WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

800k a year for this garbage?
FrankFoHeisman2015 Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
800k a year for this garbage?
Something doesn't pass the smell test..... The university gave him a tiny raise. No mention of media appearances picking up a portion of his salary. Donors picking up the rest. WE LOST TO AIR FORCE!!!! WE CHOKED!!!!! WE GAVE OUR BEST PLAYER FRANKLIN 6 CARRIES IN THE 1st HALF!!!! 9-16 record!!!!!!03-puke

1. What motivates donors? Tax break and legacy, i.e. Name on a structure for a 100 years. What's the legacy here?

2. We're talking 3.6 million of donor dollars over 6 years, or about 600k a year. If he had a rash of key injuries and went 3-9 the next two years do they still have to pony up the cash?

3. Is it a donor, a few donors, or was it plucked right out of the Gary Fund?

4. Are their conditions in order to collect?

5. Why donate this kind of money? There is no legacy attached to it. Are we to believe there is someone out there who is such a huge WMU football fan that they forked over 4 million wand they get nothing in return? Even if they name a scoreboard after them those boards only have about a ten year life.

I can see a Stryker seeing the big picture, that a strong football program is good for the university, good for the community, good for their hotels, etc. but outside of them.......
12-20-2014 09:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

RE: 800k a year for this garbage?
Don't take the bait, guys.
12-20-2014 09:18 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
That's just awful. Shame on you. You should be thanking the donors. 04-rock
12-20-2014 09:18 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2014 09:16 PM)FrankFoHeisman2015 Wrote:  Something doesn't pass the smell test..... The university gave him a tiny raise. No mention of media appearances picking up a portion of his salary. Donors picking up the rest. WE LOST TO AIR FORCE!!!! WE CHOKED!!!!! WE GAVE OUR BEST PLAYER FRANKLIN 6 CARRIES IN THE 1st HALF!!!! 9-16 record!!!!!!03-puke

1. What motivates donors? Tax break and legacy, i.e. Name on a structure for a 100 years. What's the legacy here?

2. We're talking 3.6 million of donor dollars over 6 years, or about 600k a year. If he had a rash of key injuries and went 3-9 the next two years do they still have to pony up the cash?

3. Is it a donor, a few donors, or was it plucked right out of the Gary Fund?

4. Are their conditions in order to collect?

5. Why donate this kind of money? There is no legacy attached to it. Are we to believe there is someone out there who is such a huge WMU football fan that they forked over 4 million wand they get nothing in return? Even if they name a scoreboard after them those boards only have about a ten year life.

I can see a Stryker seeing the big picture, that a strong football program is good for the university, good for the community, good for their hotels, etc. but outside of them.......

I've never heard such blasphemy. Once again, thank you to the donors.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 09:21 PM by Chipdip2.)
12-20-2014 09:19 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2014 09:18 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  Don't take the bait, guys.

I agree Silent, that's just terrible. Hale to the donors. 01-ncaabbs
12-20-2014 09:20 PM
Banned

(12-20-2014 09:20 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

I agree Silent, that's just terrible. Hale to the donors. 01-ncaabbs

Sarcasm much? This was a disgrace!
12-20-2014 09:21 PM
Advertisement

Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

Take a deep breath. Things will be getting better over time. Have faith. We had a good year. Lots of promise for the future. Painful right now. Got to get up tomorrow morning and go back to work.
12-20-2014 09:22 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2014 09:22 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  Take a deep breath. Things will be getting better over time. Have faith. We had a good year. Lots of promise for the future. Painful right now. Got to get up tomorrow morning and go back to work.

I'm still rowing the boat and applauding the donors 04-clap2
12-20-2014 09:25 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I'm not working on Sunday. No sir.
12-20-2014 09:35 PM
BCBronco Offline
All American

I agree
12-20-2014 09:47 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Western's football future looks bright with these young players.

Another great recruiting class with lessons learned over the past two seasons, Broncos should be solid.

Proud of our team and their effort. Close game turned around after fumble when the momentum was with the Broncos.

This a surprising year. Never expected the Broncos to be in a bowl game. Wish they had won, but happy to see them there competing against a 10-3 team.
12-20-2014 09:57 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I will say this about his post.

If the donors and the administration had waited one week I think they would have had more room to bargain.
12-20-2014 10:03 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
Mistakes and horrible weather cost us the game. Not taking the bait but it was VERY OBVIOUS to most that Franklin was still way short of 100%. Couldn't cut of foot at all.

