Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
FSU clears winston
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
FSU clears winston
FSU clears Jameis Winston in code of conduct case http://bit.ly/13sFSwe via @ProFootballTalk

and:

Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 17m 17 minutes ago
Jameis Winston has won FSU disciplinary hearing. Judge Harding didn't find Winston or accuser more believable. Toss up = a win for Winston.
12-21-2014 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
RE: FSU clears winston
The end of the latest chapter of Winsghazi.
12-21-2014 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user
Minutemen429 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UMass
Cash is more important than rape
12-21-2014 05:54 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

So is anybody really surprised? Hey, its home field advantage or home court advantage (pun intended)! 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 06:29 PM by Wilkie01.)
12-21-2014 06:01 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

(12-21-2014 05:54 PM)Minutemen429 Wrote:  Cash is more important than rape

The thing is, no matter how badly it may have been handled, when the police department doesn't even have enough evidence to file charges, what else could the outcome be?

I am not a winston or FSU fan, but all of the people just assuming he is guilty because of an accusation shows a lot to what's wrong with media. When the chick who claims to have been raped is seen at FSU games, cheering on FSU, and wearing a winston jersey, the week after the allegations became public, there needs to be a little bit more to just assume he is guilty.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 06:26 PM by adcorbett.)
12-21-2014 06:25 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-21-2014 06:25 PM)adcorbett Wrote:  

The thing is, no matter how badly it may have been handled, when the police department doesn't even have enough evidence to file charges, what else could the outcome be?

I am not a winston or FSU fan, but all of the people just assuming he is guilty because of an accusation shows a lot to what's wrong with media. When the chick who claims to have been raped is seen at FSU games, cheering on FSU, and wearing a winston jersey, the week after the allegations became public, there needs to be a little bit more to just assume he is guilty.

I find it hard to believe that. You're the only one anywhere I've seen say that. Sounds like something made up by low-life FSU internet fans.

Winston doesn't have much credibility because of his other behavior and those of the police protecting him.

But with his friends supporting his story and the police fouling up the investigation, there really wasn't much that could have happened.
12-21-2014 07:38 PM
Advertisement

DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
.......and in other news water is wet!!!
12-21-2014 07:49 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

I am not a winston or FSU fan, but all of the people just assuming he is guilty because of an accusation shows a lot to what's wrong with media. When the chick who claims to have been raped is seen at FSU games, cheering on FSU, and wearing a winston jersey, the week after the became public, there needs to be a little bit more to just assume he is guilty.
Considering that the police didn't investigate anything until long after the fact, is it all that surprising that there was little evidence to support an accusation?
12-21-2014 08:42 PM
Sparkster Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCLA
Hope you guys sleep at night. Aw shucks the wins are worth it. Just don't send your daughters or sisters to FRU
12-21-2014 09:00 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
Winston and other witnesses also refused to testify, so lack of evidence from TPD and lack of testimony from those pleading the 5th equals exoneration.
12-21-2014 09:31 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(12-21-2014 09:00 PM)Sparkster Wrote:  Hope you guys sleep at night. Aw shucks the wins are worth it. Just don't send your daughters or sisters to FRU

Like FSU is the only one with this problem.
12-21-2014 09:35 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

Here is a little more. Believe what you will

"Patricia A. Carroll, a lawyer for Mr. Winston’s accuser, said the police investigator who handled the case, Scott Angulo, told her that because Tallahassee was a big football town, her client would be “raked over the coals” if she pursued the case.

Officer Angulo has done private security work for the Seminole Boosters, a nonprofit organization, with nearly $150 million in assets, that is the primary financier of Florida State athletics, according to records and a lawyer for the boosters. It also paid roughly a quarter of the $602,000 salary of the university president, Eric Barron, who was recently named president of Penn State."
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 09:43 PM by shere khan.)
12-21-2014 09:41 PM
Sparkster Offline
Water Engineer

(12-21-2014 09:35 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  
(12-21-2014 09:00 PM)Sparkster Wrote:  Hope you guys sleep at night. Aw shucks the wins are worth it. Just don't send your daughters or sisters to FRU

Way to try and divert. This thread is about FRU. Lonely at the top?
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 09:54 PM by Sparkster.)
12-21-2014 09:50 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(12-21-2014 09:50 PM)Sparkster Wrote:  

Try to divert. "Don't send your daughters to FRU". I am no fan of Winston or FSU of this situation, but this is happening in a lot of colleges. His name is just making it more public.
12-21-2014 10:00 PM
Sparkster Offline
Water Engineer

(12-21-2014 10:00 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  

Try to divert. "Don't send your daughters to FRU". I am no fan of Winston or FSU of this situation, but this is happening in a lot of colleges. His name is just making it more public.

