Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Rams Owner reveals plans to build NFL stadium in LA area
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
OT: Rams Owner reveals plans to build NFL stadium in LA area
The shoe has dropped on the Rams move back to LA...Also another Stadium in play for the CFP Title Game...if I'm not mistaken the Title Game is open bid....also a potential Pac 12 Title Game Stadium:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...in-la-area
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 08:36 AM by Maize.)
01-05-2015 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
RE: OT: Rams Owner reveals plans to build NFL stadium in LA area
This wasn't even a poorly kept secret.
01-05-2015 09:07 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
I just hope the Raiders move to San Antonio.
01-05-2015 09:13 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2015 09:13 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I just hope the Raiders move to San Antonio.

If anything they are more likely to get a Stadium done in Oakland or share a Stadium with the Rams or 49ers...seriously doubt the NFL-(Bob McNair/Jerry Jones no matter what they say publicly) wants to 3rd Team in Texas.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 09:18 AM by Maize.)
01-05-2015 09:16 AM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
It will be very interesting to see how the leadership in Missouri responds to this story. This could go one of two ways: they will either completely cave in and give the Rams everything they want; or they will go the other way and tell them to hit the road.

Here's hoping they choose the latter option but my guess is they will choose the former option. Losing an NFL team is a blow to the psyche of an entire region. That is the most visible sports league in the United States and losing an NFL team is more catastrophic than losing a team in any other sport. To have it happen twice in less than 40 years would be devastating to that area.
01-05-2015 09:58 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

(01-05-2015 09:16 AM)Maize Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 09:13 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I just hope the Raiders move to San Antonio.

If anything they are more likely to get a Stadium done in Oakland or share a Stadium with the Rams or 49ers...seriously doubt the NFL-(Bob McNair/Jerry Jones no matter what they say publicly) wants to 3rd Team in Texas.
I actually believe your correct. But I still think it would be great for the NFL.
01-05-2015 10:26 AM
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

Starting to think its about time for the NFL to expand. Would expanding by 8 be to much?
01-05-2015 10:27 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
(01-05-2015 10:27 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Starting to think its about time for the NFL to expand. Would expanding by 8 be to much?

Lol, yes. Way too much.

Even if you put 4 of the 8 new teams in Europe, its way too much.
01-05-2015 10:49 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2015 10:49 AM)goofus Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 10:27 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Starting to think its about time for the NFL to expand. Would expanding by 8 be to much?

Lol, yes. Way too much.

Even if you put 4 of the 8 new teams in Europe, its way too much.

Not enough QB's to make it work...but it is clear that Stan Kroenke got that land in LA last year that was in his mind. Now if they get it done would not surprise me that they will get a Super Bowl and will make a Major Push to get the CFP Title Game and the Pac 12 Title Game to that venue.
01-05-2015 10:53 AM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
(01-05-2015 10:53 AM)Maize Wrote:  will make a Major Push to get the CFP Title Game and the Pac 12 Title Game to that venue.

If staying with a neutral site, Santa Clara is a better site for the PAC 12 title game due to being closer to a majority of teams than LA is.
01-05-2015 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert

If the NFL replaces Roger Gooddell with Bob Bowlsby it will never happen. They will play for one true champion.
01-05-2015 10:57 AM
Advertisement

goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
Am I the only one who wonders how much local fan support the Rams will get?

The Rams were in LA from 1946 to 1994 and the city let them walk away with no regret 20 years ago, making no real effort to lure them back. In fact, LA does not seem to miss the Rams at all.

And if I was St Louis, I would never try to lure another team there. Just so they can use the city for 20-30 years and move on to or back to something better?

Some cities are just jinxed when it comes to the NFL.

Los Angeles, St Louis, Cleveland, Baltimore
01-05-2015 11:11 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2015 10:56 AM)adcorbett Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 10:53 AM)Maize Wrote:  will make a Major Push to get the CFP Title Game and the Pac 12 Title Game to that venue.

If staying with a neutral site, Santa Clara is a better site for the PAC 12 title game due to being closer to a majority of teams than LA is.

That is true but that is a huge market in another State of the Art Venue that the CFP and the Pac 12 can't ignore.
01-05-2015 11:12 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK

The Dolphins and Bucs owners allowed for a 3rd team in Florida, so I'm not too sure if importing MLB regional TV distribution issues to the NFL is an appropriate parallel. Moving the team to San Antonio is the only way Mark Davis can keep the Raiders. The question is not opposition in Texas to the move, but whether the other 31 NFL owners are down with keep Mark in the club.
01-05-2015 11:13 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2015 11:13 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

The Dolphins and Bucs owners allowed for a 3rd team in Florida, so I'm not too sure if importing MLB regional TV distribution issues to the NFL is an appropriate parallel. Moving the team to San Antonio is the only way Mark Davis can keep the Raiders. The question is not opposition in Texas to the move, but whether the other 31 NFL owners are down with keep Mark in the club.

