Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Upon further review
Bookmark and Share
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Upon further review
Missed most of the 4th and the 1st OT because someone who was supposed to have a ride suddenly didn't. Just finished watching the edited 2 hour replay. I cannot begin to say how lucky we got in that OT. We got at least three big breaks that we normally in the past don't get.

That ball in the first OT on third down just barely did slip off his shoulder pad and hit the ground. If he had rolled the other direction it may have stayed on the shoulder pad or maybe he could have secured it.

Our first play the fumble bounced perfectly for us to recover.

The officials giving BYU that time out on the first FG attempt.

Something i really loved was that **** eating grin the BYU player had on his face when Elliot lined up for that 55 yard FG. How it turned quickly as the FG went through. Never had seen a FG that long which was so high as it crossed over the bar. That wall looked like it was another 10 yards past the goal post and it cleared it easily.

Then again BYU got a little lucky also. The WR threw his helmet down when the review upheld the incomplete call. Could have easily been called for unsportsmanlike.
12-23-2014 06:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Upon further review
Danny Kannell said the kick would've been good from 60 yards.
12-23-2014 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

BYU benefited all game from the horrendous officiating from CUSA. The announcers pretty much said the same.

On one of their 4th QTR TD's, the RB knee clearly hits the ground at the 3, yet no replay official sees it. Not to mention the numerous holding/PI on BYU, 2 which resulted in turn overs. You can't grab a guys jersey while the ball is in the air in any league. Except maybe CUSA.
12-23-2014 09:01 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(12-23-2014 09:01 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  BYU benefited all game from the horrendous officiating from CUSA. The announcers pretty much said the same.

On one of their 4th QTR TD's, the RB knee clearly hits the ground at the 3, yet no replay official sees it. Not to mention the numerous holding/PI on BYU, 2 which resulted in turn overs. You can't grab a guys jersey while the ball is in the air in any league. Except maybe CUSA.

The overturning the PI on the int was ridiculous. Glad i missed the live broadcast for the 4th. Looking at the last play in regulation i am surprised as hell they did not make the call against us. Wasn't any PI but that hasn't stopped them in years past.

The TD which was called back was "technically" the right call, but they could call that on almost every play but normally do not.
12-23-2014 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

That phantom tipped ball was another. Go to the tape, guys! Get it right.

Plus, the BS call for holding that brought back Brandon Hayes' 60-yard TD (and 1,000-yard season)!
12-23-2014 09:11 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(12-23-2014 09:01 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  BYU benefited all game from the horrendous officiating from CUSA. The announcers pretty much said the same.

And the replay booth just let it go... That is one of the more baffling calls I have seen in sports in a long time.

Memphis players showed great heart and mental fortitude. There were several times, some after bad calls and some after bad turnovers, that the team could have quit, however, they stuck together kept believing and never gave up. Really a fantastic win!
12-23-2014 09:12 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(12-23-2014 08:36 AM)holyterror Wrote:  Danny Kannell said the kick would've been good from 60 yards.

That estimate is way low. 65 minimum. 70 is even possible. The ball sailed high through the uprights, and nailed the pads behind the uprights high and with a lot of force.
12-23-2014 09:16 AM
SmokyTiger Offline
Special Teams

What about the holding call on the 60 yard touchdown? Pure BS! Not saying he wasn't holding but just not enough to make that call. Linemen hold on almost every play, sometimes it's worse than others. I don't think it had any bearing on the play.
12-23-2014 09:20 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

If you look at the final play replay from behind the offense, you can clearly see a horsecollar hold by the o-line on one of our guys.

And I cant believe there was no replay on BYU's TD that clearly wasnt a TD. That wasnt even close.
12-23-2014 09:39 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(12-23-2014 09:16 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(12-23-2014 08:36 AM)holyterror Wrote:  Danny Kannell said the kick would've been good from 60 yards.

That estimate is way low. 65 minimum. 70 is even possible. The ball sailed high through the uprights, and nailed the pads behind the uprights high and with a lot of force.

Cleared the fence behind the goal, so 65 was certainly a minimum. Never seen a 55 yard FG leave the playing field before.
12-23-2014 09:52 AM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

Maybe that's why the CUSA officials being used for yesterdays game didn't call it? I assume you are referring to the "tipped" interception that the guy tipped to himself?
12-23-2014 09:55 AM
Advertisement

TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
All of the breaks went BYU's way at first:

-Elliot kick hitting the crossbar
-Numerous bad snaps recovered by BYU, including one at the goal line.
-The phantom tipped pass.
-The player being down at the three yard line but given credit for a score.
-The hold on the long touchdown run that would have put the game away.

Memphis was superior in every fashion. BYU was lucky to be in the game.
12-23-2014 10:31 AM
madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

The holding call was fine.

The PI that was waved off wasn't the correct call anyway...should have been defensive holding- which doesn't matter if its tipped or not.
12-23-2014 10:36 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

Proud of the way the Tigers fought through adversity, most of it self inflicted, and found a way to finish the game. Many, many teams would have collapsed after that final pick Paxton threw. But a credit to the coaching staff and team for not panicking like I did and holding their composure. Until after the game....:)
TylerTiger Offline
The Fountainhead

BYU practically got away with a pass interference on Malone on that redzone trip that tied the game. The only thing that made it fine was Malone catching the pass to give us a 1st down....but they didn't throw the flag and if he had not caught it, I would have drown down to Miami to put my foot in the ref's collective asses.
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(12-23-2014 10:36 AM)madtiger Wrote:  The holding call was fine.

The PI that was waved off wasn't the correct call anyway...should have been defensive holding- which doesn't matter if its tipped or not.

yep
Advertisement

40kel Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers!
(12-23-2014 09:16 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

And that is how you kick the s**t out of a ball!
12-23-2014 10:39 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

To look at him, Jake doesn't look like he'd be able to kick a cat. Skinny arms, and all.

But my gosh, that leg!
12-23-2014 10:48 AM
jammaster Offline
Hooptie Ride

I Root For: Tigers/Cowboys
Agreed, the 55 yard field goal would have been good from at least 65. For him to make that kick after shanking the first attempt badly (when BYU got the timeout) was incredible. Will go down as one of the biggest plays in Tiger football history.
12-23-2014 11:06 AM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.

Ahhh but you see Dave "The Animal" Woloshin said it would have been good from sixty-five yards.

Now who are you going to believe?!?!?!
04-rock04-cheers
12-23-2014 11:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.