This thread is about The criminoles and the corruption surrounding it, not some drunk and creepy frat boys. Again way to try and side step to acoid looking in your mirror
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 10:24 PM by Sparkster.)
12-21-2014 10:04 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(12-21-2014 09:31 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Winston and other witnesses also refused to testify, so lack of evidence from TPD and lack of testimony from those pleading the 5th equals exoneration.

Both teammates talked to police and the state attorney investigators. They simply reaffirmed their prior statements in this hearing. Unlike the accuser, their story hasn't changed every step of the way. Winston released his statement, and his attorney says he did speak to the independent judge that oversaw the code of conduct hearing. It wasn't a legal proceeding and he wasn't afforded the same legal due process and rights of a criminal investigation. Of course the ignorant take issue with Winston being cleared since, well, you know, they're ignorant.
12-21-2014 11:50 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(12-21-2014 10:04 PM)Sparkster Wrote:  
(12-21-2014 10:00 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  

This thread is about The criminoles and the corruption surrounding it, not some drunk and creepy frat boys. Again way to try and side step to acoid looking in your mirror

You know FSU didn't make the ruling on the heading, right? It was a retired state supreme court judge who is from north Carolina and went to college in north Carolina. But hey, whatever you say. You clearly know what you're talking about...
12-21-2014 11:53 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(12-21-2014 09:31 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Winston and other witnesses also refused to testify, so lack of evidence from TPD and lack of testimony from those pleading the 5th equals exoneration.

Nobody testified and nobody was "pleading the 5th". It's not a court proceeding and no one was required to testify. The accuser answered questions from the judge conducting the hearing, but she was not under oath. Winston was within his rights to read a statement and not take questions. Winston's friends were not there at all.

It sounds like a "conduct" process that is only designed to determine punishment in campus situations when it's clear what happened -- like if a student gets drunk on campus and throws a brick through a window with ten people watching. It's not a process equipped to decide between two completely different versions of what happened.
12-22-2014 02:46 AM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

(12-22-2014 02:46 AM)Wedge Wrote:  

Nobody testified and nobody was "pleading the 5th". It's not a court proceeding and no one was required to testify. The accuser answered questions from the judge conducting the hearing, but she was not under oath. Winston was within his rights to read a statement and not take questions. Winston's friends were not there at all.

It sounds like a "conduct" process that is only designed to determine punishment in campus situations when it's clear what happened -- like if a student gets drunk on campus and throws a brick through a window with ten people watching. It's not a process equipped to decide between two completely different versions of what happened.

The two teammates were there on the first day but didn't provide any new "testimony" since they had already submitted statements and done interviews with TPD and the State Attorney's Office. Everything else you said is accurate.

=========

FSU gave this girl more than a fair shot at implicating Winston, and she still couldn't do it. The university tried for months to get her to cooperate and ask for a code of conduct hearing. And for months she refused. She finally asked for one but after FSU's 16-ish month statute of limitations deadline. But FSU pushed it back for her and allowed the hearing to proceed anyways. Then, to make it as impartial as possible, a former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court, Major B. Harding, was chosen to preside over the hearing (which was also done outside the scope of FSU's written policy, to the likely benefit of the accuser). It's not as if he's some FSU alumnus trying to protect the school. He attended Wake for undergrad and law and received a masters from UVA.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014 03:34 AM by Marge Schott.)
12-22-2014 03:32 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-22-2014 03:32 AM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(12-22-2014 02:46 AM)Wedge Wrote:  

The two teammates were there on the first day but didn't provide any new "testimony" since they had already submitted statements and done interviews with TPD and the State Attorney's Office. Everything else you said is accurate.

=========

FSU gave this girl more than a fair shot at implicating Winston, and she still couldn't do it. The university tried for months to get her to cooperate and ask for a code of conduct hearing. And for months she refused. She finally asked for one but after FSU's 16-ish month statute of limitations deadline. But FSU pushed it back for her and allowed the hearing to proceed anyways. Then, to make it as impartial as possible, a former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court, Major B. Harding, was chosen to preside over the hearing (which was also done outside the scope of FSU's written policy, to the likely benefit of the accuser). It's not as if he's some FSU alumnus trying to protect the school. He attended Wake for undergrad and law and received a masters from UVA.

Are you an FSU fan? FSU and the Tallahassee police did everything they could to make it hard for her. It was only the federal government forcing FSU to even have this hearing. They should have had it a year ago. This judge and the prosecutor's hands were tied by what was done before to protect the FSU football player. They let Winston's lawyer get the friends together with Winston and review their stories before the prosecutor even got to talk to them.

Her story has been perfectly consistent.

Most people don't excuse the behavior like you. I have a relative in Tallahassee who tells me the enthusiasm for FSU there is way down this year because they are embarrassed by Winston, FSU and the Tallahassee police department.
12-22-2014 09:40 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.