Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

California giving illegals driver licenses
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
California giving illegals driver licenses
There really is no need for illegals to get licenses because California's policy has always been to do nothing to illegals when they get stopped. Also, it's obvious they've been driving anyway, so WTF? This is all just another step at givng them legitimacy in preparing them to vote.

Why do we continue to reward behavior and still expect less of it?

Quote:California Department of Motor Vehicles locations, often the bane of a driver’s existence, will be exciting places for more than 1 million Californians next month.

Effective Jan. 2, undocumented immigrants in the state will be able to obtain driver’s licenses and car insurance for the first time, following a decades-long push by the state legislature’s Latino caucus to address problems caused by so many unlicensed, uninsured motorists.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15...30608.html
12-16-2014 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: California giving illegals driver licenses
Generates revenue for the state.
12-16-2014 01:13 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(12-16-2014 01:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  There really is no need for illegals to get licenses because California's policy has always been to do nothing to illegals when they get stopped. Also, it's obvious they've been driving anyway, so WTF? This is all just another step at givng them legitimacy in preparing them to vote.

Quote:California Department of Motor Vehicles locations, often the bane of a driver’s existence, will be exciting places for more than 1 million Californians next month.

Effective Jan. 2, undocumented immigrants in the state will be able to obtain driver’s licenses and car insurance for the first time, following a decades-long push by the state legislature’s Latino caucus to address problems caused by so many unlicensed, uninsured motorists.

Your answer is right in your post.

And no, non citizens aren't allowed to vote. There is no movement anywhere that I'm aware of to change this.
12-16-2014 02:04 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(12-16-2014 01:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  California's policy has always been to do nothing to illegals when they get stopped.

Not according to this. Granted, it's a few years old...but still...

Quote:Starting on April 22, Los Angeles police will no longer impound someone's vehicle for thirty days, whether it belongs to a legal California resident or an undocumented person, if the person was caught driving without a license. This new directive will still require cars to be impounded, and the unlicensed driver will still get a citation; however, such drivers will be able to collect their cars if there was not a prior impounding offense, the car was not impounded because of a traffic accident, the car is registered and insured, a fine is paid, and they come with a licensed driver.

California Caves to Illegals
12-16-2014 02:13 PM
DrTorch Offline

(12-16-2014 02:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(12-16-2014 01:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  There really is no need for illegals to get licenses because California's policy has always been to do nothing to illegals when they get stopped. Also, it's obvious they've been driving anyway, so WTF? This is all just another step at givng them legitimacy in preparing them to vote.

And no, non citizens aren't allowed to vote. There is no movement anywhere that I'm aware of to change this.

Pfft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_fo...ent_status

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09...46717.html

http://www.ivotenyc.org/

You'd do better to check your own info instead of mine, since I'm right and you're not.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2014 02:55 PM by DrTorch.)
12-16-2014 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(12-16-2014 02:46 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(12-16-2014 02:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Pfft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_fo...ent_status

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09...46717.html

http://www.ivotenyc.org/

You'd do better to check your own info instead of mine, since I'm right and you're not.

Well, I did say that I'm aware of and I was not aware of these, so I wasn't wrong in what I said, at all. That being said, I was only referring to voting in national elections, but yes I could have made that more clear so sorry. Also, I'd hardly classify these few things by a couple people as a "movement". Bottom line, non-citizens will never be allowed to vote in national elections and clearly you'd agree with that if you're being honest.

And of course you never made any original point regarding the voting issue so I fail to see why you are claiming you were right about anything regarding it.

But I do agree with you that this is also being done as a state revenue generator.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2014 03:43 PM by Redwingtom.)
12-16-2014 03:41 PM
DrTorch Offline

(12-16-2014 03:41 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Well, I did say that I'm aware of and I was not aware of these, so I wasn't wrong in what I said, at all.

True...

Quote: That being said, I was only referring to voting in national elections, but yes I could have made that more clear so sorry. [Also, I'd hardly classify these few things by a couple people as a "movement".

I don't know about that. Hayduk is certainly keeping things going, and obviously the NY issue keeps returning, year after year. And getting bigger press.

Quote: Bottom line, non-citizens will never be allowed to vote in national elections and clearly you'd agree with that if you're being honest.

Clearly? These things typically start at low levels and work their way up. Mechanism is obvious, those political candidates get their start at lower offices, then start working the system to change the rules. Voters "see no problem" w/ those individuals at lower levels figure it's fine to move them up. Young voters "never knew anything different" so they support such a measure.

So I'm not sure what you mean by "if you're being honest." Twenty years ago people never would have dreamed gay marriage would be forced on states.

Quote:And of course you never made any original point regarding the voting issue so I fail to see why you are claiming you were right about anything regarding it.

Other threads.

Quote:But I do agree with you that this is also being done as a state revenue generator.

Yes, the easy answer shouldn't be ignored. Those state employees are looking to get paid however.
12-16-2014 03:51 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Another step to citizenship without having any consequences for their criminal behavior. Next up...voting. You can almost bet on it.
12-16-2014 05:47 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(12-16-2014 03:51 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Clearly? These things typically start at low levels and work their way up. Mechanism is obvious, those political candidates get their start at lower offices, then start working the system to change the rules. Voters "see no problem" w/ those individuals at lower levels figure it's fine to move them up. Young voters "never knew anything different" so they support such a measure.

So I'm not sure what you mean by "if you're being honest." Twenty years ago people never would have dreamed gay marriage would be forced on states.

Very well said.
12-16-2014 07:14 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(12-16-2014 05:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Another step to citizenship without having any consequences for their criminal behavior. Next up...voting. You can almost bet on it.

There will be a day when 300,000 Mexican nationals crowd together in front of the Lincoln Memorial and demand the right to vote, while waving Mexican flags.

And the msm will have an orgasm.
12-16-2014 07:57 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(12-16-2014 07:57 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  
(12-16-2014 05:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Another step to citizenship without having any consequences for their criminal behavior. Next up...voting. You can almost bet on it.

There will be a day when 300,000 Mexican nationals crowd together in front of the Lincoln Memorial and demand the right to vote, while waving Mexican flags.

Of course. They will most likely stage the largest naturalization ceremony in history....all conducted in Spanish.
12-16-2014 09:25 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(12-16-2014 09:25 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(12-16-2014 07:57 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

Of course. They will most likely stage the largest naturalization ceremony in history....all conducted in Spanish.

I was thinking they would have no interest in becoming U.S. citizens. They'll want to remain Mexican citizens; they'll just want the right to vote in the U.S.

This will happen.
12-17-2014 06:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.