Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Playoff - TCU
Bookmark and Share
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
Playoff - TCU
TCU is destroying Ole Miss and should have been in the playoff over Ohio St. Hopefully this helps the push for 8 teams.
12-31-2014 01:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Playoff - TCU
TCU is not playing around. Talk about sending a message
12-31-2014 02:52 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-31-2014 01:58 PM)winston70 Wrote:  TCU is destroying Ole Miss and should have been in the playoff over Ohio St. Hopefully this helps the push for 8 teams.

I think Ohio State beats Bama and we see that the SEC was hugely overrated this year.
12-31-2014 03:00 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-31-2014 03:00 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  
(12-31-2014 01:58 PM)winston70 Wrote:  TCU is destroying Ole Miss and should have been in the playoff over Ohio St. Hopefully this helps the push for 8 teams.

I think Ohio State beats Bama and we see that the SEC was hugely overrated this year.

Much to my dismay when picking my bowl pool selections, I picked OSU to win it all too...it wasn't easy....
12-31-2014 03:02 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Re: RE: Playoff - TCU

I've been saying this for years.
12-31-2014 03:04 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I have a feeling Bama is going to take Ohio State to the woodshed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
12-31-2014 03:23 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Still think Baylor should had been in over TCU.
12-31-2014 03:24 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Anyone still think ole miss wont play Machine gun Kelly at qb next year???
12-31-2014 03:39 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
There needs to be a playoff with the champs of all conferences. I don't care how bad the Sun Belt is it needs to include EVERY conference. This year gives support to that format if anything.

SEC Champ
Alabama - playoff

Pac 12 Champ
Oregon - playoff

ACC Champ
FSU - playoff

Big 10 Champ
OSU - playoff

Big 12 Champ (according to them its co-champs with Baylor and TCU they would have to pick one to send and I imagine it would be Baylor)
Baylor - bowl game pending
TCU - Curb stomped #9 Ole Miss

C-USA Champ
Marshall - curb stomped an 11-2 team

MWC Champ
Boise State - currently beating #10 Arizona 31-20 in the 3rd qtr

AAC Champ (another conference with co-champs Memphis beat Cincy head to head. Could have been Memphis or UCF)
Memphis - defeated 8-4 BYU in bowl game
UCF - lost to NC State in bowl game

MAC Champ
NIU - lost to Marshall

Sun Belt Champ
Ga Southern - no bowl because of transitional year

So the 3 worst automatic qualifiers based on post season performance would be Memphis (10-3), NIU (11-3), and Georgia Southern (9-3). Those aren't juggernauts but they aren't crap teams either. Memphis was reasonably competitive with an Ole Miss team that beat the #1 seed in the playoffs. The disparity isn't as big as some want everyone to think. Most likely all the Gof5 teams would be out in the first round but you never know. Let them play the stinking games. After the 10 AQs, the P5 can include as many at large bids as their money grubbing hearts desire.

But it will never happen because the governing body of our sport is not who is actually running it. All of the Gof5 leadership has failed us. We need to draw a line in the sand. Let them call our bluff and kick us out if they want to. See how their fans react to losing their 7th and 8th home games every year because they can no longer schedule us. I know some will disagree with this because but our other option is to say nothing (from a leadership position) and hope they suddenly decide to include us on their own. Does anyone have any reason to believe that is going to happen?
12-31-2014 07:10 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Ole Miss wasn't half the team in the second half of the year that they were in the first half of the year. They lost 3 of their last 4 against FBS teams. Counting today, they lost 4 of their last 5. That's not a #9 team by a long shot.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 07:26 PM by banker.)
12-31-2014 07:26 PM
STexMiner Offline
All American

I Root For:

The Big 10 was even more overrated than the SEC this year. I hate to say it, but Bama wins this one easily. Hopefully, then they get curbstomped in the "championship" game.
12-31-2014 07:26 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
Playoff - TCU
I doubt it happens but I hope Miss St loses to GT and Bama loses to tOSU. Then maybe we can stop this sec west is amazing talk based on them beating each other. LSU already set the tone by losing to a very pedestrian Notre Dame.

I'm not arguing that the SEC isn't the best conference but it reached ridiculous levels this season. Losing to an SEC west team was almost seen as better than beating fringe top 25 team
12-31-2014 08:28 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(12-31-2014 08:28 PM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  I doubt it happens but I hope Miss St loses to GT and Bama loses to tOSU. Then maybe we can stop this sec west is amazing talk based on them beating each other. LSU already set the tone by losing to a very pedestrian Notre Dame.

I'm not arguing that the SEC isn't the best conference but it reached ridiculous levels this season. Losing to an SEC west team was almost seen as better than beating fringe top 25 team

The $EC is ESPN's darling now and will continue to get their full support even when they are losing games...
01-01-2015 12:42 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-31-2014 07:10 PM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  There needs to be a playoff with the champs of all conferences. I don't care how bad the Sun Belt is it needs to include EVERY conference. This year gives support to that format if anything.

SEC Champ
Alabama - playoff

Pac 12 Champ
Oregon - playoff

ACC Champ
FSU - playoff

Big 10 Champ
OSU - playoff

Big 12 Champ (according to them its co-champs with Baylor and TCU they would have to pick one to send and I imagine it would be Baylor)
Baylor - bowl game pending
TCU - Curb stomped #9 Ole Miss

C-USA Champ
Marshall - curb stomped an 11-2 team

MWC Champ
Boise State - currently beating #10 Arizona 31-20 in the 3rd qtr

AAC Champ (another conference with co-champs Memphis beat Cincy head to head. Could have been Memphis or UCF)
Memphis - defeated 8-4 BYU in bowl game
UCF - lost to NC State in bowl game

MAC Champ
NIU - lost to Marshall

Sun Belt Champ
Ga Southern - no bowl because of transitional year

So the 3 worst automatic qualifiers based on post season performance would be Memphis (10-3), NIU (11-3), and Georgia Southern (9-3). Those aren't juggernauts but they aren't crap teams either. Memphis was reasonably competitive with an Ole Miss team that beat the #1 seed in the playoffs. The disparity isn't as big as some want everyone to think. Most likely all the Gof5 teams would be out in the first round but you never know. Let them play the stinking games. After the 10 AQs, the P5 can include as many at large bids as their money grubbing hearts desire.

But it will never happen because the governing body of our sport is not who is actually running it. All of the Gof5 leadership has failed us. We need to draw a line in the sand. Let them call our bluff and kick us out if they want to. See how their fans react to losing their 7th and 8th home games every year because they can no longer schedule us. I know some will disagree with this because but our other option is to say nothing (from a leadership position) and hope they suddenly decide to include us on their own. Does anyone have any reason to believe that is going to happen?

been saying it for years now....

this isn't usfl vs nfl typo rhetoric.....

there are a' plento of advertising dollars en masse in zee land of gophers....
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 12:49 AM by stinkfist.)
01-01-2015 12:48 AM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

03-zzz

Ohio State won the Big 10. TCU didn't even win the shitey Big 12 outright. I do agree though that a Big 12 champ deserves to be in a playoff. So did Marshall, Northern IL, Boise, etc etc etc.....
01-01-2015 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

I also picked OSU over Bama. So far my New Years Six picks have only been off by 1. I had Arizona winning. Stupid Freshman QB
01-01-2015 05:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech

I agree about TCU. WOW!! What a performance.

Also, Florida State certainly looks like they don't belong in the playoffs now. FSU is losing big (52-20) and the 4th quarter just started.
01-01-2015 08:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.