Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Practice Player evaluations
Bookmark and Share
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Practice Player evaluations
Is it just me but, should we have to wait until kids play in games to determine who is going to be successful.

It would seem that it would be obvious who should be able to play from watching them at practice. I find it hard to believe that Kendron was killing it a practice looking at how he plays in the game unless our practices are very uninspired.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 09:41 PM by macgar32.)
12-20-2014 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
RE: Practice Player evaluations
(12-20-2014 09:41 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Is it just me but, should we have to wait until kids play in games to determine who is going to be successful.

It would seem that it would be obvious who should be able to play from watching them at practice. I find it hard to believe that Kendron was killing it a practice looking at how he plays in the game unless our practices are very uninspired.

Bingo!!!....The elephant in the room! that's a big excuse! Now to his credit,Cal did just mention that his practices have dramatically changed from "doing all these damn drills"! to just "going at it 5 0n 5" He stated that this has been the most improvement that he has seen since adopting this philosophy.....Josh is a clone of Cal...He want's to live up to those expectations as a so-called descendent of his...pretty soon he may realize how to run a practice to see who deserves to be on the floor as opposed to who looks good in drills
12-20-2014 09:47 PM
450bench Offline

(12-20-2014 09:41 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Is it just me but, should we have to wait until kids play in games to determine who is going to be successful.

04-bow
12-20-2014 09:48 PM
Halfcourt Offline
Rec League All-Star

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Playing in the bright lights can change a players attitude and confidence.

You have some that rise to the occasion, and some that shrivel and hide. Sometimes you don't know until you know.

I can be critical of Pastner for a lot of things but I can cut him some slack on this one.
12-20-2014 10:45 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
Iverson can play the 2/3/or 4....He needs to be on the Floor, and getting Minutes....I agree we need to Practice 5 on 5's and see what are best is....Afraid Josh won't do it, because that is admitting he is still learning....5 on 5's in Practices is how you run them and smart....Quick at least someone tell Josh how Cal's is running his practices and suggest to him he think about this Break through Idea....The World Is Ours Memphis....
12-20-2014 10:54 PM
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(12-20-2014 10:54 PM)tigerscane Wrote:  Iverson can play the 2/3/or 4....He needs to be on the Floor, and getting Minutes....I agree we need to Practice 5 on 5's and see what are best is....Afraid Josh won't do it, because that is admitting he is still learning....5 on 5's in Practices is how you run them and smart....Quick at least someone tell Josh how Cal's is running his practices and suggest to him he think about this Break through Idea....The World Is Ours Memphis....

we have had difficulties with our wings and post players catching hot/quick passes from our guards and finishing at the basket with a layup..... Ivo caught an incredible pass from the wing into the post gathered and immediately went up with the layup and got the foul....very impressive and reflective of his skillset... Ivo needs time, for some reason, Josh is not allowing Ivo to blossom but allowed players such as Kedren and Shaq too many opportunities that have not rendered progress....I think Josh tries to give rope to those that follow his Sunday school class rules....Ivo has probably a little more rebellious attitude than Shaq or Kedren as he is a baller and knows that.....

We would get some awesome results if Ivo were allowed to enforce his game
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 08:18 PM by thagr82008.)
12-20-2014 11:35 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Makes me wonder if McGee got a fair shake.
12-20-2014 11:54 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I know right? Good point

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
12-21-2014 12:47 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(12-20-2014 09:47 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  Now to his credit,Cal did just mention that his practices have dramatically changed from "doing all these damn drills"! to just "going at it 5 0n 5" He stated that this has been the most improvement that he has seen since adopting this philosophy.

He also said "We don't practice free throws. We will make them when they count." That didn't work out too well.
12-21-2014 06:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.