Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Michigan has offered Jim Harbaugh a 6 year, 49 million dollar contract
Bookmark and Share
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
OT: Michigan has offered Jim Harbaugh a 6 year, 49 million dollar contract
He says he will consider it. Unreal
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 12:20 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
12-17-2014 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Michigan has offered Jim Harbaugh a 6 year, 49 million dollar contract
How can the priorities of one of the country's leading public universities be that screwed up? I love college football as much as the next crazed college football fan, but paying a guy NFL prices to coach a college team is crazy. Yes, Michigan has a ton of money in their athletic budget, but it's a fraction of what NFL teams bring in. It's no wonder the players believe they should get paid and given this, I agree with them.
12-17-2014 07:49 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Over 8 mil a year. That is insane.
12-17-2014 08:05 PM
DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
I wonder what their president makes?
12-17-2014 08:45 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Things like this just prove to me that the end of college football as we've known it for so many years is coming to an end. This has truly gotten beyond ridiculous.
12-17-2014 09:08 PM
SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
Harbaugh would turn that program around over night.
12-17-2014 10:44 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Online

I Root For: ODU
That's gross.
12-17-2014 10:45 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
His run in SF is over. They want him gone. Be a great retirement plan, as michigan is where coaches go to die.
12-17-2014 11:03 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
Seems like he's being set up to fail. You pay a guy that much and you don't really give him the benefit of the doubt if he's not winning by year 2 or 3. Pretty sure Nick Saban coming in at 7 million has a lot to do with that number, too. But then again the 'bammer fans were set to crucify him for not winning games by a big enough margin. I'd almost rather make less and be less of a puppet at the same time.
12-18-2014 12:04 AM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(12-18-2014 12:04 AM)MUther Wrote:  Seems like he's being set up to fail. You pay a guy that much and you don't really give him the benefit of the doubt if he's not winning by year 2 or 3. Pretty sure Nick Saban coming in at 7 million has a lot to do with that number, too. But then again the 'bammer fans were set to crucify him for not winning games by a big enough margin. I'd almost rather make less and be less of a puppet at the same time.

Id take the 8 million a year, hope they fire me in year 2, and collect an 8 million a year paycheck for half a decade while sitting on a beach somewhere, staring at my yacht thats anchored just off shore. Thats the life.
12-18-2014 12:12 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(12-18-2014 12:12 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  
(12-18-2014 12:04 AM)MUther Wrote:  Seems like he's being set up to fail. You pay a guy that much and you don't really give him the benefit of the doubt if he's not winning by year 2 or 3. Pretty sure Nick Saban coming in at 7 million has a lot to do with that number, too. But then again the 'bammer fans were set to crucify him for not winning games by a big enough margin. I'd almost rather make less and be less of a puppet at the same time.

Id take the 8 million a year, hope they fire me in year 2, and collect an 8 million a year paycheck for half a decade while sitting on a beach somewhere, staring at my yacht thats anchored just off shore. Thats the life.

Not if you love football, coaching, and winning. Any of these coaches could walk away after a couple years and be set for life, but it's not in them to fail. It's why they get paid what they do. It still happens, but I think in this case it's gonna be a trial by fire.
12-18-2014 12:19 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Online
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: OT: Michigan has offered Jim Harbaugh a 6 year, 49 million dollar contract
I can't believe Congressmen and Senators read these "public" employee pay rates and don't salivate over the prospect of getting their hands on that money.
12-18-2014 12:22 AM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(12-18-2014 12:19 AM)MUther Wrote:  

Not if you love football, coaching, and winning. Any of these coaches could walk away after a couple years and be set for life, but it's not in them to fail. It's why they get paid what they do. It still happens, but I think in this case it's gonna be a trial by fire.

If they just loved coaching and winning they wouldn't leave constantly fo greener pastures. Its not about that at all for most. Its about climbing the ladder and making money. Harbaugh cpuld care less if he got fired and got paid 49 million for nothing. With the decline in SF, if argue he isnt worth it. Not nearly.
12-18-2014 01:31 AM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(12-18-2014 01:31 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  

If they just loved coaching and winning they wouldn't leave constantly fo greener pastures. Its not about that at all for most. Its about climbing the ladder and making money. Harbaugh cpuld care less if he got fired and got paid 49 million for nothing. With the decline in SF, if argue he isnt worth it. Not nearly.

He's been to the NFC championship game 3 times, the Super Bowl once. Orange Bowl Champ, AP Coach of the year. He can write his own check in the NFL or College.
12-18-2014 02:00 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-18-2014 12:22 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I can't believe Congressmen and Senators read these "public" employee pay rates and don't salivate over the prospect of getting their hands on that money.

I can't believe I made it to your post....

it's that 'relative' issue (see "relative" portion of sig)

addendum: it's those 'other' relatives that are hands on

discliamer: I live in missippy

how this surprises anyone is....well....predictable....(again, see "idiocracy" portion of sig)

lmfao.....
12-18-2014 02:31 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies

Lol, usually I respect your knowledge on football, but you're way off base. First off, there is only a decline at SF because of the heights Harbaugh achieved there over the three previous years. SF sucked through, what, the 4 previous coaches? This year is still an improvement over every year Harbaugh wasn't the coach for the last 15 years. Second, the ladder coaches climb isn't about the money after a certain level. It's about having the most prestigious job they can attain. The absolute top. That top also just happens to be accompanied by more pay, a la Saban at Alabama.

