Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jameis Winston Offically Off to the NFL...
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Jameis Winston Offically Off to the NFL...
01-07-2015 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Jameis Winston Offically Off to the NFL...
He'll be a bust IMHO
01-07-2015 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2015 10:28 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  He'll be a bust IMHO

Has more pure talent and NFL Game then Johnny Manziel...but off the field leaves a lot to be desired.
01-07-2015 10:36 AM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
People's hatred for him clouds their judgment. When people say he will be a bust, what they really mean is, "He's a thug rapist and I hope he's awful because I think he's a terrible human being."
01-07-2015 10:45 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

Really can't knock is Football Skills/Football IQ...of the QB that has come out the past 10 years only Andrew Luck is better...the off the field stuff in the current NFL Climate is going to hurt him...
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 10:58 AM by Maize.)
01-07-2015 10:57 AM
samandrea Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(01-07-2015 10:28 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  He'll be a bust IMHO

He could be, that is always a risk. But he will be a rich bust, so he is making the right choice. If I needed a QB in the draft, I would take him ahead of Mariota all day.
01-07-2015 11:58 AM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
He has the size. He has the strength. He has the talent. The mental part of the game? That is a trainwreck. That's not "thug rapist crab legs" ... that's he has HORRIBLE judgement for keeping out of trouble off the field, and that will bleed over on the field. He struggles with the spotlight of an ACC team ... how do you think he'll do when he's getting multi-million dollar paychecks, rolling with an entourage, and has submarine alimony p***y lining up around the block?
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 04:01 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
01-07-2015 12:02 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Winston is a bigger risk than Vick was. All the owners will be slow to want to waste a draft pick on a player that cannot control himself or his emotions, given the current climate in the NFL. 07-coffee3
01-07-2015 12:29 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(01-07-2015 10:45 AM)Marge Schott Wrote:  People's hatred for him clouds their judgment. When people say he will be a bust, what they really mean is, "He's a thug rapist and I hope he's awful because I think he's a terrible human being."

Yes, hatred does cloud their judgment.

He's no worse than Ben Rothelsburg or Brett Farve when it comes to being a ***** hound. He was convicted of nothing. He was charged with nothing.

As far as the crab legs go, allowing ball players to "steal" food is nothing new and I've seen it at three other ACC schools. When it comes to the damn pellet guns - for some reason that's the rage these days.

Has he shown some immature behavior off the field - of course. How old is he 20?

I participated in some stupid stuff in college in my early 20's, but TMZ was not interested in me.
01-07-2015 12:53 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
(01-07-2015 12:29 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Winston is a bigger risk than Vick was. All the owners will be slow to want to waste a draft pick on a player that cannot control himself or his emotions, given the current climate in the NFL. 07-coffee3

Disagree --

Everyone knew Vick couldn't read defenses and make plays in the pocket, yet the Falcons drafted him anyway.

Winston can read defenses and make throws in tight spots in the pocket. That'll translate to the NFL.

The big risk is taking that Oregon kid #1, unless Philly is going to ship a boatload of players to get him.
01-07-2015 01:19 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(01-07-2015 10:57 AM)Maize Wrote:  Really can't knock is Football Skills/Football IQ...of the QB that has come out the past 10 years only Andrew Luck is better...the off the field stuff in the current NFL Climate is going to hurt him...

He needs to speed up his decision making process...or else he WILL be a bust....

the NFL game is faster, and either you adjust to it, or you're out
01-07-2015 02:18 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
I think he has a 60/40 chance at best to be successful in the NFL. 07-coffee3
01-07-2015 02:23 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
I wouldn't spend a premium pick on him in the draft. I can't say I wouldn't draft him, because I would, but it would probably be in a late round.

I don't think anyone disputes his physical ability to play football. I don't even pass judgment on him being a 'thug, alleged rapist, crab leg and soda thief.' I just think that there's too much smoke there to not be a fire that will cost my NFL team dearly should I spend a premium pick on him. What will his next 'alleged' indiscretion be?

I may even be willing to take a risk on a player who I think may have indiscretions at other positions, but I wouldn't take that risk on a QB I need to rely on as the very foundation of my team.
01-07-2015 03:49 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
I hope his off field indiscretions allow him to fall to the Redskin's pick. I think he's going to be a good NFL QB.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 05:28 PM by ChrisLords.)
01-07-2015 05:28 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
I heard Baltimore will trade up for him...