WHAT REALLY TICKED ME OFF WAS THE TWO TIMES AIR FORCE PLAYERS MOCKED THE ROWING THE BOAT. AFTER THE 2 PT CONVERSION AND AFTER THE LAST TOUCHDOWN.

I would expect it out of CMU. but not a United States military academy.. IT WAS A CLASSLESS ACT TWICE REPEATED THAT THE CAMERAS CAUGHT.
12-20-2014 10:06 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2014 10:06 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  Mistakes and horrible weather cost us the game. Not taking the bait but it was VERY OBVIOUS to most that Franklin was still way short of 100%. Couldn't cut of foot at all.

WHAT REALLY TICKED ME OFF WAS THE TWO TIMES AIR FORCE PLAYERS MOCKED THE ROWING THE BOAT. AFTER THE 2 PT CONVERSION AND AFTER THE LAST TOUCHDOWN.

I would expect it out of CMU. but not a United States military academy.. IT WAS A CLASSLESS ACT TWICE REPEATED THAT THE CAMERAS CAUGHT.

It wasn't just that, it was the constant trying to bait our guys into fights, kicking our players on the turf, etc
BCBronco Offline
All American

(12-20-2014 10:03 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I will say this about his post.

If the donors and the administration had waited one week I think they would have had more room to bargain.

Lol
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

There was part of me that felt like we were going to get karma retribution for all the $800K hoopla going on this week.

Then again, it's one isolated game that's fresh in our minds. If we can rebound from a bad 1-11 season that includes various blowouts, I'm hoping the team can rebound from a bad 1.5 games against a couple decent squads with double-digit wins. It just sucks that the worst stretch of our season happened at the very end, so we get to stew in it all off-season.
12-20-2014 10:07 PM
Advertisement

Banned

Oh really??? You think they care?

Is he crying because only 10 fans show up to home games?

Is he crying because people would rather go to South Bend of Ann Arbor on Saturdays than go to a WMU game?

Is he crying because he knows these are all failed attempts to engage a fan base that doesn't care?

Is he crying because this team is irrelevant? 9-16 record......

Is he crying because every alumni just got done paddling him?

Is he crying because the mascot looks like a stoned pony?

Is he crying because our football stadium is named after a fictional character and he has never been able to find Waldo in any book, no matter how much helps he gets?

Is he crying because DJ Ill Mix didn't play his song request?

Is he crying because he just realized that boats have nothing to do with Broncos? 

Just shut up and play football, PJ Fleck is like Rex Ryan. Runs his mouth and today Air Force was mocking us and destroyed us in every aspect of the game. We will have a target on our backs next year.
12-20-2014 10:07 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

what the hell?
12-20-2014 10:15 PM
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
(12-20-2014 10:07 PM)FrankFoHeisman2015 Wrote:  

Oh really??? You think they care?

Is he crying because only 10 fans show up to home games?

Is he crying because people would rather go to South Bend of Ann Arbor on Saturdays than go to a WMU game?

Is he crying because he knows these are all failed attempts to engage a fan base that doesn't care?

Is he crying because this team is irrelevant? 9-16 record......

Is he crying because every alumni just got done paddling him?

Is he crying because the mascot looks like a stoned pony?

Is he crying because our football stadium is named after a fictional character and he has never been able to find Waldo in any book, no matter how much helps he gets?

Is he crying because DJ Ill Mix didn't play his song request?

Is he crying because he just realized that boats have nothing to do with Broncos? 

Just shut up and play football, PJ Fleck is like Rex Ryan. Runs his mouth and today Air Force was mocking us and destroyed us in every aspect of the game. We will have a target on our backs next year.

seeing a team of psychiatrists?
12-20-2014 10:17 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2014 10:06 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  Mistakes and horrible weather cost us the game. Not taking the bait but it was VERY OBVIOUS to most that Franklin was still way short of 100%. Couldn't cut of foot at all.

Well, I have to admit, when they put a camera man right behind him and showed him jumping up and down and rowing and rowing...........I can see how the opponent would be going WTF, and might mock it when the tide turned. I get the whole RTB thing, but during the game it could be toned down a notch.

As for the weather, they both had to play in it.

As for Franklin, he ran it 30 times against NIU. He had to be healthier this week than than he was two weeks ago. They seemed to want to establish the pass to first to open up the run, and Terrell wasn't getting it done. AF just sat on the run, but even then the passing game wasn't working.
12-20-2014 10:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.