Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Finally found out why a lot of coaches will not take Memphis job
Bookmark and Share
tigers1125 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
Finally found out why a lot of coaches will not take Memphis job
after much tweeting with CBB writers, the ethical/integrity clauses our coaches have to work with as in their contract ( fairly sure in contract; understanding is that Shirley/Bowen are the instigators of this) that are way tougher than comparable institutions are the reason that Shaka Smart and other coaches flat out will not coach under at Memphis even though they think it is a better job otherwise.

I knew something wasn't making sense.

So this make not be all Josh. This is evidently conversed about quite a bit with CBB writers and coaches. Explains a lot; drop off in recruiting, contant suspensions. My question will it cause us to lose Fuente earlier than need be as I am assuming he has same restrictions.
01-09-2015 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

klkuhn30 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Finally found out why a lot of coaches will not take Memphis job
(01-09-2015 01:15 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  after much tweeting with CBB writers, the ethical/integrity clauses our coaches have to work with as in their contract ( fairly sure in contract; understanding is that Shirley/Bowen are the instigators of this) that are way tougher than comparable institutions are the reason that Shaka Smart and other coaches flat out will not coach under at Memphis even though they think it is a better job otherwise.

So this make not be all Josh. This is evidently conversed about quite a bit with CBB writers and coaches. Explains a lot; drop off in recruiting, contant suspensions. My question will it cause us to lose Fuente earlier than need be as I am assuming he has same restrictions.

Be careful taking up for coaches that aren't winning, the locals don't take too kindly to that round these parts. (Not much common sense gets used to understand things like this.)
01-09-2015 01:19 AM
thewood3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of M
This can't be good info. This is Memphis, not BYU
01-09-2015 01:20 AM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
(01-09-2015 01:15 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  after much tweeting with CBB writers, the ethical/integrity clauses our coaches have to work with as in their contract ( fairly sure in contract; understanding is that Shirley/Bowen are the instigators of this) that are way tougher than comparable institutions are the reason that Shaka Smart and other coaches flat out will not coach under at Memphis even though they think it is a better job otherwise.

Raines isn't around any more ... did Cal sign it?

I call BS.

And Shaka has turned down a lot of opportunities ...
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 01:23 AM by NigelTufnel.)
01-09-2015 01:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewood3 Offline
1st String

(01-09-2015 01:35 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 01:21 AM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  

I call BS.

Not a Memphis caliber job. Why would a national CBB writer have reason to lie about this? I believe it. And not taking up for Josh. I think he has to go. But those standards need to be revisited to be in line with comparable schools.

Maybe this writer was just f'ing with you
01-09-2015 01:36 AM
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

See if you can get some specifics out of him. That should be interesting.
01-09-2015 01:46 AM
Advertisement

thewood3 Offline
1st String

(01-09-2015 01:45 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 01:36 AM)thewood3 Wrote:  

I call BS.

Not a Memphis caliber job. Why would a national CBB writer have reason to lie about this? I believe it. And not taking up for Josh. I think he has to go. But those standards need to be revisited to be in line with comparable schools.

Maybe you don't want to hear the truth. I had heard some other things locally that, with this information, make a lot of things make sense now.

I can handle the truth, but I'm not that easily convinced. These GP and Wolken types are complete megalomaniacs and I am very skeptical of their all knowing information.
01-09-2015 01:49 AM
BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
This doesn’t sound right. You can negotiate anything you want to in a contract. I cannot see the administration adding a clause that would deter coaches away.

I would have to see it to believe it.
01-09-2015 01:50 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
If this is anywhere close to being true then we must shut down the whole athletic department. Lol
01-09-2015 01:53 AM
thewood3 Offline
1st String

(01-09-2015 01:53 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  If this is anywhere close to being true then we must shut down the whole athletic department. Lol

It's complete BS
01-09-2015 01:58 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2015 01:58 AM)thewood3 Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 01:53 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  If this is anywhere close to being true then we must shut down the whole athletic department. Lol

It's complete BS

Ya...I'm not buying it cause this isn't notre fkn dame...if this was true we'll never be competitive in anything.
01-09-2015 01:59 AM
Advertisement

Briskbas Offline
Heisman

That's not what Wolken said. He said that Bowen would not hire Pearl because integrity is important to him. He said that Shaka Smart would flat not listen to any offers.
01-09-2015 02:05 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

So Bowen would not have hired calipari too.
01-09-2015 02:07 AM
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2015 02:07 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  So Bowen would not have hired calipari too.

Maybe, maybe not. Pure hypothetical you could argue either way.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 02:09 AM by Briskbas.)
01-09-2015 02:09 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

Just sayin if that's the case then we may not get the best coach possible...prob say no to Ben howland too if he was interested.
01-09-2015 02:11 AM
tigerpride96 Offline
Banned

(01-09-2015 01:45 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 01:36 AM)thewood3 Wrote:  

I call BS.

Maybe you don't want to hear the truth. I had heard some other things locally that, with this information, make a lot of things make sense now.

No offense, but you sound and write like a little kid.
01-09-2015 02:13 AM
Advertisement

tigerpride96 Offline
Banned

(01-09-2015 01:19 AM)klkuhn30 Wrote:  Be careful taking up for coaches that aren't winning, the locals don't take too kindly to that round these parts. (Not much common sense gets used to understand things like this.)

You don't honestly think many people's opinions and outright frustrations have anything to do with losing, do you? You can't be that naive. Please tell me you have more common sense than that.

There are no signs we will have a successful program this year, the year after, or the year after that, etc.

There are no signs Josh has improved as a coach or that he will improve going forward. No signs he is able to control his team or knows and can routinely demonstrate necessary X's and O's.
01-09-2015 02:20 AM
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

You gonna tell us your IQ next?
01-09-2015 02:22 AM
BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

(01-09-2015 02:11 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  Just sayin if that's the case then we may not get the best coach possible...prob say no to Ben howland too if he was interested.

I like Ben too but he’s been rode hard and put up wet.

#finished
01-09-2015 03:39 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2015 03:39 AM)BealeStreetTiger Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 02:11 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  Just sayin if that's the case then we may not get the best coach possible...prob say no to Ben howland too if he was interested.

I like Ben too but he’s been rode hard and put up wet.

#finished

Maybe but better than the three musketeers that wolken put out there.
01-09-2015 03:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.