Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tigers = 1 big blooper reel
Bookmark and Share
M_Tiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
And another double digit defeat at home to an unranked team.
12-13-2014 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Tigers = 1 big blooper reel
(12-13-2014 07:57 PM)M_Tiger Wrote:  And another double digit defeat at home to an unranked team.

I've never seen so many guys that can't hold/dribble/catch the ball.
12-13-2014 09:56 PM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(12-13-2014 09:56 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  
(12-13-2014 07:57 PM)M_Tiger Wrote:  And another double digit defeat at home to an unranked team.

I've never seen so many guys that can't shoot the ball from 3 feet.

I've never seen so many guys that can't see when the defender is in position to intercept a pass.

I've never seen so many 6'-8" guys that can't dunk the ball.

I've never seen so many guys that can't keep their eyes on the man they're guarding.

I've never seen so many guys that can't comprehend that you have to move and give your teammate a clear outlet to pass the ball.
12-14-2014 12:35 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
Where is the blooper reel?
Link please.
12-14-2014 03:14 PM
Trapper John Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
I understand the heat that Coach is getting right now, but when your offensive scheme yields multiple open looks at the basketball and multiple open layups at the rim, is it really the coaching staff's fault that those shots don't go in? We shot around (and below) 30% from the field for most of the game, with a lot of those being very makeable shots. And, we shot around 50% for most of the game from the free-throw line. We have a major issue with scoring, but the real issue doesn't seem to be with the offensive sets we run.
12-14-2014 03:27 PM
Advertisement

Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
We are having scoring droughts. Even the announcers said so. Once we fix that we are golden. And that is NOt on the coaching staff much to the dismay of the sunshine squelchers around here.
12-14-2014 03:32 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(12-14-2014 03:32 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  We are having scoring droughts. Even the announcers said so. Once we fix that we are golden. And that is NOt on the coaching staff much to the dismay of the sunshine squelchers around here.

23-8
12-14-2014 03:33 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Time's up. That's what we all pretty much agree on.
Pick the PG, the rest of the starters and make it so.

I've gone back and forth about who should be cultivated as our floor general, depending on the live games I've seen...which was only two, so my eye-test opinion is bunk.

But I still have very good reasons for liking Pookie: No one has ever misspelled his name. He's more fun to watch. He will execute bounce passes when the spacing gets better. He doesn't wanna be a muscician. Damon liked him. It's fun to argue about whether we should call him the Pookster. Plus he is very evenly balanced physically which means less injury prone.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 03:52 PM by snowtiger.)
12-14-2014 03:51 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2014 12:35 PM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  

I've never seen so many guys that can't see when the defender is in position to intercept a pass.

I've never seen so many guys that can't keep their eyes on the man they're guarding.

I've never seen so many guys that can't comprehend that you have to move and give your teammate a clear outlet to pass the ball.

At one point I had counted 8 entry passes to Austin or Shaq that were stolen. Telegraphed and lofted in with no zip. That's a potential 16 points on entry passes alone.
12-14-2014 03:57 PM
Advertisement

hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(12-14-2014 03:57 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

At one point I had counted 8 entry passes to Austin or Shaq that were stolen. Telegraphed and lofted in with no zip. That's a potential 16 points on entry passes alone.

Couple that with the 4-5 layups that OSU got off of their screens on the low block and you have your ballgame.
12-14-2014 04:18 PM
springcat Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(12-14-2014 03:14 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  Where is the blooper reel?
Link please.

That's why I tuned in
12-14-2014 08:06 PM
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2014 03:51 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Time's up. That's what we all pretty much agree on.
Pick the PG, the rest of the starters and make it so.

I've gone back and forth about who should be cultivated as our floor general, depending on the live games I've seen...which was only two, so my eye-test opinion is bunk.

But I still have very good reasons for liking Pookie: No one has ever misspelled his name. He's more fun to watch. He will execute bounce passes when the spacing gets better. He doesn't wanna be a muscician. Damon liked him. It's fun to argue about whether we should call him the Pookster. Plus he is very evenly balanced physically which means less injury prone.

Well, that settles it....Pookie it is. LOL.
12-14-2014 09:05 PM
dgold38 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: memphis
(12-14-2014 03:27 PM)Trapper John Wrote:  I understand the heat that Coach is getting right now, but when your offensive scheme yields multiple open looks at the basketball and multiple open layups at the rim, is it really the coaching staff's fault that those shots don't go in? We shot around (and below) 30% from the field for most of the game, with a lot of those being very makeable shots. And, we shot around 50% for most of the game from the free-throw line. We have a major issue with scoring, but the real issue doesn't seem to be with the offensive sets we run.

what offensive schemes? Most of them were missed on offensive rebounds. There are no offensive schemes at all. They run a pick and roll and never get past the first option and some sort of spacing offense that seems like a zone offense, but they do it in against the man to man or zone. I challenge you to show me where the offensive scheme is producing layups.

Breaking a man down off the dribble is not an offensive scheme, beating the press and getting a dunk is not part of an offensive scheme.

WHAT OFFENSIVE SCHEME PLEASE EXPLAIN.
12-15-2014 12:56 AM
Advertisement

blutgr39 Offline
Special Teams

(12-14-2014 03:27 PM)Trapper John Wrote:  I understand the heat that Coach is getting right now, but when your offensive scheme yields multiple open looks at the basketball and multiple open layups at the rim, is it really the coaching staff's fault that those shots don't go in? We shot around (and below) 30% from the field for most of the game, with a lot of those being very makeable shots. And, we shot around 50% for most of the game from the free-throw line. We have a major issue with scoring, but the real issue doesn't seem to be with the offensive sets we run.
Yes it is his fault. He signed them.
12-15-2014 01:39 AM
FCBE TIGER Offline
1st String

Link please.

Watch any game against a quality opponent.
12-15-2014 02:18 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

I've never seen so many guys that are so poorly coached. Pastner may be a great guy, but he's one hell of a joke as a coach. Time for new direction for our Tiger basketball program.
12-15-2014 09:26 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

Link please.

No link needed. Go to a game and you'll see all the blooper reals you need to see.
12-15-2014 09:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.