Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nathan Boothe
Bookmark and Share
adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Nathan Boothe
He is going to make or break the season for this team. He's killing them with foul trouble in every game right now . We can sit here and talk about the questionable calls, but after it happens in EVERY game he needs to find a way to adjust and stay on the floor. Never in the rhythm of the game because he's spending most of the time on the bench.

Playing down a man every night is killing us.
12-29-2014 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
RE: Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 09:08 PM)adunifon Wrote:  He is going to make or break the season for this team. He's killing them with foul trouble in every game right now . We can sit here and talk about the questionable calls, but after it happens in EVERY game he needs to find a way to adjust and stay on the floor. Never in the rhythm of the game because he's spending most of the time on the bench.

There's nothing he can do when refs call BS fouls on him every single game. I think it was the VCU game where the ESPN guys were saying that he's so athletic that the refs think he fouls because he's in such good position.
12-29-2014 09:11 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 09:11 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:08 PM)adunifon Wrote:  He is going to make or break the season for this team. He's killing them with foul trouble in every game right now . We can sit here and talk about the questionable calls, but after it happens in EVERY game he needs to find a way to adjust and stay on the floor. Never in the rhythm of the game because he's spending most of the time on the bench.

There's nothing he can do when refs call BS fouls on him every single game. I think it was the VCU game where the ESPN guys were saying that he's so athletic that the refs think he fouls because he's in such good position.

If it happens in every game at some point HE has to adjust. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Or something like that.
12-29-2014 09:14 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-29-2014 09:14 PM)adunifon Wrote:  

If it happens in every game at some point HE has to adjust. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Or something like that.

So he should just become a bad defender? Should he just let guys go bye? Grab them everytime?
12-29-2014 09:15 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Pretty sure he's in the "contributing WAY more than expected" category. Even his personal bio is more about his family them him. He's a perimeter player called to play the post.

Call out the coaches for not recruiting more at center but why call out a kid who has played way above expectations?

You think he has more in him at center? Hope you're right.
12-29-2014 09:15 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 09:15 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Pretty sure he's in the "contributing WAY more than expected" category. Even his personal bio is more about his family them him. He's a perimeter player called to play the post.

Call out the coaches for not recruiting more at center but why call out a kid who has played way above expectations?

This has everything to do with staying out of foul trouble so he can contribute to the game.

You're acting like I'm viciously attacking him as a person. My god, you're a moron most of the time.
12-29-2014 09:18 PM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 09:15 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:14 PM)adunifon Wrote:  

So he should just become a bad defender? Should he just let guys go bye? Grab them everytime?

Needs to find a way to adjust. Coaches need to figure it out too. Need him too much on offense to lose him to foul trouble every game.

It will make or break if this team gets it done in cleveland in March.
12-29-2014 09:19 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(12-29-2014 09:15 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Call out the coaches for not recruiting more at center but why call out a kid who has played way above expectations?

+1
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014 09:23 PM by inductchuck16.)
12-29-2014 09:21 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(12-29-2014 09:21 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:15 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Call out the coaches for not recruiting more at center but why call out a kid who has played way above expectations?

+1

Agreed. Boothe is very talented at the high post facing the basket on offense, and could probably do a good job defending outside the key...but he has to play low post on defense and part of every offensive possession because we don't have other options. I think Boothe is doing what he can with the physical ability and talent he has available.
12-29-2014 09:29 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Booths is really talented, and a quality young man from what I've seen. What you are seeing here is every intelligent coaches goal #1. An aggressive inside game puts the Center at risk - everytime. I wish Toledo would have been as successful at the same approach tonight.
12-29-2014 09:41 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 09:41 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Booths is really talented, and a quality young man from what I've seen. What you are seeing here is every intelligent coaches goal #1. An aggressive inside game puts the Center at risk - everytime. I wish Toledo would have been as successful at the same approach tonight.

I don't understand why we never can adjust to this. Game after game. We lose so much on the offensive end with him on the bench.
12-29-2014 09:42 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2014 09:18 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:15 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Pretty sure he's in the "contributing WAY more than expected" category. Even his personal bio is more about his family them him. He's a perimeter player called to play the post.

This has everything to do with staying out of foul trouble so he can contribute to the game.

You're acting like I'm viciously attacking him as a person. My god, you're a moron most of the time.

Seriously? Maybe you're taking different POVs just a bit too personally? You sit behind a keyboard putting the entire season on the back of one player, one kid. It's not like he's playing on your playstation set at "easy." There are actually people opposing him, maybe just a tad more naturally talented? You know, like the ones that get recruited to Duke?

He's playing out of position, kind of like you at a computer. Give him a break. He's not lazy. He works hard. Has a great reputation as a person. Just because you've invested your life in the wins and losses of the team doesn't mean you should cyber punch players if the team loses but still, your business if you want to play the bully. Just expect a bit of likewise opposition.

