Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

10 Team Conferences
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
10 Team Conferences
I'm looking for a little feedback for a custom setup on NCAA Football on the Xbox.

In this particular premise, the NCAA capped conference at 10 members at some point in the past.

This part I'm comfortable with:

ACC
Clemson - Duke - Florida State - Georgia Tech - Maryland - NC State - North Carolina - South Carolina - Virginia - Wake Forest
I started with the 1990's version and added South Carolina, who was a member from 1953-71 and could not have been added to the SEC if they were capped at 10.

Big East
Boston College - Connecticut - U Miami - Penn State - Pittsburgh - Rutgers - Syracuse - Temple - Virginia Tech - West Virginia
This is the classic 8-team Big East football conference with the addition of UConn and Penn State, who needed a home with the Big 10 capped at 10.

Big Ten
Illinois - Indiana - Iowa - Michigan - Michigan State - Minnesota - Northwestern - Ohio State - Purdue - Wisconsin
The Big Ten as it was from 1950-89.

Pac-10
Arizona - Arizona State - California - Oregon - Oregon State - Stanford - UCLA - USC - Washington - Washington State
The Pac-10 as it was from 1978-2010.

SEC
Alabama - Auburn - Florida - Georgia - Kentucky - LSU - Mississippi State - Ole Miss - Tennessee - Vanderbilt
The SEC as it was from 1967-90.

MAC
Ball State - Bowling Green - Central Michigan - Eastern Michigan - Kent State - Miami U - Northern Illinois - Ohio - Toledo - Western Michigan
I kicked the newest members out of the MAC. NIU got in over Akron because their original membership 1975-86 predated Akron's (joined 1992).

That's pretty obvious, so no problems there. However, I'd like some feedback for what I should do when it comes to the Big 8 growing to 10. I'm using NCAA 14 which has more conferences (the WAC isn't dead yet) so...

OPTION 1 - KEEP THE SWC TOGETHER

If I go this route, I'll need to add two schools to the Big 8 and one to the SWC. It will also have affect a few other conferences (C-USA loses Houston, WAC loses Rice, SMU, MWC loses TCU).

Big 8
Colorado - Iowa State - Kansas - Kansas State - Missouri - Nebraska - Oklahoma - Oklahoma State

Southwest - (would use Sun Belt Conference in game)
Arkansas - Baylor - Houston - Rice - SMU - Texas - Texas A&M - TCU - Texas Tech

Who would be the logical choices to fill out the Big 8 (need 2) and SWC (need 1)? I have the following schools available to choose from in game (just listing schools relatively close to the footprint of these two conferences):

Air Force - Arkansas State - Boise State - BYU - Cincinnati - Colorado State - Idaho - Louisiana Tech - Louisville - Memphis - MTSU - Nevada - New Mexico - New Mexico State - North Texas - Notre Dame - Southern Miss - Texas State - Tulane - Tulsa - ULL - ULM - UNLV - Utah - Utah State - UTEP - UTSA - Western Kentucky - Wyoming

OPTION 2 - TEXAS & TEXAS A&M JOIN BIG 8, SWC FOLDS

This gives me a clean Big 8, but would leave Arkansas, Baylor and Texas Tech homeless and either playing as independents or in conferences they have never had real-life ties to.

Big 8
Colorado - Iowa State - Kansas - Kansas State - Missouri - Nebraska - Oklahoma - Oklahoma State - Texas - Texas A&M

I guess there could be a 3rd option - "Texas and Texas A&M join Big 8 and SWC reloads, but that would probably negatively affect too many other conferences, so I don't think I'll go that route.

I'll pause here until I decide to go with or without the SWC... then I'll look for more feedback filling out the remaining conferences.
12-20-2014 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
RE: 10 Team Conferences
Back to the good ole' days....
12-20-2014 12:04 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
You could add Utah and Wyoming to the Big 8 and Tulane to the SWC.
12-20-2014 12:04 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Move PennState back to the B10 (Navy in their place) and also add Notre Dame to the B10 (yeah I know you don't like it but I don't like A&M shoved back into the SWC either so just roll with it)

Then move Wisconsin and Minnesota to the Big 8 to make them a complete Great Plains league
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 12:08 PM by 10thMountain.)
12-20-2014 12:08 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-20-2014 11:56 AM)Chappy Wrote:  I'm looking for a little feedback for a custom setup on NCAA Football on the Xbox.

In this particular premise, the NCAA capped conference at 10 members at some point in the past.