However, Saban won and then got paid that. Michigan is stupid starting at that level, except for the fact that Harbaugh has proven he can develop and/or resurrect a program at both Stanford and San Francisco. Jim Harbaugh is a Michigan alumnus. He absolutely gives a damn if he fails there and he won't accept the job if he thinks that's a likely possibility no matter what the number on the check is. You really think these guys don't care about their reputation? At their alma mater, especially? I might also add that Harbaugh was more successful than Saban in the NFL and he did all right. Stanford to Michigan wouldn't be much different than LSU to Alabama in the pecking order of schools.

I think it's dumb for Michigan to pay that much and for Harbaugh to accept a job that may likely wash him out. But he won't take it just for the cash. If that was all he was interested in he would have already said yes. If he goes there he's going there to win and restore Michigan to the top of the Big Ten. He isn't going there for the paycheck.
12-18-2014 05:12 AM
Advertisement

papa_dawg Offline
Stirring Pots Since 1975

I Root For: LA Tech
Does it not seem unintelligent to anyone else that the University of Michigan administration is willing to hire a guy who's former boss hates him....AND make him the highest paid employee in the company?
12-18-2014 10:03 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-18-2014 05:12 AM)MUther Wrote:  

Lol, usually I respect your knowledge on football, but you're way off base. First off, there is only a decline at SF because of the heights Harbaugh achieved there over the three previous years. SF sucked through, what, the 4 previous coaches? This year is still an improvement over every year Harbaugh wasn't the coach for the last 15 years. Second, the ladder coaches climb isn't about the money after a certain level. It's about having the most prestigious job they can attain. The absolute top. That top also just happens to be accompanied by more pay, a la Saban at Alabama.

However, Saban won and then got paid that. Michigan is stupid starting at that level, except for the fact that Harbaugh has proven he can develop and/or resurrect a program at both Stanford and San Francisco. Jim Harbaugh is a Michigan alumnus. He absolutely gives a damn if he fails there and he won't accept the job if he thinks that's a likely possibility no matter what the number on the check is. You really think these guys don't care about their reputation? At their alma mater, especially? I might also add that Harbaugh was more successful than Saban in the NFL and he did all right. Stanford to Michigan wouldn't be much different than LSU to Alabama in the pecking order of schools.

I think it's dumb for Michigan to pay that much and for Harbaugh to accept a job that may likely wash him out. But he won't take it just for the cash. If that was all he was interested in he would have already said yes. If he goes there he's going there to win and restore Michigan to the top of the Big Ten. He isn't going there for the paycheck.

It's only the beginning my man....so many ways to break this down.....here's my twisted slant....

starting with the fabric of gluing oneself to the Hearst days, progressing to pointless TV, and now most importantly the latest craze in instantaneous communication called the internutz, there is in no way this should come as a surprise to anyone....

I'm not certain how the future will 'coin' this era (my vote goes to, "total dipshite brainwashed puppies....but that's just me).....

However, I do know the machines will not utilize empathy nor care about the 'why'

If the wolverines want to pay him that amount....well......sounds like pure 'murica capitalism to me....me calls that irony

I'm actually interested to watch this one play out.....it's one monopoly vs. the other (No Fun League) using JH as the puppet in the proving ground.....this shite is easier to predict than a Tarantino gore battle

IMO, the only ending I see is collusion to keep the 'prosperous' from being tossed to the wolves (is a tried and true method of control in macro)....the wolves will eat their own if when they have to....the uber rich hardly want to fk with the pack in today's world.....they divide and conquer....it will always work until people grow a brain......well, fk that silly notion

It always comes down to money which yields the mechanism of control....

It's not an enigma.....

disclaimer: I'm having a blast typing this bs....can barely filter through fact and fiction at this point....it's funny.....when one looks at the world today and then transitions today's technology to 1 AD.....oh, that would have been just totally yummy with "two snaps up" in the 'fake' category....

people are people.....we are dogs that can communicate better and build 'stuff'

stuff...like stuffing....like unbuckle it on 'thanks'giving.....like nobody gives a shite if you are fatter than you already know you are....

I've always said logic is awesome in theory, but it's gold that takes you to the promised land....the tangibles....well, they are tangible in 'value'

people.....people.....people, they are consistent.....

we are going to find out now how narcissistic Harbaugh actually is.....just laying the gauntlet down with "considering...." tells you all you need to know....not only is he ******* with goodell and the billionaires, but the media is going to pounce and pounce and pounce and pounce.....

At the professional level, I like how his balls hang.....He is easily the guy I would hire in the No Fun League environment (yeah, I like snyder and cuban)....however, in college ball at this point and time??? he would make the bear look like a runt cub.....his demeanor will be total fail at that level now that he has achieved 'god' status....his Stanford years are nothing more than that popped pimple on his arse in his mind.....that poor boy ain't got a clue how to dumb down his rhetoric.....they'll end hanging him....

....and I will sit on the porch and laugh my ******* ass off

welcome to today's college football boys and girls.....and you guys still buy it....lmfao
12-18-2014 11:04 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
Where exactly was the edge that you have clearly gone over? I know you like the cheeb, but those are some blackops hallucinogenics behind that last post.
12-19-2014 03:01 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Harbaugh did a great job at WKU when he was helping his dad run the program...To me he is more of a college rah rah coach...I just don't think his personality fits well in the NFL....Michigan is very smart to go after him, but if they cannot land him, then what?
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 10:05 AM by WKUFan518.)
12-19-2014 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.