You like to call people "moron." You want to see one in person, look in the mirror. You're putting too much on one player who wasn't even meant to be key.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014 10:09 PM by eastisbest.)
12-29-2014 10:08 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 10:08 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:18 PM)adunifon Wrote:  

Seriously? Maybe you're taking different POVs just a bit too personally? You sit behind a keyboard putting the entire season on the back of one player, one kid. It's not like he's playing on your playstation set at "easy." There are actually people opposing him, maybe just a tad more naturally talented? You know, like the ones that get recruited to Duke?

He's playing out of position, kind of like you at a computer. Give him a break. He's not lazy. He works hard. Has a great reputation as a person. Just because you've invested your life in the wins and losses of the team doesn't mean you should cyber punch players if the team loses but still, your business if you want to play the bully. Just expect a bit of likewise opposition.

You like to call people "moron." You want to see one in person, look in the mirror. You're putting too much on one player who wasn't even meant to be key.

Whatever. He's the key to the season. He stays on the floor we are much more dynamic. You can call that ragging on the kid if you want, but it's not. Think what you want.
12-29-2014 10:12 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2014 09:42 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:41 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Booths is really talented, and a quality young man from what I've seen. What you are seeing here is every intelligent coaches goal #1. An aggressive inside game puts the Center at risk - everytime. I wish Toledo would have been as successful at the same approach tonight.

I don't understand why we never can adjust to this. Game after game. We lose so much on the offensive end with him on the bench.

I don't know, what you've played or not? Or have you been on a D1 court? Do you have any understanding of how fast the game moves when you're not viewing it from the stands or the tv? Have you had to adjust on the fly to competition that is adjusting to your adjusting?

I don't see why you think it's just a matter of saying, "let's adjust?"
12-29-2014 10:19 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 10:19 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:42 PM)adunifon Wrote:  

I don't know, what you've played or not? Or have you been on a D1 court? Do you have any understanding of how fast the game moves when you're not viewing it from the stands or the tv? Have you had to adjust on the fly to competition that is adjusting to your adjusting?

I don't see why you think it's just a matter of saying, "let's adjust?"

What's your suggestion? Keep doing the same thing? Have to find a way to keep someone out of foul trouble and on the floor.

Everyone has to make adjustments in any job. Doesn't always seem "fair" -- might seem like all the calls go against you -- but you have to find a way to, in this case, stay on the floor. Far too valuable to be on the bench 5 minutes into the first half each night.
12-29-2014 10:21 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
It seems to me he has done much better at avoiding fouls this year. 34 going into tonigh and several games where he hasn't fouled until deep into the first half, sometimes second. He'll always struggle against quick, athletic bigs but there aren't many of those in the MAC since Whittington left. He'll be fine in conference play.
12-29-2014 10:30 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
honestly, i've yet to see boothe clearly commit a foul this season. never seen a player have such a hard time with refs.
12-29-2014 10:31 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2014 10:21 PM)adunifon Wrote:  What's your suggestion? Keep doing the same thing? Have to find a way to keep someone out of foul trouble and on the floor.

Everyone has to make adjustments in any job. Doesn't always seem "fair" -- might seem like all the calls go against you -- but you have to find a way to, in this case, stay on the floor. Far too valuable to be on the bench 5 minutes into the first half each night.

Most "jobs" are not real time competitive and the ones that are, winners one moment are losers the next. You're comparing apples and oranges. This isn't just a matter of "adjusting." Toledo "adjusts." Boothe "adjusts." They learn. The other teams adjust and learn too.

If what you're asking were even possible, then you'd solve all your real life issues, be rich and the kids rich with no health issues at all, by "adjusting." 04-chairshot

What's YOUR suggestion? To sit here and say, "get fewer fouls" as if there's no one playing against you?

(12-29-2014 10:12 PM)adunifon Wrote:  Whatever. He's the key to the season. He stays on the floor we are much more dynamic. You can call that ragging on the kid if you want, but it's not. Think what you want.

We're not "dynamic" if he's not doing anything, in order to avoid fouls. You want him useless on D so that he can score at the other end? He'll give up way more than he makes.

According to your reasoning, there is certainly something wrong with the recruiting when the key to the season is a kid who was recruited basically because he was big. I don't recall he was on anyone's recruit lists. Now he's playing against Duke. We're sitting at keyboards.

He wins.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014 10:40 PM by eastisbest.)
12-29-2014 10:33 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Nathan Boothe
(12-29-2014 10:31 PM)pono Wrote:  honestly, i've yet to see boothe clearly commit a foul this season. never seen a player have such a hard time with refs.

I don't disagree that some of the calls look weak -- but they keep happening. Why??
12-29-2014 10:36 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2014 10:36 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 10:31 PM)pono Wrote:  honestly, i've yet to see boothe clearly commit a foul this season. never seen a player have such a hard time with refs.

I don't disagree that some of the calls look weak -- but they keep happening. Why??

Has the coach commented on reasons?
12-29-2014 10:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.