Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hartford Courant: "There will be another round of movement [expansion]"
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
Hartford Courant: "There will be another round of movement [expansion]"
"Things have been quiet on the conference realignment front, but don't expect it to stay that way. There will be another round of movement..."

Don Amore, The Hartford Courant, January 1,2015

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens...story.html

About Don Amore:
Dom Amore joined the Courant in 1988 and has been the UConn men’s basketball beat reporter since 2011, chronicling their national championship run in 2014. He also has covered the Giants, Whalers and Yankees beats during his career in Hartford. Dom has won more than two dozen state, regional and national sportswriting awards. The National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association named him Connecticut Sportswriter of the Year in 2011, 2012 and 2013. He served as vice chairman of the New York Chapter of the Baseball Writers of America in 2005-06. A lifelong resident of the New Haven area, he previously worked for the Shore Line Newspapers, the New Haven Register and the Milford Citizen.

This isn't some twitter/blog starwars character. From what I have found out, he is the guy with the deepest sources at Uconn AND Providence/AAC headquarters. This news doesn't necessarily implicate Uconn, that is Uconn is the one that may move, but Mr.Amore's credentials are unimpeachable. I wonder if word is filtering through AAC headquarters...
01-02-2015 05:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
RE: Hartford Courant: "There will be another round of movement [expansion]"
Don't know much about the guy but it seemsike he makes a similar statement every couple of weeks.
01-02-2015 06:16 AM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
More "expansion is imminent" articles have come out of Hartford than anywhere else since the collapse of the Big East.
01-02-2015 06:46 AM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I am starting to think that the Big 12 is unstable. The Big Ten could go after Iowa State and West Virginia. The American could go after Baylor and TCU. The Big 12 then would be down to 6 teams.
01-02-2015 06:57 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
OK..... Why TF would Baylor and TCU leave the Big 12 for the American? Why would the B1G go after Iowa St (they already own this mega market) and WVU (a nonexistent market)?
01-02-2015 07:20 AM
Danger in Carolina Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU & AAC & MWC
Well since it's a fact that the Big 12 was turned down by UConn already (I get my facts from this board), one wonders what insider information Don Amore has.
01-02-2015 07:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
There will indeed. After all, there is a round of power conference realignment every ten to twenty years or so, so we can expect another round of movement ... in about a decade or two.
01-02-2015 08:12 AM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Wishful thinking.
Otacon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: West Virginia
(01-02-2015 07:20 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  OK..... Why TF would Baylor and TCU leave the Big 12 for the American? Why would the B1G go after Iowa St (they already own this mega market) and WVU (a nonexistent market)?

WVU own almost all the eastern seaboard market. Second to none. Plus WVU's academics are suppose to jump to somewhere in the mid fifties next year.....07-coffee3
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(01-02-2015 06:46 AM)uakronkid Wrote:  More "expansion is imminent" articles have come out of Hartford than anywhere else since the collapse of the Big East.

01-02-2015 08:14 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(01-02-2015 08:12 AM)Otacon Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 07:20 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  OK..... Why TF would Baylor and TCU leave the Big 12 for the American? Why would the B1G go after Iowa St (they already own this mega market) and WVU (a nonexistent market)?

WVU own almost all the eastern seaboard market. Second to none. Plus WVU's academics are suppose to jump to somewhere in the mid fifties next year.....07-coffee3

If you would have said "Eastern Panhandle", I would have agreed with you.

"Eastern Seaboard" on the other hand......
01-02-2015 08:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers

So what you are saying is all of your fans are out of state and adding WV would in no way improve tv $. You make a good argument for the BIG to continue its march to the sea by going after UVa and UNC.
01-02-2015 08:52 AM
madizoned-level2004 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU and Rutgers
WVU is the Big East opponent I miss most. Hillbillies vs Guidos. 'Neers vs 'Nights. They'd need AAU membership before joining the Big Ten. Also, I think they'd have to prove that they can expand the BTN footprint, and I'm not sure they do. I assume their alumni are largely in places like Pittsburgh, maybe the DC area, and these are markets where BTN is already on the air.
01-02-2015 09:04 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(01-02-2015 08:32 AM)TerryD Wrote:  

If you would have said "Eastern Panhandle", I would have agreed with you.

"Eastern Seaboard" on the other hand......

I think Octacon was being sarcastic....

I think..
01-02-2015 09:23 AM
ArQ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt/Louisville
(01-02-2015 05:19 AM)BE4evah Wrote:  "Things have been quiet on the conference realignment front, but don't expect it to stay that way. There will be another round of movement..."

About Don Amore:
Dom Amore joined the Courant in 1988 and has been the UConn men’s basketball beat reporter since 2011, chronicling their national championship run in 2014. He also has covered the Giants, Whalers and Yankees beats during his career in Hartford. Dom has won more than two dozen state, regional and national sportswriting awards. The National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association named him Connecticut Sportswriter of the Year in 2011, 2012 and 2013. He served as vice chairman of the New York Chapter of the Baseball Writers of America in 2005-06. A lifelong resident of the New Haven area, he previously worked for the Shore Line Newspapers, the New Haven Register and the Milford Citizen.

This isn't some twitter/blog starwars character. From what I have found out, he is the guy with the deepest sources at Uconn AND Providence/AAC headquarters. This news doesn't necessarily implicate Uconn, that is Uconn is the one that may move, but Mr.Amore's credentials are unimpeachable. I wonder if word is filtering through AAC headquarters...

IMO, Big 12 will add Boise State definitely. Then the last B12 team should be BYU. If BYU shall pass, it goes to Cincinnati.

UConn will join ACC when Notre Dame is ready for full ACC membership.
01-02-2015 09:35 AM
Otacon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: West Virginia
(01-02-2015 09:23 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  I think Octacon was being sarcastic....

I think..

You can never really tell with us 'eer fans....05-stirthepot
01-02-2015 09:39 AM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-02-2015 09:35 AM)ArQ Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 05:19 AM)BE4evah Wrote:  "Things have been quiet on the conference realignment front, but don't expect it to stay that way. There will be another round of movement..."

About Don Amore:

IMO, Big 12 will add Boise State definitely. Then the last B12 team should be BYU. If BYU shall pass, it goes to Cincinnati.

UConn will join ACC when Notre Dame is ready for full ACC membership.

Big 12 isn't going west unless they can come to favorable terms with BYU. Even then, they may not since I doubt they want to stretch the conference footprint into 3 timezones at this time.
01-02-2015 09:56 AM
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati

Don't you read our board?

The American is a POWERHOUSE!!! IT CANNOT BE STOPPED!!! ONLY HOPE IS TO CONTAIN US!!!
01-02-2015 10:04 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(01-02-2015 07:51 AM)Danger in Carolina Wrote:  Well since it's a fact that the Big 12 was turned down by UConn already (I get my facts from this board), one wonders what insider information Don Amore has.

The kind of information that I have.
01-02-2015 10:22 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
UCONN to the PAC.

Announcement coming this Tuesday. 07-coffee3
01-02-2015 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.