Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Toledo will wear this helmet logo for the GDB
Bookmark and Share
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

.jpg  ImageUploadedByCSNbbs1420308129.653882.jpg (Size: 104.67 KB / Downloads: 173)

With white helmets...thoughts?
01-03-2015 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCannon21 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Toledo will wear this helmet logo for the GDB
I think it's badass for lack of a better word at this moment. The white helmets complement any logo but this one takes the cake
01-03-2015 01:16 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
I hope we do the blue or gold pants. We always wear all white when it rains and they get dingy. It may be a good omen to where colored pants
01-03-2015 01:18 PM
JCannon21 Offline
Special Teams

(01-03-2015 01:18 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I hope we do the blue or gold pants. We always wear all white when it rains and they get dingy. It may be a good omen to where colored pants

Agreed
01-03-2015 01:18 PM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

Not a fan. Like the solid Rocket.
01-03-2015 01:59 PM
bpusate9 Offline
Water Engineer

I think it looks pretty good, but I think it would be better with gold star over Toledo.
01-03-2015 02:17 PM
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Stupid. We are Rockets from Toledo. Why can't we just put the rocket on and be done. So tired of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-03-2015 02:35 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

Heard through the grapevine the team is wearing gold pants. We will have a similar style to that we wore in 2005 vs. UTEP.

There is a stAte fan on this board that has a red wolf in the state of Arkansas as his signature. I like it because it brands you as a part of the state not just a city. Ohio is 2-1 in Bowl season and we could make it 3-1 with a W. Im proud of where I am from and I think the logo brands us as a midwestern team located in Ohio. My friends going to the game brought three Toledo flags and a state of Ohio one.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 03:13 PM by UofToledoFans.)
01-03-2015 03:12 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Will the word "Toledo" at least be on the jersey somewhere?
01-03-2015 03:14 PM
MidnightBlueGold Online
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(01-03-2015 03:12 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Heard through the grapevine the team is wearing gold pants. We will have a similar style to that we wore in 2005 vs. UTEP.

There is a stAte fan on this board that has a red wolf in the state of Arkansas as his signature. I like it because it brands you as a part of the state not just a city. Ohio is 2-1 in Bowl season and we could make it 3-1 with a W. Im proud of where I am from and I think the logo brands us as a midwestern team located in Ohio. My friends going to the game brought three Toledo flags and a state of Ohio one.

I do not want to be associated with 0hio $tate and their obnoxious 'fans'.
01-03-2015 03:20 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

Im sure arkansas state doesnt want to be associated with Arkansas the school but the state... You know where jonesboro is located... In arkansas... Is why he has the logo including the state. Our waitress asked us yesterday where we were from? I said Toledo, and he said who are you rooting for, we said Toledo. She said, oh Im sorry I didnt even know who was playing besides Arkansas State. Where is Toledo? Granted she may not be very intelligent, but she isnt the only one who doesnt know down here. It helps people gain perspective. Obviously Arkansas State has Arkansas in the name, but Toledo is a state school and do collect tax dollars there. Why not try to become the second or third most known school in the state?
01-03-2015 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Henry Burlingame Offline
Special Teams

I like it.
01-03-2015 04:37 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
None of my business but it's got a retro feel which scores high with me.

We are pushing state identity because there is so much room for growth with UArk reducing its presence in Central Arkansas.
01-03-2015 06:12 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(01-03-2015 03:20 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 03:12 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Heard through the grapevine the team is wearing gold pants. We will have a similar style to that we wore in 2005 vs. UTEP.

+1. It's ugly.
01-03-2015 06:30 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-03-2015 06:30 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 03:20 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

+1. It's ugly.

We are in Ohio. I think a similar logo could be a way to say we are not owned by Columbus, as opposed to associate us with them. Maybe? Would it help/hurt with in-state recruiting?

I however still much prefer to emphasize Toledo and Rockets both from an athletic and an academic POV. Unfortunately, we have a new mayor that disagrees and puts the Stroh Center in the city of Toledo ads with no mention of the university that actually exists and serves this community as opposed to sitting 30 miles away using the city as an urban source of grant money with no return to the city.
01-03-2015 06:38 PM
MidnightBlueGold Online
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(01-03-2015 06:38 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  I however still much prefer to emphasize Toledo and Rockets both from an athletic and an academic POV. Unfortunately, we have a new mayor that disagrees and puts the Stroh Center in the city of Toledo ads with no mention of the university that actually exists and serves this community as opposed to sitting 30 miles away using the city as an urban source of grant money with no return to the city.

Wait...WHAT??? 04-jawdrop
01-03-2015 06:42 PM
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
I live 6 miles from the city limits into Michigan and don't want to be associated with Zero State
01-03-2015 06:54 PM
therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
For better or worse, we have a rep for being the city that 'Michigan didn't want', and some of you guys are acting like it. There's an opportunity for a Midwestern Renaissance in College Football based on some of the events that took place during this bowl season and we have a great chance to participate. This is a big deal with the game becoming more and more tribal in the regional sense. I'm 100% for Ohio State getting one more win next week, but I don't come here to talk about them. I'm here for Rocket athletics.

I love the helmets.
01-03-2015 07:26 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(01-03-2015 07:26 PM)therockets046 Wrote:  For better or worse, we have a rep for being the city that 'Michigan didn't want', and some of you guys are acting like it. There's an opportunity for a Midwestern Renaissance in College Football based on some of the events that took place during this bowl season and we have a great chance to participate. This is a big deal with the game becoming more and more tribal in the regional sense. I'm 100% for Ohio State getting one more win next week, but I don't come here to talk about them. I'm here for Rocket athletics.

I love the helmets.

What thought there was a war over Toledo. Sure I saw that on history channel. 03-wink
01-03-2015 09:12 PM
Rocket Man Offline
2nd String

Michigan wanted Toledo. They were even ready to go to battle over us. I would prefer to not have the state logo on our helmet. I am going to design a kickass one and post on this board for discussion. If all like - I'll send to coach campbell.
Go Rockets!!!
01-03-2015 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.