LONG JOHN SILVER
01-07-2015 06:41 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(01-07-2015 10:45 AM)Marge Schott Wrote:  People's hatred for him clouds their judgment. When people say he will be a bust, what they really mean is, "He's a thug rapist and I hope he's awful because I think he's a terrible human being."

Don't put words in my mouth...that is all BS on your part.

I think he'll be a bust he has some flaws in his game. The NFL will expose it. Also, at 21 he is still a baby when compared to the 25-35 year old men defending against him.

I thought WV's QB would be a bust...he sucked when pressured in college. I think it will be similar for Winston. They might be starters for awhile but it won't last.
01-07-2015 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(01-07-2015 12:02 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  He has the size. He has the strength. He has the talent. The mental part of the game? That is a trainwreck. That's not "thug rapist crab legs" ... that's he has HORRIBLE judgement for keeping out of trouble off the field, and that will bleed over on the field. He struggles with the spotlight of an ACC team ... how do you think he'll do when he's getting multi-million dollar paychecks, rolling with an entourage, and has submarine alimony p***y lining up around the block?

You mean the off field stuff or his football iq? I only consider one as "the mental part of the game" and I don't believe him to be a trainwreck in that area.
01-07-2015 10:41 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(01-07-2015 12:53 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  

Yes, hatred does cloud their judgment.

He's no worse than Ben Rothelsburg or Brett Farve when it comes to being a ***** hound. He was convicted of nothing. He was charged with nothing.

As far as the crab legs go, allowing ball players to "steal" food is nothing new and I've seen it at three other ACC schools. When it comes to the damn pellet guns - for some reason that's the rage these days.

Has he shown some immature behavior off the field - of course. How old is he 20?

I participated in some stupid stuff in college in my early 20's, but TMZ was not interested in me.

Just turned 21 on Tuesday. Quite possibly the best-reasoned comment you've ever made.
01-07-2015 10:43 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(01-07-2015 01:19 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 12:29 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Winston is a bigger risk than Vick was. All the owners will be slow to want to waste a draft pick on a player that cannot control himself or his emotions, given the current climate in the NFL. 07-coffee3

Disagree --

Everyone knew Vick couldn't read defenses and make plays in the pocket, yet the Falcons drafted him anyway.

Winston can read defenses and make throws in tight spots in the pocket. That'll translate to the NFL.

The big risk is taking that Oregon kid #1, unless Philly is going to ship a boatload of players to get him.

I'm a Bucs fan and Mariota terrifies me. He may or may not be a competent/good QB like Kaepernick or Wilson. But both of those guys have stout defenses and a tremendous power running game on offense. Hey-o, the Bucs have neither.

When did Mariota ever have to legitimately read a defense and drop down to his 3rd or 4th read on a play? How often did he fit passes into tight windows? Did he ever make audibles an protection adjustments at the LOS or did he usually look towards the sideline for their adjustments? Then there's the whole issue of taking snaps under center ad how that will completely change the way he has to see the game. Those are serious question marks for me, just as much so as Winston's off-field antics are for others.

Will the Bucs run a "spread offense", with Lovie Smith as coach, if they draft Marota? I can't see it, though they'd obviously have to incorporate SOME aspects of it. Either way, the Bucs HAVE to draft one of them. They have to. You're taking a risk on either. Even if you drafted some other player at some other position, it's still a risk. But the risk you have to take is making the attempt at drafting a franchise QB. So either Winston or Mariota will go #1 and the other will be drafted shortly after.
01-07-2015 10:55 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

Disabled FSU student, Payton Poulis, thanks Jameis.

Brief backstory:

Quote:The Florida State Seminoles are 'Playing For Payton'

Here's a story to brighten your day. Payton Poulis is a young man with a condition similar to Cerebral Palsy, it affects his motor skills and limits his ability to speak and move freely.

A lifelong Seminoles fan, Poulin overcame great odds to graduate high school and was accepted to Florida State as a freshman this past year. After striking up a friendship with FSU WR Kenny Shaw in one of their classes, the Seminole football team invited Payton to become a regular fixture at practice -- a part of the team -- and he has been there, on the sidelines of the All Dunlap Practice fields, every day since.

Seminoles.com's Scott Kotick did a fantastic job on this piece, it's definitely worth watching.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/florida-s...ayton.html

FSU fans raised money to send him and his father to the Rose Bowl last week. At the end of one of the year's last practices, players helped him walk across the field.
[Image: B6yvxEuIQAE6tI6.jpg]

Payton's Instagram:
[Image: B6yvxEtIEAE_xK7.jpg]
01-07-2015 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.