Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is with the crazy coaching decisions
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
What is with the crazy coaching decisions
I've seen some really dumb ones this bowl season. In the SDSU/Navy game SDSU is up two and have 4th down inside Navy's 20 with time running out. Do they kick the FG, go up 5 and force Navy to score a TD? No, they go for it and fail which lets Navy win with a FG.

Then tonight Nebraska is down 11. They score and go for 2 to cut it to a 3 point deficit. the D holds and they get the ball, drive down to FG range and end up 4th and medium. Do the kick the FG and carry momentum into OT? No, they go for it and turn the ball over. Why go for 2 if you won't kick a field goal?
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014 05:47 PM by JDTulane.)
12-28-2014 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

quintas Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
What is with the crazy coaching decisions?
Combine that with all the 4th quarter rallies and you can see the ESPN game scrip being well executed.
12-28-2014 09:30 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: What is with the crazy coaching decisions?
Tuberville has had a couple of crazy ones that he got away with and nothing can top Ruff's stupid call in the UCF game.
12-28-2014 10:15 AM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU, AAC
(12-28-2014 10:15 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Tuberville has had a couple of crazy ones that he got away with and nothing can top Ruff's stupid call in the UCF game.

That was Lincoln Riley that called that! If you're gonna play the blame game you gotta at least blame the right person. Don't be a know it all if you don't know what you're talking about! Just Sayin!
12-28-2014 11:01 AM
Advertisement

fv pirate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ECU
Lincoln may of made the call, but the buck stops with Ruffin he should of stepped in

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
12-28-2014 11:13 AM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
I'll never understand why coaches make stupid calls that some drunk guy sitting in a bar would not make.
12-28-2014 12:54 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(12-28-2014 12:29 AM)Nevadanatural Wrote:  I've seen some really dumb ones this bowl season. In the SDSU/Navy game SDSU is up two and have 4th down inside Navy's 20 with time running out. Do they kick the FG, go up 5 and force Navy to score a TD? No, they go for it and fail which lets Navy win with a FG.

Then tonight Nebraska is down 11. They score and go for 2 to cut it to a 3 point deficit. the D holds and they get the ball, drive down to FG range and end up 4th and medium. Do the kick the FG and carry momentum into OT? No, they go for it and turn the ball over. Why go for 2 if you won't kick a field goal?

Believe you are incorrect...as Nebraska faced a 3rd and 8 from the 13 yd line with about a min to go, not 4th down...as the Huskers rightfully went for the 1st down and potential win on 3rd down...but QB threw an INT...game over.
12-28-2014 01:00 PM
Advertisement

Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
I'm not sure which game you were watching but there was no interception to end that game. Nebraska had three possessions at the end of the game. Possession 1 they scored, made the two-point conversion bringing the deficit to 3 points. Posession 2 they drove down inside the 30 and went for it on 4th and medium to turn the ball over. Possession 3 ended when they had 1 second on the clock and the QB threw a Hail Mary that was knocked down at the 2.
12-28-2014 03:13 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
They weren't inside the 30. It would have been a 48 yard FG and their freshman kicker had a season long of 44 yards. That's why they went for it.
12-28-2014 03:51 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(12-28-2014 11:13 AM)fv pirate Wrote:  Lincoln may of made the call, but the buck stops with Ruffin he should of stepped in

If Reily is the one making the decisions about going for FGs or not...Then Ruff is not doing his job.

There was only one logical call...run the damn ball and center up a FG to go up by 7. Even if you miss...they would only have had one play and no one I know can throw the damn ball 85 yards in the air.
12-28-2014 03:54 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(12-28-2014 11:13 AM)fv pirate Wrote:  Lincoln may of made the call, but the buck stops with Ruffin he should of stepped in

What good is it to have a HC if he allows the OC to make the critical decisions with the game on the line? He might as well go get in the car and go home. That IS and alway WILL BE...the HC's job...right or wrong.07-coffee3
12-28-2014 03:59 PM
fv pirate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ECU
Agreed

12-28-2014 05:46 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
RE: What is with the crazy coaching decisions
Bronco Mendenhall tried to ice the Memphis kicker...called a TO.
To ice AN EXTRA POINT.
Then called another to try and ice a field goal.
Ok it was a long field goal...but one the young man could make in his sleep.
Our next kicker who will go on to the NFL...
12-28-2014 08:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.