Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Playoff to expose weak BIG 10
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
Ohio State (& no other weak ass Northeast team) has no business being in this playoff and Tom Herman may not look such a great hire after the Buckeyes get demolished in the CFP playoff. Not including at least 1 Texas team (TCU or Baylor) makes this playoff a complete joke.
12-29-2014 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
RE: Playoff to expose weak BIG 10
Personally I think Ohio State deserves it, but not over TCU. FSU should be out if we are really doing the 4 best teams.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014 11:03 PM by DowdyPirate.)
12-29-2014 11:03 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Ohio State deserved it more than either of the Big 12 co-champs, who pussed out on a Championship Game.
12-29-2014 11:06 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Ohio State is not a "Northeast" team. Ohio is in the Midwest. It's more like Minnesota than Massachusetts.
12-29-2014 11:09 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(12-29-2014 11:03 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Personally I think Ohio State deserves it, but not over TCU. FSU should be out if we are really doing the 4 best teams.

And TCU deserves it, but not over Baylor. And you are right - no way is FSU better than either of them, but you can't leave out a team that hasn't lost a game in two years
12-29-2014 11:22 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
The B10 has been getting exposed in bowl games for years. I doubt this year is any different.
12-30-2014 09:13 AM
Advertisement

RobUCF Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(12-29-2014 11:22 PM)CalallenStang Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 11:03 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Personally I think Ohio State deserves it, but not over TCU. FSU should be out if we are really doing the 4 best teams.

And TCU deserves it, but not over Baylor. And you are right - no way is FSU better than either of them, but you can't leave out a team that hasn't lost a game in two years

Agreed, I have no issues with the teams that ended up in. FSU is probably the weakest of the group, but you can't leave the undefeated defending champions out.

As far as the B1G is concerned, while the OP is correct that the performance of Ohio State will weigh heavily on the perception of the conference, that is perhaps an unfair way to judge. After all, OSU is playing the top team in the nation in Alabama and I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama would blow out FSU as well. With a total of 10 teams in bowls, I think the performance of conference as a whole is more telling.
12-30-2014 09:28 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
I actually think that Ohio State will perform well in the game. Alabama may win, but I don't think it will be a blowout. The biggest question is the QB situation at OSU. If Jones plays well, then they'll have a great shot to win. If he chokes in the big stage (and only his 2nd ever start) then I think they'll lose by about 10.
12-30-2014 09:36 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
I actually think Ohio State will do pretty well.... and the Big 10 just got alot harder with Harbaugh going to Michigan. That conference is going to be rough at the top in a few years.
12-30-2014 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
The SEC should have gotten 3 teams in.
12-30-2014 09:41 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(12-29-2014 11:00 PM)willhclark Wrote:  Ohio State (& no other weak ass Northeast team) has no business being in this playoff and Tom Herman may not look such a great hire after the Buckeyes get demolished in the CFP playoff. Not including at least 1 Texas team (TCU or Baylor) makes this playoff a complete joke.

I don't think I've ever neg'ed a Coog before, but I'm tempted to with this one. To be so presumptuous about the Herman hire to boil it entirely down to how tOSU does in the playoffs is just so incredibly dumb.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 11:45 AM by Kronke.)
12-30-2014 11:44 AM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
I am rooting for Ohio State. I like the Urban Meyer story line.
12-30-2014 11:46 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(12-30-2014 11:44 AM)Kronke Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 11:00 PM)willhclark Wrote:  Ohio State (& no other weak ass Northeast team) has no business being in this playoff and Tom Herman may not look such a great hire after the Buckeyes get demolished in the CFP playoff. Not including at least 1 Texas team (TCU or Baylor) makes this playoff a complete joke.

I don't think I've ever neg'ed a Coog before, but I'm tempted to with this one. To be so presumptuous about the Herman hire to boil it entirely down to how tOSU does in the playoffs is just so incredibly dumb.

True. And obviously he has done a good job of developing QBs if they can be on their 3rd string guy and still look as good as they did in the B1G championship game.
12-30-2014 11:48 AM
Danger in Carolina Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU & AAC & MWC
I think Ohio State deserved to be in. I'd be very surprised if its a blow-out either way.

I'm not sure I would say that B1G has been exposed as weak so far in Bowls so far either, quite the contrary. As far as the P5 go, I've been more surprised by the weak performance of the Big12 and maybe the ACC.
12-30-2014 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
It's going to be a slaughter.
12-30-2014 12:02 PM
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
(12-30-2014 11:44 AM)Kronke Wrote:  

i do think Tom Herman is a good hire but don't expect his offense to look good in this bowl game against a better SEC team. My point is that football outside of Texas and the south really stinks and so schools in the northeast and midwest have no business playing and would not be if not for the money generated by ratings becaose some people still in those God foresaken parts of the country.
12-30-2014 12:10 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(12-30-2014 12:10 PM)willhclark Wrote:  i do think Tom Herman is a good hire but don't expect his offense to look good in this bowl game against a better SEC team. My point is that football outside of Texas and the south really stinks and so schools in the northeast and midwest have no business playing and would not be if not for the money generated by ratings becaose some people still in those God foresaken parts of the country.

You are insane. Things are cyclical. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, etc., will all be national powers again. Just because they've been down in recent years doesn't mean they won't all be back eventually.

On a side note, I have been in Hawaii for work and I can 100% tell you that I would NEVER live there. How's that for godforsaken?
12-30-2014 12:45 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
Which is why we will see the 6-team or 8-team playoff sooner rather than later. Imagine what Delaney would be screaming right now if TCU or Baylor had made the CFP over Ohio St.?

IMO, 8-teams is a great model because you can include both the best teams and the most deserving (with obvious overlap).

2014 best? Alabama, Oregon, TCU, Baylor?
2015 most deserving? Alabama, Oregon, Florida St., Ohio St.?

Fill in with Michigan St. and Mississippi St. and you're all set.
12-30-2014 12:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Bad break for OSU losing their QB. Alabama will probably handle them as they would TCU or Baylor, just like UCF handled Baylor last year.
12-30-2014 12:56 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(12-30-2014 12:45 PM)mlb Wrote:  
(12-30-2014 12:10 PM)willhclark Wrote:  i do think Tom Herman is a good hire but don't expect his offense to look good in this bowl game against a better SEC team. My point is that football outside of Texas and the south really stinks and so schools in the northeast and midwest have no business playing and would not be if not for the money generated by ratings becaose some people still in those God foresaken parts of the country.

You are insane. Things are cyclical. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, etc., will all be national powers again. Just because they've been down in recent years doesn't mean they won't all be back eventually.

On a side note, I have been in Hawaii for work and I can 100% tell you that I would NEVER live there. How's that for godforsaken?

I'm not sure they will ever be back. Their states are declining in population, the kids don't want to play in the cold, the SEC's dominance doesn't seem to be waning, and even last year, a Florida team won the NC.
12-30-2014 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.