Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn-Duke basketball game beat every AAC football TV rating of the year except one
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
UConn-Duke basketball game beat every AAC football TV rating of the year except one
1.75 million viewers watched UConn play Duke in Brooklyn. A meaningless early season game.

It looks like that that figure tops every AAC football game played in 2014, except ECU-Virginia Tech, which had 2.6 million viewers.

This is pretty remarkable.

Maybe UConn does have a national brand that some might seek to monetize.
12-24-2014 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: UConn-Duke basketball game beat every AAC football TV rating of the year except one
Duke drove those ratings. UConn was complimentary.
12-24-2014 12:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Danger in Carolina Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU & AAC & MWC
Not to take anything away from UConn, but how does the larger and already established national Duke brand have nothing to do with that rating?
12-24-2014 12:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

RE: UConn-Duke basketball game beat every AAC football TV rating of the year except one
I very much doubt that Duke carried the ratings by themselves. UConn commands a lot of eyes.

If you doubt this:

The UConn-Notre Dame WOMEN'S basketball game played two saturdays ago outranked 85% of all AAC football games played in 2014 with 680,000 viewers...
12-24-2014 12:47 AM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(12-24-2014 12:31 AM)Danger in Carolina Wrote:  Not to take anything away from UConn, but how does the larger and already established national Duke brand have nothing to do with that rating?

It's just a 'Cuse fan jealous of the champs!

4>1
12-24-2014 01:07 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-24-2014 01:07 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(12-24-2014 12:31 AM)Danger in Carolina Wrote:  Not to take anything away from UConn, but how does the larger and already established national Duke brand have nothing to do with that rating?

4>1

Danger in Carolina is a Cuse fan?
12-24-2014 01:26 AM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(12-24-2014 12:30 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Duke drove those ratings. UConn was complimentary.

Both schools have four NC's, but UConn's have been more recent ... including one just eight months ago.

But I'm sure 99% of those that watched were wearing Duke merchandise.
12-24-2014 01:38 AM
CoogNellie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
It's hilarious how jealous Syracuse fans are of UConn.

I can't blame them, UConn is a superior basketball program.
12-24-2014 01:57 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(12-24-2014 01:26 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(12-24-2014 01:07 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

4>1

Danger in Carolina is a Cuse fan?

We're everywhere. That's why UF won't leave Florida. We're watching...
12-24-2014 03:00 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(12-24-2014 01:57 AM)CoogNellie Wrote:  It's hilarious how jealous Syracuse fans are of UConn.

Yuppers. If only we could be in their position.
12-24-2014 03:06 AM
CoogNellie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
(12-24-2014 03:06 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(12-24-2014 01:57 AM)CoogNellie Wrote:  It's hilarious how jealous Syracuse fans are of UConn.

4>1
12-24-2014 03:27 AM
Advertisement

BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I get that the Syracuse/UConn rivalry is a big deal, but the incredible amount of sniping that pops up is quite unsettling.

One of the surest ways to inflate this sniping is to point out to Syracuse fans that UConn's students have higher SAT's and a higher high school class rank upon entrance UConn students are smarter. And another thing, UConn has to admit students from diverse backgrounds that come from its urban areas, like Hartford, New Haven, etc. And even with this mission statement, Uconn's SAT's are still higher! Even at the lowest 25% of enrollees!!!

That gives a little color to the Syracuse jealousy/hatred/belittlement. Once upon a time Syracuse was the much "better" school. So much has changed!!!
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2014 03:37 AM by BE4evah.)
12-24-2014 03:36 AM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
It was a perfect storm. 2 very good programs. Duke has a large following in the NYC area. They regularly schedule games in the Meadowlands for this reason. Uconn has name recognition in NYC (yes I said it) and is ~2.5 hour drive.
12-24-2014 08:18 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
No doubt Uconn BB is a huge asset. You do a match up with Duke who without a doubt is a top 5 draw you are bound to get viewers.
12-24-2014 08:27 AM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
The game was in NJ, not Brooklyn.

Mark, your response screams of petty pathetic jealousy.
12-24-2014 09:16 AM
rallen Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-24-2014 09:16 AM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  The game was in NJ, not Brooklyn.

Mark, your response screams of petty pathetic jealousy.

Can you blame him after the year Syracuse had in football and is now having in basketball, while UCONN is the current reigning basketball champion?
12-24-2014 09:21 AM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(12-24-2014 03:27 AM)CoogNellie Wrote:  
(12-24-2014 03:06 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  

4>1

*at least get the numbers right. It's 4>3.
12-24-2014 10:33 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(12-24-2014 03:36 AM)BE4evah Wrote:  I get that the Syracuse/UConn rivalry is a big deal, but the incredible amount of sniping that pops up is quite unsettling.

One of the surest ways to inflate this sniping is to point out to Syracuse fans that UConn's students have higher SAT's and a higher high school class rank upon entrance UConn students are smarter. And another thing, UConn has to admit students from diverse backgrounds that come from its urban areas, like Hartford, New Haven, etc. And even with this mission statement, Uconn's SAT's are still higher! Even at the lowest 25% of enrollees!!!

That gives a little color to the Syracuse jealousy/hatred/belittlement. Once upon a time Syracuse was the much "better" school. So much has changed!!!

The irony of a UCONN fan talking trash about academics is thick. Syracuse has a higher ranking. Sometimes it's not where you start. It's where you finish. Contrary to what you're trying to imply, SU has recently had a substantially bigger diversity push than UCONN. We recruit out of cities, too 03-wink
12-24-2014 10:40 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(12-24-2014 08:18 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  It was a perfect storm. 2 very good programs. Duke has a large following in the NYC area. They regularly schedule games in the Meadowlands for this reason. Uconn has name recognition in NYC (yes I said it) and is ~2.5 hour drive.

No doubt. UConn T-shirt fans are next to unbearable (especially the ones who are doing it out of a misplaced sense of conference pride and genuinely have no idea what they're talking about), but UConn does field excellent teams and enjoys very strong fan support. I'm sure Duke played a big role in this game's success, but UConn v any good team is going to get ratings. I know I miss being in a basketball conference with them and it's a shame we don't play every year.

SU, GU, UConn, and VU should play each other every year, with regular games against Street John's 03-razz
12-24-2014 10:45 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(12-24-2014 10:40 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(12-24-2014 03:36 AM)BE4evah Wrote:  I get that the Syracuse/UConn rivalry is a big deal, but the incredible amount of sniping that pops up is quite unsettling.

The irony of a UCONN fan talking trash about academics is thick. Syracuse has a higher ranking. Sometimes it's not where you start. It's where you finish. Contrary to what you're trying to imply, SU has recently had a substantially bigger diversity push than UCONN. We recruit out of cities, too 03-wink

He's not a UCONN fan. His school is a current member of the Big East.

BE4evah either starts threads to troll UCONN/the AAC or to bait others into trolling UCONN/the AAC for him.

Success yet again... 07-coffee3
12-24-2014 10:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.