RE: New AD is Chasse Conque
Very good choice.
01-05-2015 11:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Those of you going to the coronation today, be careful walking down the halls, or you might get hit by Shields doing his cartwheels.
01-06-2015 10:59 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If he's as bright as I believe he is, he knows he has to make changes to bring new fans into the arena. Ray Charles could see that the program is either no better, or worse off than when Steve took over nearly 12 years ago. He's certainly had a fair chance to move the program up success wise, and just hasn't been able to do it. It's time someone else was given the chance.
01-06-2015 11:05 AM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I didn't want Conque as AD, simply because of his lack of experience. I thought surely that this program would attract a number of good young, experienced assistants. But if it did, we never got to hear of any of them. Obviously it was rigged from the git-go. As I expected, they had no intention of hiring someone who might know what they're doing. If they had, they would have tried to hire a more experienced guy or gal.

But, he's here, and I hope for the best, but am not expecting the situation to change much. I'll stay with it at least until I see what he does regarding the coaching situation. But, I'm not expecting that to change either. Can't understand why he was the man from the git-go, other than they saw him as a puppet.
01-06-2015 11:52 AM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
(01-06-2015 11:52 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  I didn't want Conque as AD, simply because of his lack of experience. I thought surely that this program would attract a number of good young, experienced assistants. But if it did, we never got to hear of any of them. Obviously it was rigged from the git-go. As I expected, they had no intention of hiring someone who might know what they're doing. If they had, they would have tried to hire a more experienced guy or gal.

But, he's here, and I hope for the best, but am not expecting the situation to change much. I'll stay with it at least until I see what he does regarding the coaching situation. But, I'm not expecting that to change either. Can't understand why he was the man from the git-go, other than they saw him as a puppet.

So you would rather hire somebody who has AD experience but knows NOTHING about UALR. NOTHING about Little Rock. NOTHING about the fan base. NOTHING about the staff and knows NOBODY in the state?
01-06-2015 12:03 PM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
A Puppet?? That's a strong description to attached to any employee. But it definitely is the question for most of us who have been fans 30 years or so and are all too familiar with how things are done at Univ. of Ark Little Rock. For me personally, Since Conque was available, I doubt that any applicant with more age and experience elsewhere would have had a chance here. But, like I have said before, we will find out soon enough.
01-06-2015 12:10 PM
Petersonisaclown Offline
Bench Warmer

[quote='LRTrojan' pid='11626861' dateline='1420563138']
I didn't want Conque as AD, simply because of his lack of experience. I thought surely that this program would attract a number of good young, experienced assistants. But if it did, we never got to hear of any of them. Obviously it was rigged from the git-go. As I expected, they had no intention of hiring someone who might know what they're doing. If they had, they would have tried to hire a more experienced guy or gal.

Your negativity is amazing, do you like anything at all about UALR? If something made me so mad and miserable I would walk away from it, life is to short. I think that UALR could hire Gene Smith as AD and Coach K for basketball and you would find something to ***** about. Before you go bashing Chasse as a puppet and a bad hire let the men do his job. Chasse is going to be a great hire, give him a chance rather than dismissing him from the get go.
01-06-2015 01:16 PM
UaLrRuLeS Offline
Bench Warmer

lol lrt you are a miserable old man
01-06-2015 01:45 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

Chasse will be great.

He is excited, energetic, and enthusiastic. He knows exactly what he is up against and still took the job. That shows amazing self-confidence by itself. Those who come from other places, have no clue what they are getting into. Chasse does and relishes the challenge. He does not have to worry about building facilities because Chris got us those. Things can and will only go up from here.
01-06-2015 02:08 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2015 11:05 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  I wouldn't be so sure about that. If he's as bright as I believe he is, he knows he has to make changes to bring new fans into the arena. Ray Charles could see that the program is either no better, or worse off than when Steve took over nearly 12 years ago. He's certainly had a fair chance to move the program up success wise, and just hasn't been able to do it. It's time someone else was given the chance.

Being bright doesn't mean **** if you haven't any experience in the field your entering. You might be able to learn quickly, but everyone needs a mentor when they're getting started.
01-06-2015 03:20 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2015 12:03 PM)ez272 Wrote:  So you would rather hire somebody who has AD experience but knows NOTHING about UALR. NOTHING about Little Rock. NOTHING about the fan base. NOTHING about the staff and knows NOBODY in the state?

You damn right. I didn't want to hire a rookie with no experience. The way we're going, if he fires Shields, they'll probably hire the rookie coach Crass, since he knows UALR, knows Little Rock, knows the fan base, knows the staff, and knows the state of Arkansas, and knows his daddy knows people.

As I said before, I'll give rook a chance, and if does well, I'll admit that I was wrong, right here on this board, so all six of you can read it.
01-06-2015 03:31 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
LMAO
01-06-2015 03:37 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Here's my outsider's perspective:

The first thought I had when Schulte reported this was: A: Was Conque guaranteed the job the minute he applied, despite the available pool of applicants? B: Is be being ultimately used as a puppet so the Chancellor or board could have more control over the athletic program?

An out of state hire would be a smaller risk, but would be someone without the instate clout to gain attention. Meaning he would have to do it the hard way. Conque is a huge risk, but he might open up more doors for your athletic program because of his name.
01-06-2015 03:41 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

He has been raising money in this area, and knows where and how to find it. That's a huge advantage. He will be open to ideas on promotions to increase fan interest and participation. His only tough task will be to address the men's basketball program. The women's program is solid as long as Joe Foley is around. I don't know about the minor sports, but that's not a big problem since they are not money makers anyway. He doesn't begin work until January 20. I guess he had to give his present employers a certain amount of notice. His real challenge is to increase the fan base and solidify the men's basketball program, which go hand in hand, and he'll need the support of the administration to make changes that definitely need to be made.
01-06-2015 03:48 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2015 01:16 PM)Petersonisaclown Wrote:  Your negativity is amazing, do you like anything at all about UALR? If something made me so mad and miserable I would walk away from it, life is to short. I think that UALR could hire Gene Smith as AD and Coach K for basketball and you would find something to ***** about. Before you go bashing Chasse as a puppet and a bad hire let the men do his job. Chasse is going to be a great hire, give him a chance rather than dismissing him from the get go.

What damn business is it of yours what my opinion is? No one told me that you had to be an ass kisser of the UALR program to post on this board. If you don't like it, don't read my posts. I don't know who you are, and don't care, but I've put about thirty years of my life and money into this program, so that gives me every right to *****. I don't know if you're a fan, or on the payroll at UALR, but when you've put in as much time and money as I have pulling for this team, then maybe you'll have some right to criticize other fans who disagree with you. I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining about what others think had you remembered the First Amendment. I'm sure you must have forgotten about it.
01-06-2015 04:05 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

01-06-2015 04:19 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

At the end of the day, this is change and we have been crying out for change.

There is no way anyone can be hired into this job and not see the empty stands and know that something has to be done. A 3rd grader can see that, so its on Chasse to figure out what to do.

If this goes down as a fiery turd, then they can drop to d2 because there is a good size fire called money that we probably are not making at this point.
01-06-2015 04:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.