This part I'm comfortable with:

ACC
Clemson - Duke - Florida State - Georgia Tech - Maryland - NC State - North Carolina - South Carolina - Virginia - Wake Forest
I started with the 1990's version and added South Carolina, who was a member from 1953-71 and could not have been added to the SEC if they were capped at 10.

Big East
Boston College - Connecticut - U Miami - Penn State - Pittsburgh - Rutgers - Syracuse - Temple - Virginia Tech - West Virginia
This is the classic 8-team Big East football conference with the addition of UConn and Penn State, who needed a home with the Big 10 capped at 10.

Big Ten
Illinois - Indiana - Iowa - Michigan - Michigan State - Minnesota - Northwestern - Ohio State - Purdue - Wisconsin
The Big Ten as it was from 1950-89.

Pac-10
Arizona - Arizona State - California - Oregon - Oregon State - Stanford - UCLA - USC - Washington - Washington State
The Pac-10 as it was from 1978-2010.

SEC
Alabama - Auburn - Florida - Georgia - Kentucky - LSU - Mississippi State - Ole Miss - Tennessee - Vanderbilt
The SEC as it was from 1967-90.

MAC
Ball State - Bowling Green - Central Michigan - Eastern Michigan - Kent State - Miami U - Northern Illinois - Ohio - Toledo - Western Michigan
I kicked the newest members out of the MAC. NIU got in over Akron because their original membership 1975-86 predated Akron's (joined 1992).

That's pretty obvious, so no problems there. However, I'd like some feedback for what I should do when it comes to the Big 8 growing to 10. I'm using NCAA 14 which has more conferences (the WAC isn't dead yet) so...

OPTION 1 - KEEP THE SWC TOGETHER

If I go this route, I'll need to add two schools to the Big 8 and one to the SWC. It will also have affect a few other conferences (C-USA loses Houston, WAC loses Rice, SMU, MWC loses TCU).

Big 8
Colorado - Iowa State - Kansas - Kansas State - Missouri - Nebraska - Oklahoma - Oklahoma State

Southwest - (would use Sun Belt Conference in game)
Arkansas - Baylor - Houston - Rice - SMU - Texas - Texas A&M - TCU - Texas Tech

Who would be the logical choices to fill out the Big 8 (need 2) and SWC (need 1)? I have the following schools available to choose from in game (just listing schools relatively close to the footprint of these two conferences):

Air Force - Arkansas State - Boise State - BYU - Cincinnati - Colorado State - Idaho - Louisiana Tech - Louisville - Memphis - MTSU - Nevada - New Mexico - New Mexico State - North Texas - Notre Dame - Southern Miss - Texas State - Tulane - Tulsa - ULL - ULM - UNLV - Utah - Utah State - UTEP - UTSA - Western Kentucky - Wyoming

OPTION 2 - TEXAS & TEXAS A&M JOIN BIG 8, SWC FOLDS

This gives me a clean Big 8, but would leave Arkansas, Baylor and Texas Tech homeless and either playing as independents or in conferences they have never had real-life ties to.

Big 8
Colorado - Iowa State - Kansas - Kansas State - Missouri - Nebraska - Oklahoma - Oklahoma State - Texas - Texas A&M

I guess there could be a 3rd option - "Texas and Texas A&M join Big 8 and SWC reloads, but that would probably negatively affect too many other conferences, so I don't think I'll go that route.

I'll pause here until I decide to go with or without the SWC... then I'll look for more feedback filling out the remaining conferences.

SWC looked at Tulane, Tulsa, Memphis and even talked about North Texas. Big 12 strongly considered BYU and going to 14.
12-20-2014 12:14 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(12-20-2014 12:04 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  You could add Utah and Wyoming to the Big 8 and Tulane to the SWC.

I like those moves....
12-20-2014 12:16 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(12-20-2014 12:08 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Move PennState back to the B10 (Navy in their place) and also add Notre Dame to the B10 (yeah I know you don't like it but I don't like A&M shoved back into the SWC either so just roll with it)

Then move Wisconsin and Minnesota to the Big 8 to make them a complete Great Plains league

I also like this idea, outside the box yet logical.
12-20-2014 12:17 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
SWC add Tulane (In the game they still play in Super Dome so big enough stadium)
Big 8 add Colorado State and Tulsa.