According to reports it appears that Mark Davis is just using San Antonio as leverage with the Cities of Oakland mainly and somewhat with Los Angeles.
01-05-2015 11:16 AM
MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
St. Louis is suppose to announce new outdoor stadium plans this week. Let the PR battles begin.
01-05-2015 11:18 AM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California

The 49ers stadium is in an unappealing suburban location. It's the Bay Area's equivalent of a stadium in the Meadowlands. As for teams traveling to the Pac-12 title game, the convenience is the same to fans from Oregon, Arizona, or Utah whether they fly to SFO or LAX. Maybe some people took the all-day drive from Oregon to Santa Clara a few weeks ago, but I'd be surprised if many did that. That drive is a few hours longer each way than SF to LA (or Phoenix to LA).
01-05-2015 11:20 AM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
(01-05-2015 11:11 AM)goofus Wrote:  Some cities are just jinxed when it comes to the NFL.

I would not put Baltimore or Cleveland on that list. They just had stadium issues and greedy owners (Irsay and Modell) who were simply not willing ot work with their cities, and were leveraged out by other cities. They never, ever, had support issues. When you consider how bad the Browns have been for so long, and the serious support they still maintain, they might be one of the most die hard fan bases around.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 11:20 AM by adcorbett.)
01-05-2015 11:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2015 11:20 AM)Wedge Wrote:  

The 49ers stadium is in an unappealing suburban location. It's the Bay Area's equivalent of a stadium in the Meadowlands. As for teams traveling to the Pac-12 title game, the convenience is the same to fans from Oregon, Arizona, or Utah whether they fly to SFO or LAX. Maybe some people took the all-day drive from Oregon to Santa Clara a few weeks ago, but I'd be surprised if many did that. That drive is a few hours longer each way than SF to LA (or Phoenix to LA).

This is the supposed plan by Kroenke:

Developers of the project told the Times that no tax dollars would be used for the construction project, including the stadium, which could be completed by 2018. Before construction can begin, however, the project must pass several political and environmental hurdles and the Rams must, of course, commit to moving back to Los Angeles after the 2015 season.

Any NFL franchise interested in relocating for the next season would have to apply between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15 of that year, according to league bylaws, and prove it has exhausted all attempts to remain in its current location. The earliest a team could relocate to Los Angeles would be January 2016, and the Times reported that team would likely play in the L.A. Coliseum or possibly the Rose Bowl until a new stadium is completed.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said last month that no teams would be moving to Los Angeles for the 2015 season.

The two teams that have always made the most sense to relocate to Los Angeles are the last two NFL teams to leave Los Angeles 20 years ago: the Oakland Raiders and the Rams.

The Raiders' lease to play at O.co Coliseum, formerly known as the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, has expired, and the team is now on a year-to-year agreement. Meanwhile, the Rams can get out of their lease agreement with the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission to play at the Edward Jones Dome, as well.

The third team in play for L.A., the San Diego Chargers, can announce its intention to leave San Diego between Feb. 1 and May 1 of each year through 2020 if it pays an early-termination fee tied to the bonds used to expand Qualcomm Stadium in 1997.

The original plan for Hollywood Park, which is 3 miles east of the Los Angeles International Airport, included the construction of 2,995 homes, 620,000 square feet of retail space and 25 acres of parks. A major park called Champion Park is slated to be constructed as part of the first phase.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 11:26 AM by Maize.)
01-05-2015 11:25 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2015 11:20 AM)adcorbett Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 11:11 AM)goofus Wrote:  Some cities are just jinxed when it comes to the NFL.

I would not put Baltimore or Cleveland on that list. They just had stadium issues and greedy owners (Irsay and Modell) who were simply not willing ot work with their cities, and were leveraged out by other cities. They never, ever, had support issues. When you consider how bad the Browns have been for so long, and the serious support they still maintain, they might be one of the most die hard fan bases around.

Both the Cities of Baltimore and Cleveland supported the Colts and Browns under the Rosenbloom/Irsay Colt Ownership and the Modell Browns Ownership and both support the Current Ravens and Browns today...they now both play in State of the Art Venues and the Browns Stadium even though it is not old just went under a huge Renovation to keep it Modern.
01-05-2015 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.