NIU vs Marshall drew 2.25 Million, highest among MAC bowls

http://sportstvratings.com/navysan-diego...r-23-2014/

NIU vs BGSU drew 692k for the MACC, 3x less viewers than the bowl game

http://sportstvratings.com/texaskentucky...er-5-2014/

Some other notable games:

Bahamas Bowl (CMU) 1.5 million
Camellia Bowl (BGSU) 1.1 million
Potatoe Bowl (WMU) 1.5 million
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 01:06 AM by NIUSox10.)
12-30-2014 12:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Boca Raton Bowl TV Ratings
Our last 2 MACCs had over 1mil viewers each...actually I think last years had 2mil.

Our bowl game vs Utah St had over 3mil IIRC.
12-30-2014 09:29 AM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
so you're saying a lot of people watched us get our a$$es handed to us....
12-30-2014 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(12-30-2014 11:31 AM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  so you're saying a lot of people watched us get our a$$es handed to us....

At least is was a lot less than last year.
12-30-2014 11:47 AM
Advertisement

sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
Re: Boca Raton Bowl TV Ratings
That is a good rating considering only the east time zone had a lot of people home from work for the start of the game.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 04:35 PM by sarasotahuskie.)
12-30-2014 06:22 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
I know lots of people here hate having so many week day games on ESPN, but my brother, in Arizona, tells me that he has met numerous people who tell him they found out about NIU from watching the weekday games.

05-stirthepot
12-30-2014 08:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Boca Raton Bowl TV Ratings
(12-30-2014 08:02 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  I know lots of people here hate having so many week day games on ESPN, but my brother, in Arizona, tells me that he has met numerous people who tell him they found out about NIU from watching the weekday games.

05-stirthepot

I will give you that. The weeknight games are good for national marketing and for recruiting. But, they are terrible for the fans and donors who support the team, including financially.
12-30-2014 09:13 PM
Advertisement

Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U
(12-30-2014 09:13 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-30-2014 08:02 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  I know lots of people here hate having so many week day games on ESPN, but my brother, in Arizona, tells me that he has met numerous people who tell him they found out about NIU from watching the weekday games.

05-stirthepot

I will give you that. The weeknight games are good for national marketing and for recruiting. But, they are terrible for the fans and donors who support the team, including financially.

Several threads have focused on the critical need to increases fan support. Do these extensively viewed weeknight affairs increase or decrease said fan base?
12-30-2014 09:24 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-30-2014 09:24 PM)Flying Corn Wrote:  

05-stirthepot

Several threads have focused on the critical need to increases fan support. Do these extensively viewed weeknight affairs increase or decrease said fan base?

I feel that the weeknight games thwart the local fan base who would attend the games and buy season tickets.

I do not attend late season night games because I cannot take the cold (as well as work commitments). I'll give up one game, but the minute we have 2 or more weeknight games is when my season ticket commitment is re-assessed.
12-30-2014 09:57 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(12-30-2014 09:57 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

05-stirthepot

I feel that the weeknight games thwart the local fan base who would attend the games and buy season tickets.

I do not attend late season night games because I cannot take the cold (as well as work commitments). I'll give up one game, but the minute we have 2 or more weeknight games is when my season ticket commitment is re-assessed.

Get ready to re-assess. Good chance we'll have Ball State and RTB in DeKalb in November next year.
12-30-2014 10:02 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-30-2014 10:02 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  

05-stirthepot

Get ready to re-assess. Good chance we'll have Ball State and RTB in DeKalb in November next year.

That's fine with me. Rather than be a fan at Huskie Stadium, I'll be a fan in my living room. Wonder how many more season tickets we'd sell if those games are on a Saturday, particularly since those are our "marquee" MAC match ups?
12-30-2014 10:20 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(12-30-2014 10:20 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-30-2014 10:02 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  
(12-30-2014 09:13 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  I will give you that. The weeknight games are good for national marketing and for recruiting. But, they are terrible for the fans and donors who support the team, including financially.

That's fine with me. Rather than be a fan at Huskie Stadium, I'll be a fan in my living room. Wonder how many more season tickets we'd sell if those games are on a Saturday, particularly since those are our "marquee" MAC match ups?

Good question. With all the whining about cold weather, I'm not convinced it would make that big of a difference.

Doesn't matter anyway. The ESPN deal was extended this year. Expect November weeknight games for a LONG time.
12-30-2014 10:23 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
The number of Playoff Teams are probably going to be increasing in the near future, the overlord ESPN will really push for these games since they broke rating records.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releas...n-and-abc/
01-02-2015 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Enaiu Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Boca Raton Bowl TV Rating
(01-02-2015 02:46 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  The number of Playoff Teams are probably going to be increasing in the near future, the overlord ESPN will really push for these games since they broke rating records.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releas...n-and-abc/

As long as they figure out how to get WatchESPN to work, I'm all for it.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 04:53 PM by Enaiu.)
01-02-2015 04:52 PM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
They'll move it to 8 next year or in 2 years, which is what it should be. Take the 5 G5 conference champs and the next best 3. They should've done it from the start, but oh well.

This year it would've been as follows in the quarterfinals:
Alabama (1) vs. Michigan State (8)
Oregon (2) vs. Mississippi State (7)
Florida State (3) vs. TCU (6)
Ohio State (4) vs. Baylor (5)

Probably would've had the same matchups in the semis with the exception of TCU taking FSU's place.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 05:06 PM by BarsemaBone2.)
01-02-2015 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.