Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VA
Bookmark and Share
Dukes84 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
VA
Beat a good Harvard team, 76-27 tonight.
12-22-2014 01:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: VA
Virginia is for real. Great defensive squad with great effort every night. They are a basketball purist' delight to watch. They will ultimately lose a game or two, but should go deep in March Madness.
12-22-2014 08:07 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
I agree- legit top 5 team- will be interested to see how they perform against Duke UNC and Louisville. The ACC could have multiple Final Four teams this year.
12-22-2014 08:44 AM
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

i've watched them a couple times this year. a pure basketball TEAM. there is no "I" on that floor.

in the VCU game, they led most of the way and then VCU came back and hit about 3 three's in a one minute span to make it I believe a 2 or 3 point game and the crowd was going absolutely nuts.

Bennett called a time out, the team calmly huddled, came back out and put on a very San Antonio Spurs like clinic on sharing the ball, playing defense and not panicking. They went on a 16-0 run and buried VCU.

was about as impressive a display as you'll see from a college basketball team under adversity.
12-22-2014 09:25 AM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
VA
(12-22-2014 08:07 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Virginia is for real. Great defensive squad with great effort every night. They are a basketball purist' delight to watch. They will ultimately lose a game or two, but should go deep in March Madness.

As good as both teams are, I feel that UVA is the anti-Kentucky. Great individuals vs great team bball. Would love to see that match up.
12-22-2014 09:26 AM
Advertisement

JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
The Bennet's can flat out coach. Dick put Wisconsin-Green Bay on the map and Wisconsin hadn't been relevant for over 20 years until he took over.
12-22-2014 09:52 AM
DBJMU2006 Offline
1st String

I think I mentioned in the offseason, but if we lose Brady for whatever reason I think we absolutely need someone from the Bennett coaching tree. I could see W&M making a run at a Bennett assistant whenever their coach retires. There is still a place for fundamental/ defensive minded basketball and not just AAU 1 vs. 1 ball.
12-22-2014 11:12 AM
Advertisement

Dukes84 Offline
All American

Gamer doesn't currently reflect the Harvard game, but has VA going 29-1 on the season. Harvard, believe it or not, had an RPI of 25 per that same site.
12-22-2014 01:38 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Re: VA
I don't see that happening because the ACC is a meat grinder. That is the beauty of the larger conference membership. Everybody can't win. Some of the premier bball programs will take it on the chin in conference play.
12-22-2014 02:11 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(12-22-2014 09:26 AM)HolyCityDuke Wrote:  
(12-22-2014 08:07 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Virginia is for real. Great defensive squad with great effort every night. They are a basketball purist' delight to watch. They will ultimately lose a game or two, but should go deep in March Madness.

As good as both teams are, I feel that UVA is the anti-Kentucky. Great individuals vs great team bball. Would love to see that match up.

That's pretty much the Florida/Kentucky basketball rivalry every year. Dbag Calipari takes a shot at Florida about it every once in a while, saying things like that when you get the best players in the country every year you don't need them to stay four years like Florida. I'll take Billy B-Ball all day every day.
12-24-2014 01:36 AM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
VA
(12-24-2014 01:36 AM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(12-22-2014 09:26 AM)HolyCityDuke Wrote:  

That's pretty much the Florida/Kentucky basketball rivalry every year. Dbag Calipari takes a shot at Florida about it every once in a while, saying things like that when you get the best players in the country every year you don't need them to stay four years like Florida. I'll take Billy B-Ball all day every day.

I also think Calipari will be under NCAA investigation soon. He has to be doing something illegal in recruit, above what's typical for the big schools.
12-24-2014 09:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.