MWC
Utah, BYU, Wyoming, Air Force, New Mexico, San Diego State, Fresno State, Boise State, UTEP, Nevada
12-20-2014 12:24 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
METRO / C-USA
Cincinnati
East Carolina
Memphis
UCF
South Florida
Southern Miss
Louisville
UAB
Louisiana
Marshall
12-20-2014 12:26 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Online
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
You'll need one conference at 12 teams. The game will freeze if there is no conference championship games. Everytime because there's no games for that week.
12-20-2014 02:48 PM
herdfan2013 Online
1st String

Can we have this IRL?
12-20-2014 02:53 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
Basically your idea is to start with the 1990 lineups of the Pac-10, SEC, and Big Ten, and create workable 10-team leagues for everyone else.

You could add both Miami and Florida State to the 1990 ACC, that would make 10. OTOH, if you wanted to stay within the 1990 ACC footprint, you could add Virginia Tech and South Carolina instead.

Just for fun, look at the old Metro Conference football proposal (also from 1990), and notice that the original Big East football lineup stole the north half of this idea (plus Miami and minus Cincinnati). You could do something with that.
12-20-2014 03:12 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
No thanks.
12-20-2014 03:19 PM
jrj84105 Offline
All American

I Root For: Utes
How about in the process of combing the BigXIII and SWC some schools recognize the importance of unique markets and go with a state Flagship focused approach:
Arkansas
Mizzou
Iowa State
Kansas
Nebraska
Colorado
Utah
Oklahoma
Texas A&M
New Mexico [/align]
12-20-2014 09:44 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(12-20-2014 03:19 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  No thanks.

Indeed no thanks! 07-coffee3
12-21-2014 12:13 PM
MKPitt Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
I tried this but capping it at six 14-team geographic leagues. 6 champions and 2 at-large for the playoffs. I made some concessions for history/competitive balance and put ND in the Northeast and putting UVA down with the other ACC schools and keeping VT in the Northeast but for the most part, I tried to stick solely to geography. I think this does a good job of restoring rivalries, would heighten regional pride/bragging rights, and for the most part keep things balanced (although admittedly the Northeast would be the weakest league).

Northeast:
Army
Boston College
Connecticut
Marshall
Maryland
Navy
Notre Dame
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple
Virginia Tech
West Virginia

Atlantic Coast
Central Florida
Clemson
East Carolina
Duke
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
South Carolina
Virginia
Wake Forest

Southeast
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Kentucky
LSU
Louisville
Memphis
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Missouri
Southern Mississippi
Tennessee
Tulane
Vanderbilt

Midwest
Cincinnati
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa State
Miami (OH)
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northern Illinois
Northwestern
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin

Great Plains
Air Force
Baylor
Colorado
Houston
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
SMU
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

West Coast
Arizona
Arizona State
Boise State
BYU
California
New Mexico
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
Washington State

Basically, the schools getting a bump up would be Army, Connecticut, Navy, Marshall, Temple, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, Miami (OH), East Carolina, UCF, Tulane, Memphis, Southern Miss, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Boise State, BYU, and New Mexico.

USF was the one school that I wanted to find a place for but couldn't work around it and I think UCF has passed USF on the pecking order.
12-21-2014 02:07 PM
Advertisement

miztigers55 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou, SLU, BC
(12-20-2014 02:48 PM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  You'll need one conference at 12 teams. The game will freeze if there is no conference championship games. Everytime because there's no games for that week.

I don't think so, I had a dynasty with no CCG's and it was fine.

I had a set up with 8 conferences and 9 teams with like 30 independents. It was a lot of fun, and if anyone is interested I could post it.
12-21-2014 04:01 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Online
1st String

(12-21-2014 04:01 PM)miztigers55 Wrote:  
(12-20-2014 02:48 PM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  You'll need one conference at 12 teams. The game will freeze if there is no conference championship games. Everytime because there's no games for that week.

I had a set up with 8 conferences and 9 teams with like 30 independents. It was a lot of fun, and if anyone is interested I could post it.

Well it did it to me. Please post it.
12-21-2014 06:37 PM
Doctor Krieger Offline
1st String

I Root For: :)
(12-20-2014 12:08 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Move PennState back to the B10 (Navy in their place) and also add Notre Dame to the B10 (yeah I know you don't like it but I don't like A&M shoved back into the SWC either so just roll with it)

Extremely stupid idea.
12-21-2014 06:48 PM
miztigers55 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou, SLU, BC
(12-21-2014 06:37 PM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  
(12-21-2014 04:01 PM)miztigers55 Wrote:  

Well it did it to me. Please post it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...RdGc#gid=0
Here it is. Obviously it is unrealistic but it was tons of fun. Ignore the colors
12-21-2014 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.