WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WMU New Hockey Arena?
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
WMU New Hockey Arena?
Any word of when or if WMU gets their new $60 million hockey arena?

This has floated in and out of conversation over the last couple years and I was just wondering if it is still going to happen or if it was just a "Why Western" promise to get in the NCHC?
12-18-2014 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: WMU New Hockey Arena?
As far as we know there's no plans. There have been rumors galore but nothing with a spine to hold it up
12-18-2014 09:11 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
It will happen eventually. Just don't know when. I suspect that they are tapping the donors right now for football. Can't have too many irons in the fire at once.
12-18-2014 09:21 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

WMU New Hockey Arena?
Been coagulating since the 90's. Like virtually anything else, if someone can find the money/financing, I'm sure it'd go through.

I'm still in favor of the 1% hotel and restaurant tax, but I don't think the majority of the public would vote in favor of it.
12-18-2014 10:20 PM
Advertisement

Ubish Offline
All American

(12-18-2014 08:56 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  Any word of when or if WMU gets their new $60 million hockey arena?

This has floated in and out of conversation over the last couple years and I was just wondering if it is still going to happen or if it was just a "Why Western" promise to get in the NCHC?

Yeah, it seems like football is the #1 priority at the moment. Good news though, in only 75 years, fleck will be able to pay for the stadium outright.
12-18-2014 11:51 PM
Bronco1974 Offline
Special Teams

(12-18-2014 11:51 PM)Ubish Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 08:56 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  Any word of when or if WMU gets their new $60 million hockey arena?

Yeah, it seems like football is the #1 priority at the moment. Good news though, in only 75 years, fleck will be able to pay for the stadium outright.

The football money pit has always been #1 priority.
12-19-2014 09:50 AM
Taz Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Broncos
They're still $46,000 short of raising $250,000 to replace the stalls in a locker room that is only 8 years post being completely gutted and rebuilt (and that includes a single gift of $100,000). The one local source that could pony up $60 million for a new rink was a big player in trying to build the downtown arena and has already donated the $$$ for the medical school. That doesn't mean that multiple donors couldn't come forward, but I honestly don't see a new rink coming any time soon.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 12:49 PM by Taz.)
12-20-2014 12:47 PM
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

Once Fleck wins the national championship in football the donors will start flooding in. I wouldn't worry about it, you guys, the title is coming in the next 6 to 8 years so get pumped!
12-20-2014 04:41 PM
Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(12-20-2014 04:41 PM)Nacho Wrote:  Once Fleck wins the national championship in football the donors will start flooding in. I wouldn't worry about it, you guys, the title is coming in the next 6 to 8 years so get pumped!

Win the bowl game 03-shhhh, go into the Sparty game with everyone suddenly backing us, pull it out, lose to only OSU the rest of the way, in 2016 they announce the G5 will get a team into the 8-team playoff, Fleck decides to stick around for another year with that news, we go undefeated with the easier schedule, get into the playoff and win the National Championship, according to what Fleck said on Day 1 when he said 'We want to win Championships for Kalamazoo." You heard it here first.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 08:39 PM by Bronco'14.)
12-20-2014 08:36 PM
Bronco1974 Offline
Special Teams

(12-20-2014 08:36 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  
(12-20-2014 04:41 PM)Nacho Wrote:  Once Fleck wins the national championship in football the donors will start flooding in. I wouldn't worry about it, you guys, the title is coming in the next 6 to 8 years so get pumped!

Win the bowl game 03-shhhh, go into the Sparty game with everyone suddenly backing us, pull it out, lose to only OSU the rest of the way, in 2016 they announce the G5 will get a team into the 8-team playoff, Fleck decides to stick around for another year with that news, we go undefeated with the easier schedule, get into the playoff and win the National Championship, according to what Fleck said on Day 1 when he said 'We want to win Championships for Kalamazoo." You heard it here first.

Two days later, I am elected president of the united states and marry Kate Upton.
12-21-2014 08:46 AM
Advertisement

JSB3 Offline
Bench Warmer

Yeah is this not going to happen within the next decade?
04-03-2016 12:41 AM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

(12-21-2014 08:46 AM)Bronco1974 Wrote:  
(12-20-2014 08:36 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  

Two days later, I am elected president of the united states and marry Kate Upton.
Ah you think you can take Justin Verlander?
04-03-2016 07:51 AM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

Who can't? JV will be in the JV league in a few years.
04-04-2016 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.