Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

One positive
Bookmark and Share
83msu Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS!
One positive
The team never quit. They played hard. You could sense the crowd wanting to cheer them on and help out especially when they got within 2, then 9.
12-13-2014 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: One positive
(12-13-2014 09:45 PM)83msu Wrote:  The team never quit. They played hard. You could sense the crowd wanting to cheer them on and help out especially when they got within 2, then 9.

Some of the players didn't quit. There really wasn't a team on the floor today. Would surprise the hell out of people if they knew we dominated the boards and scored just as many baskets as OSU. Difference is they did it as a team we did it with a number of players getting their own on their own.

Too many time we came across half court and either had a single pass or no pass before we took a bad shot.
12-13-2014 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

They are a scrappy bunch. Lost, but scrappy.
12-13-2014 09:55 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
Your Right One Postive, This game is over....Probably More of the Same next game though....How hard is it to Yell and Raise your voice and get your point across to kids out there...He doesn't have to cuss them but raise his voice and yell at them, and be assertive, and downright be mad would be a huge start....Will he do this probably not...The World Is Ours Memphis...
12-13-2014 09:56 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
A light could still turn on this year. The odds don't look great. But we have some time to get more stuff together. That's about the best spin I can put on it right now.

Meantime...we hang in. Go Tigers. Go Memphis. I think I'll buy another Miami child a ticket to see our Tigers. 04-cheers
12-13-2014 10:04 PM
tigers1985 Offline
Spectacular

I Root For: Tigers
DonatorsDonators
It's tough to see players with as much ability play so bad. Quite a bit of it is the gelling process. Alot of it is something else. I'm thinking 14 wins and no postseason at this point. Been a long time since I saw that. It's bad.
12-13-2014 11:43 PM
JhanJo Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
I was trying to remember the last time I saw a tiger team that struggled like this team. The team with Cedric Henderson, Deuce Ford and Johnny Miller was full of talent but being freshmen, they ended up with a losing record. I don't remember it being as bad as this team seems to be.
12-14-2014 12:08 AM
Advertisement

Chirs Offline
Banned

There are no positives.

Josh Pasnter is flushing our basketball program down the toilet.
12-14-2014 12:56 AM
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

(12-14-2014 12:56 AM)Chirs Wrote:  There are no positives.

How many screen names does this make for you?
12-14-2014 02:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
I just can't tell how much of tonight i thought to be bad coaching. I mean, we shot awful, couldn't hit a layup, and guys were passing it at guys that weren't looking. None of those can really be coached.
12-14-2014 02:57 AM
Advertisement

TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
MyBB RE: One positive
(12-14-2014 02:57 AM)uofmcamaro Wrote:  I just can't tell how much of tonight i thought to be bad coaching. I mean, we shot awful, couldn't hit a layup, and guys were passing it at guys that weren't looking. None of those can really be coached.

04-cheers 100% in agreement. Mostly on the players.
12-14-2014 08:48 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(12-14-2014 02:29 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(12-14-2014 12:56 AM)Chirs Wrote:  There are no positives.

How many screen names does this make for you?

More than a half dozen; thankfully most with the same result.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 08:51 AM by Stammers.)
12-14-2014 08:50 AM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TIGERS
Hate to say it. It's not just the players.
How many times did one of their bigs get behind our d for a dunk or layup?
This is a simple in game adjustment if it's recognized by a coaching staff.
However, this is a problem that goes even farther back than this season.

Therefore, it's on the staff to coach.

Our players ARE NOT collectively stupid year after year. They are doing what they are coached to do. AND they play their hearts out.
12-14-2014 11:20 AM
Advertisement

uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
One positive
I'm not going to argue that at all. I do think we feel that our players, when recruited, are better than they are....but coaching growth helps there too.

I'm not one of the "Pastner is fantastic" types nor am I a "blame the players" type. There is a good mixture of problem with both subjects and both groups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
12-14-2014 12:19 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(12-14-2014 02:57 AM)uofmcamaro Wrote:  I just can't tell how much of tonight i thought to be bad coaching. I mean, we shot awful, couldn't hit a layup, and guys were passing it at guys that weren't looking. None of those can really be coached.

Honestly. I think we'd be better off if he just "rollled" the ball out there and said play. We are trying to run "stuff", but it seems to be "stuff" that is not executed well and that is easy to scout and defend. The offense seems to be forced and doesnt seem to be a system within which the players can just play basketball. Some of this is due to he youth and inexperience of our team, if you dont fully understand what you are trying to do, you have to think your way thru it, and you arent able to just react and take advantage of what the defense might give you. Much of it is due to Pastner's apparent inability to teach it effectively to the players.

In addition, we dont play tough hard-nosed defense. Thhis means that our offense doesnt practice against tough, hard-nosed defense. Thus, when we play against a team that plays tough defense, it is unable to execute.

When is the last time we had someone go backdoor when a defender was playing overly aggressive off-ball defense? If you dont make them pay for doing so, your offense is throttled.
12-14-2014 12:31 PM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(12-14-2014 12:31 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  When is the last time we had someone go backdoor when a defender was playing overly aggressive off-ball defense?

You would think they could learn by example, as many examples as they had done on them last night.
12-14-2014 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.