Time: 7:00 PM

Opponent: VMI (5-8, 1-1 SoCon)

Place: Freedom Hall

Television: None

Webcast: SoCon Digital Network (Free)

Radio online: ETSUBucs.com (Free)

VMI 2014-2015 Schedule

VMI 2014-2015 Roster
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 09:33 PM by ETSUfan1.)
12-31-2014 08:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: VMI
I know the Keydets hoist up a lot of 3s. Does anyone know if they play a 5 guard offense?
12-31-2014 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
I hope our players feel disappointed, sorry for themselves, or whatever they're feeling for 5 minutes and then move on. If we're still playing Tennessee on Friday, we'll get beat.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 10:52 PM by Bucfaithful.)
12-31-2014 10:52 PM
BucsFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU & UVa
Only VMI has averaged more made 3 pointers per game this season than the Bucs.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 12:03 AM by BucsFan.)
01-01-2015 12:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

VMI stats: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...mi-keydets

QJ Petersen, a 6' sophomore guard, ranks 16th in the nation in scoring at 20 ppg. He's a high-volume scorer (i.e., he shoots a lot) in the keydets early-shot clock offense, but does not score efficiently (36% FG, 30% 3-pt). At one point last season, "Q" ranked 2nd (in the nation) beyond Duke's Jabari Parker in freshman scoring. Peterson rebounds extremely well (5 rpg), but is prone to TO's (3.5).

The season now gets serious.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 07:12 PM by Bucfaithful.)
01-01-2015 07:03 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
This game scares me. I hope we aren't feeling sorry for ourselves after the UT game. I haven't seen that flaw with this team yet, so maybe I shouldn't be worried? If VMI gets hot and we have an off night, we will lose.
01-01-2015 09:14 PM
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

(01-01-2015 09:14 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  This game scares me. I hope we aren't feeling sorry for ourselves after the UT game. I haven't seen that flaw with this team yet, so maybe I shouldn't be worried? If VMI gets hot and we have an off night, we will lose.

Due to how we play, if we have an off night at any game we will lose. In that sense, every game should scare us.

Looking at the schedule, we have 19 games left. I think that we should win every one of them, but we will lose 2-3 games because of us missing our 3 point shots that we normally hit. That is 22 wins, and I can live with that record from this team. Any less than that will be an indictment on Bartow.
01-01-2015 09:39 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-01-2015 09:39 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 09:14 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  This game scares me. I hope we aren't feeling sorry for ourselves after the UT game. I haven't seen that flaw with this team yet, so maybe I shouldn't be worried? If VMI gets hot and we have an off night, we will lose.

Due to how we play, if we have an off night at any game we will lose. In that sense, every game should scare us.

Looking at the schedule, we have 19 games left. I think that we should win every one of them, but we will lose 2-3 games because of us missing our 3 point shots that we normally hit. That is 22 wins, and I can live with that record from this team. Any less than that will be an indictment on Bartow.

Unless Wilson or AJ grows a few inches or Banks puts on 20 pounds of muscle in the next week or so I can see us losing more than 2-3 games.
01-01-2015 09:54 PM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
Tommy Williams is still a wild card, IMO. With some playing time, he might decide to average a double-double in conference. We have many wins to come, and some losses to follow if the system does not fully gel. I am optimistic for a strong run, regardless of some miscues, so long as there are no further injuries or unspeakable issues. I do hope Desonta will be fine with his hand, but his absence is probably the window of opportunity needed for TW to actually play and contribute, with more crucial need for his own skillset. Here's to hoping TW tips the scales on Friday and thereafter.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 10:50 PM by shampoo.)
01-01-2015 10:50 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

[/quote]

Unless Wilson or AJ grows a few inches or Banks puts on 20 pounds of muscle in the next week or so I can see us losing more than 2-3 games.
[/quote]

We are not playing UT again, we are playing in a weak Southern Comference which should be easier than our last season in the A-Sun. These teams will not exploit our inside problems like UT
01-01-2015 10:56 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-01-2015 10:56 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  
Quote:Unless Wilson or AJ grows a few inches or Banks puts on 20 pounds of muscle in the next week or so I can see us losing more than 2-3 games.

We are not playing UT again, we are playing in a weak Southern Comference which should be easier than our last season in the A-Sun. These teams will not exploit our inside problems like UT

You really think we are only going to have 2-3 games where the 3's aren't falling? Someone is going to tweak an ankle here, get a flu bug there hurt their hand (Bradford) lack of depth, lack of an inside game totally dependent on the 3. That doesn't equal rolling over the SoCon. The SoCon is weak but damn you are making it sound like we are some kind of powerhouse head and shoulders above the league, based on what?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 11:35 PM by RodShaw2.)
01-01-2015 11:31 PM
Advertisement

shampoo Offline
All American

Wofford is the top dog, demonstrated out of conference. I think we can swing 2nd and try to shoot our way to the dance. But our roster can't handle anyone serious out of conference right now.
01-01-2015 11:39 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

The problem is most mid major teams have serviceable inside players. When our shots are not falling at a certain rate like the UT game then we will lose. Our great guards cannot score all the points every game and we will have those "unexplainable" losses. Hope I am wrong and we win them all from here out.
01-01-2015 11:41 PM
JWBUC Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(01-01-2015 11:41 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  The problem is most mid major teams have serviceable inside players. When our shots are not falling at a certain rate like the UT game then we will lose. Our great guards cannot score all the points every game and we will have those "unexplainable" losses. Hope I am wrong and we win them all from here out.

Well I think UNCG has already shown we will not waltz thru the Socon for the exact reasons you mentioned above. Our shots were not falling as much in that game, and we were beat inside.
01-02-2015 02:24 AM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(01-01-2015 09:54 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 09:39 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  

Agree.
01-02-2015 06:48 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

“I don’t want a shootout,” ETSU senior guard Rashawn Rembert said. “I want a win.”

Bucs expect long-rang shootout with VMI | Johnson City Press http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/...z3NfzJfCwn
01-02-2015 10:12 AM
Advertisement

shampoo Offline
All American

Story also makes it clear that Bates is ineligible, if there were any lingering doubts. I think this one will be frustratingly close.

How about RR going 7/11 from three at UT? I thought he took more shots. Practically 64% there - insane!
01-02-2015 12:09 PM
squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
“The fact that now we can play him is a real positive thing for us,” Bartow said.

Bartow referring to 6'5" Tommy Williams. So, what's the reason he rode the bench for so long?
01-02-2015 12:55 PM
shampoo Offline
All American

He rode because he is an undersized PF that had two appropriate sized ones ahead of him, and there was no room among the guards, either. Now we're down three combined. No excuse not to play TW anymore, and even Bartow had to man up. That's my guess.
01-02-2015 12:59 PM
squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-02-2015 12:55 PM)squeak Wrote:  “The fact that now we can play him is a real positive thing for us,” Bartow said.

Bartow referring to 6'5" Tommy Williams. So, what's the reason he rode the bench for so long?

I guess the "a real positive thing for us" is confusing to me. That statement alludes that he should've seen more minutes.
01-02-2015 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.