Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas Wish List For Your Athletic Program
ACCslater Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisville
Christmas Wish List For Your Athletic Program
In the spirit of Christmas, I thought it would be fun to see what each fan bases would ask for if they had one wish/gift they knew would come true for their school this holiday season. It can be for any sport and can involve anything from hiring, firing, new facilities, conference expansion, networks etc...

For me it would be Football stadium expansion. I'm hoping UofL completes the lower bowl, but also greatly expands the football complex that would sit behind it on the same level of what we see in the SEC.

FWIW... if you would have asked me a year ago, it would have been an ACC Network. While this is still a close second, I'm convinced that the ACC is stronger and more unified now than its been in a while. We continue to see coaches turn down other P5 jobs, which only builds more continuity and strength. So I feel the Network will eventually take care of itself, which is why I selfishly picked stadium upgrade.

Merry Xmas!!
12-19-2014 07:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
RE: Christmas Wish List For Your Athletic Program
Well we've got a lot to wish for this Christmas at Pitt:

1. Truckload of money to pay top flight coach and assistants.
2. New AD who understands tradition, that football drives the bus, and has a commitment to make Pitt the best it can be under his watch.
3. Dan Mullen? His name has been floated around as a candidate for the coaching job. I kind of think it's so that he can get more from MSU. Since this is a wishlist, I'm adding him here.
12-19-2014 08:49 AM
domer1978 Online
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
New Coach and different administration running ND.
12-19-2014 09:48 AM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(12-19-2014 09:48 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  New Coach and different administration running ND.

Out of curiosity, who would you want to see replace Brian Kelly?
12-19-2014 10:08 AM
domer1978 Online
All American

(12-19-2014 10:08 AM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 09:48 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  New Coach and different administration running ND.

Out of curiosity, who would you want to see replace Brian Kelly?

Dantonio
Mullen
Patterson

among others, if ND was actually prepared to crack the vault and give exceptions like some previous coaches asked for then that list will change. If ND can afford add add-on to the stadium for 450 million dollars(Lame project)they can pay 8-10 million yr for a coach .
Done with crap... As we've gotten farther away from the USC massacre I've actually become more irritated over what we've allowed ourselves to become. Milk the cash cow until their is nothing left is what it seems like they're doing. Rant over, sorry
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 10:26 AM by domer1978.)
12-19-2014 10:16 AM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad

Not much Kelly can do with a 4th string defense...
12-19-2014 10:23 AM
Advertisement

esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(12-19-2014 07:58 AM)ACCslater Wrote:  For me it would be Football stadium expansion. I'm hoping UofL completes the lower bowl, but also greatly expands the football complex that would sit behind it on the same level of what we see in the SEC.

FWIW... if you would have asked me a year ago, it would have been an ACC Network. While this is still a close second, I'm convinced that the ACC is stronger and more unified now than its been in a while. We continue to see coaches turn down other P5 jobs, which only builds more continuity and strength. So I feel the Network will eventually take care of itself, which is why I selfishly picked stadium upgrade.

Merry Xmas!!

I drove by Louisville not too long ago and I was very impressed by the stadium and surrounding athletic facilities. If the ACC had the choice between WVU and Louisville after the Derps left, I'm not so sure they would have taken WVU given Louisville's facilities and basketball program.
12-19-2014 10:25 AM
domer1978 Online
All American

(12-19-2014 10:23 AM)esayem Wrote:  

Not much Kelly can do with a 4th string defense...

Sure as heck can learn to count, when going for 2 in the Northwestern game has nothing to do with his defense. And him also being so pass happy that he leaves the defense exposed.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 10:29 AM by domer1978.)
12-19-2014 10:28 AM
WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wake Forest
I'm pretty happy with the coaching staffs in our revenue sports. Our basketball and football facilities are already in the process of getting a nice upgrade.

So I would like to see a few major recruiting victories like landing Harry Giles in basketball. That's really the biggest thing our program needs at the moment. A nice splashy talent infusion to get our fanbase back in their seats and our coaching staffs something to work with on the court and the field.
12-19-2014 10:41 AM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
(12-19-2014 10:25 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 07:58 AM)ACCslater Wrote:  For me it would be Football stadium expansion. I'm hoping UofL completes the lower bowl, but also greatly expands the football complex that would sit behind it on the same level of what we see in the SEC.

Merry Xmas!!

