers" will leave right after they do their half-time thing. These kids (give the adults who brought them credit, too) stayed for both games. They stood up, stamped there feet, and yelled "defense" every time the other team had the ball in both the women's and men's games. Too bad they are from Batesville. If they were from LR I'd make sure they were at every game.
01-11-2015 10:11 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

+1
01-11-2015 10:21 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2015 10:07 AM)RBL Wrote:  Nice to see the Men's Team go up to the kids last night after the game to thank them for the great cheering they were doing.

That is great. I still heard those kids cheering when I put on my car radio. I wondered what the heck was going on, after the game was over.
01-11-2015 10:38 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Obviously the group from Batesville was great according to those who were there, but while they were great, what is the purpose of having a group of elementary kids from a school as far away as Batesville? Most will never be back unless the school brings them to perform. The program need to be developing this type thing with central Arkansas schools, whose parents might bring them back to games in the future.
01-11-2015 12:51 PM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(01-11-2015 12:51 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  what is the purpose of having a group of elementary kids from a school as far away as Batesville?

Easy answer to that one: because you do not catch fish without a hook in the water. Sure, most of them will not be back, but most of them probably had a great time, and a few of them will remember it and come back.
01-11-2015 12:53 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2015 12:53 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 12:51 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  what is the purpose of having a group of elementary kids from a school as far away as Batesville?

Easy answer to that one: because you do not catch fish without a hook in the water. Sure, most of them will not be back, but most of them probably had a great time, and a few of them will remember it and come back.

I'm sure they had a great time, but I doubt that even a few will be back. That's a long hike for a basketball game. If they want to see a college game, they can do that at Lyon College in Batesville. Court the schools within the metro area first and foremost. There aren't many like you Pappy and Karl, who lives in Russellville I believe, that will drive that far for a game other than a hog game.
01-11-2015 01:01 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2015 10:05 AM)RBL Wrote:  1482 last night. Thanks so much to all those kids and their parents.

Great to see the kids on the front page of the Arkansas Demozette as well. Attendance was about what it has been for years- Chris would have listed it as 3100. It will be nice to have the students back for our next home game. Chasse will do things to get our game attendance up in the future- although I don't know if it is realistic to expect it this season.
01-11-2015 01:10 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

He said last night that we were going to partner with middle and elementary schools for promotions to get the young folks, and I would imagine, their parents and teachers, to games. Evidently plans are already in motion.
01-11-2015 02:21 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

That is a great idea. We need to have programs to get all the local schools a night at the arena, especially during non-conference season.

And hire Curtis to lead them in cheers. And I ain't kidding.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 04:48 PM by MICHAELSPAPPY.)
01-11-2015 04:47 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

(01-11-2015 02:21 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  He said last night that we were going to partner with middle and elementary schools for promotions to get the young folks, and I would imagine, their parents and teachers, to games. Evidently plans are already in motion.

When I lived in Little Rock, I was always curious why we seemed to invite out of town elementary kids to perform, when there is like 5 or so elementary schools within a 2 mile radius of the Jack. I don't have a problem about out of town schools coming, but I can guarantee there are several working class parents and kids in the surrounding neighborhoods that would appreciate a free night out to the games. I think that was what the Fisher Fellows was originally going to be about. I believe someone on this board stated Peterson did not follow through on this.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 07:40 PM by LR Alum.)
01-11-2015 07:39 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2015 07:39 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 02:21 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  He said last night that we were going to partner with middle and elementary schools for promotions to get the young folks, and I would imagine, their parents and teachers, to games. Evidently plans are already in motion.

When I lived in Little Rock, I was always curious why we seemed to invite out of town elementary kids to perform, when there is like 5 or so elementary schools within a 2 mile radius of the Jack. I don't have a problem about out of town schools coming, but I can guarantee there are several working class parents and kids in the surrounding neighborhoods that would appreciate a free night out to the games. I think that was what the Fisher Fellows was originally going to be about. I believe someone on this board stated Peterson did not follow through on this.

It is rather odd. I have to assume the school in Batesville sought us out. How would we even know about a school in Batesville? Regardless, they were a great group of kids and I was glad to have them.
01-11-2015 07:57 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I would invite every elementary and middle school in the greater LR area.
01-11-2015 09:31 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2015 09:31 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I would invite every elementary and middle school in the greater LR area.
01-11-2015 10:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.