RE: SEC - "Houston, we have a problem"
Go Winners!
01-01-2015 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
Now we just need those cronies from Alabama to get their teeth kicked in.

I dispise Ohio St but someone has to pay for what happened to UAB. A crying Bama alum will have to do.
01-01-2015 04:13 PM
Advertisement

TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(01-01-2015 03:50 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  SEC is being embarrassed this bowl season. 04-rock

You're lying! The SEC is the best conference! I heard it on ESPN several hundred times and they are the freaking worldwide leader in sports!

See? They aren't lying to us. They were even kind enough to address our crazy conspiracy theories.

"I get defensive when stupid, uninformed stuff gets repeated again and again" - Chris Fowler

You wouldn't mean like referring to the SEC as dominant and "controlling the balance of power in college football" while they have a losing record against teams from other P5 conferences would you?

My head is going to explode...
01-01-2015 04:35 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(01-01-2015 03:50 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  SEC is being embarrassed this bowl season. 04-rock

Not nearly as bad as the Big12. I'd say without TCU and Texas the Big12 might be hard pressed to stay in P5.
01-01-2015 04:56 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-01-2015 04:07 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  The supposedly weaker West division is 3-0 with two more bowls left.

The East (aka. ESPN's "Greatest Division in College Football") is now 2-4. I suppose 'Bama can still make it a .500 bowl season and salvage the East's pride if it wins the NC.

What? Check the divisions.
01-01-2015 05:02 PM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(01-01-2015 05:02 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 04:07 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  The supposedly weaker West division is 3-0 with two more bowls left.

The East (aka. ESPN's "Greatest Division in College Football") is now 2-4. I suppose 'Bama can still make it a .500 bowl season and salvage the East's pride if it wins the NC.

What? Check the divisions.

Yeah, he may be dyslexic.
01-01-2015 05:03 PM
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
ETH! EEE! THEE!
ETH! EEE! THEE!
02-13-banana

Loved how Paul Johnson of Georgia Tech even took a swipe at the SEC hype when being interviewed on the field right after the game. He cracked something along the lines of, "Now we won't have to hear about the SEC, at least for a couple of weeks."

(01-01-2015 04:07 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  The supposedly weaker East division is 3-0 with two more bowls left.

The West (aka. ESPN's "Greatest Division in College Football") is now 2-4. I suppose 'Bama can still make it a .500 bowl season and salvage the West's pride if it wins the NC.

Yep. From 4 teams in the Top 5 in late October to completely embarrassing itself over the past 48 hours. I don't often root for Ohio State, but if 'Bama goes down, that would round out things perfectly.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 05:19 PM by HarborPointe.)
01-01-2015 05:11 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2015 04:56 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

Not nearly as bad as the Big12. I'd say without TCU and Texas the Big12 might be hard pressed to stay in P5.

I get what you're saying about Texas but the big 12 had 2 pretty good teams in Baylor and TCU. Most conferences don't have more than 2 really good teams. Only ESPN would lead you to believe that the SEC does but that has been exposed this year. The Big 12's top two teams split. Only the ACC and Big10 have a chance for their top two to sweep and I haven't heard anyone arguing that the ACC and Big 10 were the best conferences this year.

I don't care for any of those 5 conferences but I'm really enjoying the SEC having problems. Alabama is #1 on the premise that the SEC and especially SEC West was dominant this year and it wasn't the case in the regular season and hasn't been the case in the post season.

I wish Baylor would have won, but other than that this has to be the worst case scenario for the Committee the way these last couple days have played out.

TCU went from #3 to #6 and missed the playoff and then destroyed a team that beat #1 Alabama. They put Alabama at 1 and FSU at 3 despite the fact that the ACC had a winning record against the SEC and FSU was undefeated while Alabama had a loss. Now Two of FSU's best wins have beaten two of Alabama's best wins in Bowl games. It's all being exposed as one big clusterf**k. They didn't (and really can't) know what they were doing but they had the huge ESPN propaganda machine behind them to pound into our heads the choices that were made, but you can only spin so much.
01-01-2015 05:23 PM
Advertisement

sfg22 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNT
No doubt, out of the P5 the Big 12 is having the hardest time. TCU beating a team that was playing horribly to end the season (and should not have been in a major bowl) does not make up for the rest of the conferences ineptitude.
01-01-2015 11:22 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(01-01-2015 11:22 PM)sfg22 Wrote:  No doubt, out of the P5 the Big 12 is having the hardest time. TCU beating a team that was playing horribly to end the season (and should not have been in a major bowl) does not make up for the rest of the conferences ineptitude.

But they may have been the best team to end the season - they would kill Bama with all the speed they have on offense. It would be much worse than OU last year.
01-01-2015 11:50 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(01-01-2015 11:22 PM)sfg22 Wrote:  No doubt, out of the P5 the Big 12 is having the hardest time. TCU beating a team that was playing horribly to end the season (and should not have been in a major bowl) does not make up for the rest of the conferences ineptitude.

Your post makes no sense. Ole Miss BEAT Top 5 ranked Miss State in their final regular season game and was ranked #9 going into their game against TCU. That's hardly "playing horribly to end the season".
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 12:06 AM by HogDawg.)
01-02-2015 12:03 AM
Advertisement

TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

(01-02-2015 12:03 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  

Your post makes no sense. Ole Miss BEAT Top 5 ranked Miss State in their final regular season game and was ranked #9 going into their game against TCU. That's hardly "playing horribly to end the season".

They lost 3 of their last 4 games against FBS opponents.
@LSU L 7-10
Auburn L 31-35
Presbyterian W 48-0
@Arkansas L 0-30
Miss State W 31-17

LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas will all finish the year unranked. Miss State will probably be around 15th or so if I had to guess. Not terrible for an average team, but nowhere near the resume you would expect from what the "experts" had as the #9 team in the country.
01-02-2015 01:32 AM
sfg22 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNT
(01-01-2015 11:50 PM)winston70 Wrote:  

But they may have been the best team to end the season - they would kill Bama with all the speed they have on offense. It would be much worse than OU last year.

They may have been, but Baylor should have been declared the champ of the Big 12. The Big 12 tanking in all their bowl games doesn't make me think they should have been in. The SEC is 5-5 during bowl season and the Big 12 is 1-4 with the chance of making that record look slightly better or much worse.
01-02-2015 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.