I drove by Louisville not too long ago and I was very impressed by the stadium and surrounding athletic facilities. If the ACC had the choice between WVU and Louisville after the Derps left, I'm not so sure they would have taken WVU given Louisville's facilities and basketball program.

Well thank you for the compliment and that was from decades of planning and execution!! Thank you Tom Jurich!!
FLossY Out...04-wine
12-19-2014 10:54 AM
colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
I wish the ACC would expand its footprint into Ohio.
12-19-2014 11:30 AM
Advertisement

nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
Mine:

*New Commish for ACC.
One who can fix TV contract, conference network, and understands the critical nature of football improvement in the conference.

*New AD for FSU.
Anyone who is a professional.

*Athletic endowment complete.
Would take about another $150 Mill
12-19-2014 11:56 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
- New President who values expanding the mission of GT. I would like to see GT take everything between Hemphill and Holly Streets ... from 10th back to 14th. That is all high crime old single family housing. I would like to see GT expand selectively into liberal arts. I'd like to see law offered, K-College teaching offered, political science offered, and Austrian economics offered. Have major secondary education offerings in tech and science fields like ISO(*), Cisco, Red Hat, Microsoft, and InfoSec certification classes. Go private if necessary to escape the GABOT to do this.

- New AD. Bobinski (Bobin-squatch?) is terrible with media, but still largely unknown. But I don't consider Xavier to be prime P5 AD farming material. Let's get Homer Rice 2.0 in there.

- Relaxed recruiting standards. No more having to take calculus and other such crap.

- New basketball coach.

- New football stadium. A two deck horseshoe with luxury boxes in between that rises steeply and quickly. Replace all the buildings lost in doing this with a large multi-story building which encloses the horseshoe, has the jumbotron on it, and has additional luxury/high end seating. Have NFL style chairback seating everywhere but the band, student section, and visiting sections. Have a large canopy overhang all around for shade and noise. Make the material on top transparent if possible to preserve views of midtown.

- New ACC commissioner who is aggressive in making the ACC Network happen and make it awesome. One who will fill it with academic content in offseason/off hours. One who will aggressively pursue 2 out of (West Virginia with academic and fan behavior stipulations, Pedo State, Tennessee, Notre Dame) for full membership and to move to pods. I'd probably prefer Tennessee and West Virginia (with said stipulations). If the division requirement is gone ... it could even make sense to also get Pedo State and Cincinnati.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 02:04 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
12-19-2014 01:52 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(12-19-2014 11:30 AM)colohank Wrote:  I wish the ACC would expand its footprint into Ohio.

Toledo would be a nice add. 07-coffee3
12-19-2014 01:59 PM

(12-19-2014 01:59 PM)ken d Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 11:30 AM)colohank Wrote:  I wish the ACC would expand its footprint into Ohio.

I have beyond no interest in western Cleveland. Another Great Lakes city in ruin due to its own policies.
12-19-2014 02:01 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

03-lmfao I see what you did there...

BTW, I would be ok with Cincy...their school is huge and growing in stature.
12-19-2014 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

(12-19-2014 01:52 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  If the division requirement is gone ... it could even make sense to also get Pedo State and Cincinnati.

Just grouping by geography to see what this would look/feel like.

Boston College
Syracuse
Pedo State
Pittsburgh
West Virginia

Cincinnati
Louisville
Virginia Tech
Virginia

North Carolina
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest

Tennessee
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Miami

Not bad. I kinda like it.
12-19-2014 02:08 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2014 02:08 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 01:52 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  If the division requirement is gone ... it could even make sense to also get Pedo State and Cincinnati.

Just grouping by geography to see what this would look/feel like.

Boston College
Syracuse
Pedo State
Pittsburgh
West Virginia

Cincinnati
Louisville
Virginia Tech
Virginia

North Carolina
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest

Tennessee
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Miami

Not bad. I kinda like it.

What I don't understand is why you would want somebody you call Pedo State in your conference.
12-19-2014 02:11 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
My Christmas Wish List for SU remains as it has been for a while now:

1) a consistent Top 25 football team

2) two more NCAA men's basketball championships

3) a return to our real football uniforms - the best uni ever to me.

4) for one of our Field Hockey or Women's Lacrosse teams to stop teasing me and finally win our first female national 'ship.

Cheers,
Neil
12-19-2014 02:11 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2014 02:08 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

03-lmfao I see what you did there...

BTW, I would be ok with Cincy...their school is huge and growing in stature.

I would too.
12-19-2014 02:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.