Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's Basketball MAC Home Opener
Bookmark and Share
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Men's Basketball MAC Home Opener
The Rockets open MAC play tonight at home against upstart Central Michigan. The Chippewas are 10-1. Though they haven't had an overly challenging schedule, they did win at Big Ten member Northwestern and are #2 in the country in scoring and #5 in the nation in three point shooting percentage. It should be a good battle tonight at Savage! Hopefully there will be a good crowd!
01-06-2015 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Men's Basketball MAC Home Opener
Figure them to be Number 1 in the nation in scoring after tonight. UT wins a close game. Fowler may be the MAC's best PG.
01-06-2015 02:51 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(01-06-2015 02:51 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Figure them to be Number 1 in the nation in scoring after tonight. UT wins a close game. Fowler may be the MAC's best PG.

Juice IS the MAC's best PG!!!!!!!
01-06-2015 02:54 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-06-2015 02:41 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  The Rockets open MAC play tonight at home against upstart Central Michigan. The Chippewas are 10-1. Though they haven't had an overly challenging schedule, they did win at Big Ten member Northwestern and are #2 in the country in scoring and #5 in the nation in three point shooting percentage. It should be a good battle tonight at Savage! Hopefully there will be a good crowd!

Followed by Akron, Ohio, Western, Kent and Bowling Green. Tough way to open the MAC season.
01-06-2015 03:22 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(01-06-2015 03:22 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 02:41 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  The Rockets open MAC play tonight at home against upstart Central Michigan. The Chippewas are 10-1. Though they haven't had an overly challenging schedule, they did win at Big Ten member Northwestern and are #2 in the country in scoring and #5 in the nation in three point shooting percentage. It should be a good battle tonight at Savage! Hopefully there will be a good crowd!

Followed by Akron, Ohio, Western, Kent and Bowling Green. Tough way to open the MAC season.

Yep. That's a stretch of games that will give us much better insight into what kind of team we have. MAC will be pretty much up for grabs come tournament time--wouldn't be surprised if the #1 seed has 4 or 5 losses--Rockets have about as good a shot as any.
01-06-2015 04:05 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Fowler is a good distibuter, juice is a scorer. Fowler scored in the past partly on virtue of no one around him. Id say both are top 5 players in the MAC. But In My Own Biased Opinion Juice is the best player in the MAC.
01-06-2015 04:13 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Im on my way back from Gulf Shores and will miss the contest. Be loud for us!
01-06-2015 04:14 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(01-06-2015 02:54 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 02:51 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Figure them to be Number 1 in the nation in scoring after tonight. UT wins a close game. Fowler may be the MAC's best PG.

Juice IS the MAC's best PG!!!!!!!

By the numbers Fowler certainly makes an argument that he's better. I vote for Juice Amy heart but my head says it's awfully close.
01-06-2015 05:12 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(01-06-2015 04:13 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Fowler is a good distibuter, juice is a scorer. Fowler scored in the past partly on virtue of no one around him. Id say both are top 5 players in the MAC. But In My Own Biased Opinion Juice is the best player in the MAC.

Fowler drew LOTS of attention. He was their main option- who else put up numbers for them? Teams were foolish to give Juice too much attention on D because so many others could score. Not so w Central. Without Juice we still win 20+ last year. Without Fowler CMU is BG or worse. I think Juice is better by a sliver but it's 1 and 1a, not 1and 2.
01-06-2015 05:16 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Not impressed by CMU's 10-1 record. Besides Northwestern, they haven't played anybody worth a damn. Although, that NW win was impressive. They beat them by 13 at NW's place. NW beat Western Michigan by 6.

Regardless, this game seems as if it's going to be a pretty tough challenge for the Rockets. They're going to have to play their A game to come out with a W tonight. Hope there's a good crowd.
01-06-2015 05:37 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
Coach K of Duke said Juice IS an ACC caliber PG. Right now!!!!
01-06-2015 05:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.