Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

List your 10 favorite (not best) AAC coaches in all sports
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
List your 10 favorite (not best) AAC coaches in all sports
Between basketball and football, I am very, very, pleased at the coaching talent in this conference. We have a good mix of GREAT veteran coaches (Larry Brown, G. O'Leary, etc) along with very impressive young coaches (Fuente, Ollie, etc). That said, what coaches are you guys fans of? Here are the 10 AAC coaches that I enjoy keeping up with (All-Sports).

1. Larry Brown - Arguably the G.O.A.T.
2. Fran Dunphy - He just embodies Philly to me. The win against Kansas is a statement for the Owls future.
3. George O'Leary - SOLID. Program builder.
4. Ruffin McNeill - He has such a big persona. He gives the AAC a special personality. You want to root for the man.
5. Kevin Ollie - Has a great start on a legendary career
6. Geno Auriemma - Legend
7. Todd Whitting - VERY impressive Coog run last year.
8. David Pierce - Excited and intrigued to see what he will do with Tulane baseball (one of our cornerstone baseball programs)
9. Justin Fuente - The West just got way more competitive with the hiring of 3 young bucks (Morris/SMU, Montgomery/Tulsa, Herman/UH), and NAVY. I am very intrigued to see how Fuente responds to the challenge.
10. Lincoln Riley, OC ECU - I am a big fan of ECU's coaching staff. They did a masterful job developing Carden and Hardy. I'm intrigued to see what they will do with the recruiting advantages of playing in the AAC and being on TV more often. Putting their clock management problems in the UCF game aside, I think Riley has a special career ahead of him. As an AAC fan, it'll be fun to watch.

I hated to use my #10 on a coordinator because the AAC is stocked with HC talent. However, this is a 'favorite list' and I think we have a lot of great stories ahead of us in AAC venues.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014 03:17 PM by BigEastHomer.)
12-26-2014 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.