Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Easy $
Bookmark and Share
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
Easy $
Hate betting against my team but this one was a no brainier.
12-13-2014 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerpride96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Easy $
You're telling me. I've made more money from betting on Memphis over the past few years than 95% of people make in 1 or 2 years.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 08:06 PM by tigerpride96.)
12-13-2014 08:05 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
yeah, cuz that is what real fans of their programs do....bet against their teams to lose.
It is one thing to hate Pastner...another thing to bet against YOUR team.
It isn't Josh's team..it is Memphis' team.
The Tigers team will still be here 100 years after Josh Pastner is dead and buried.
12-13-2014 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(12-13-2014 08:12 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  yeah, cuz that is what real fans of their programs do....bet against their teams to lose.
The Tigers team will still be here 100 years after Josh Pastner is dead and buried.

1) I don't hate pastner
2) not sure what a "real fan" is but I have season tix in both sports and put my ass in the seats
3) you have no way of knowing of the team will be here 100 years from now because chances are none of us will be
4) it was easy money - if this were the stock market it would be similar to me buying stock in a company or vertical that I'm familiar with
5) the "easy $" only put a dent in the tiger scholarship fund and donations I make yearly. Plus easy $ isnt tax deductible
6) and I will always hate betting against my team and rarely do it but business is business.

Careful gettng off that high horse, I don't want you to get hurt.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 08:56 PM by tiger2000.)
12-13-2014 08:54 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(12-13-2014 08:54 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(12-13-2014 08:12 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  yeah, cuz that is what real fans of their programs do....bet against their teams to lose.

1) I don't hate pastner
2) not sure what a "real fan" is but I have season tix in both sports and put my ass in the seats
3) you have no way of knowing of the team will be here 100 years from now because chances are none of us will be
4) it was easy money - if this were the stock market it would be similar to me buying stock in a company or vertical that I'm familiar with
5) the "easy $" only put a dent in the tiger scholarship fund and donations I make yearly. Plus easy $ isnt tax deductible
6) and I will always hate betting against my team and rarely do it but business is business.

Dayum

Drops mic
12-13-2014 09:29 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2014 08:05 PM)tigerpride96 Wrote:  You're telling me. I've made more money from betting on Memphis over the past few years than 95% of people make in 1 or 2 years.

Eyes rolling.
12-13-2014 09:38 PM
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

1) I don't hate pastner

any way you want to rationalize it, a real fan wouldn't bet against their team... they'd be there cheering them on like HELL for them to win. No.Matter.What.
Real fans are part of that small contingent who always love & follow their team whether they win or lose. (See the 4100 for example.)
Good teams AND coaches have bad seasons. It happens.
See Bobby Huggins. Bob Knight. John Calipari. Mike Krzyzewski.
Buying tickets to the games doesn't make you a fan...there are people who do that hoping to see the team lose.
Oh wait--
12-14-2014 12:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(12-14-2014 12:04 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  

1) I don't hate pastner

any way you want to rationalize it, a real fan wouldn't bet against their team... they'd be there cheering them on like HELL for them to win. No.Matter.What.
Real fans are part of that small contingent who always love & follow their team whether they win or lose. (See the 4100 for example.)
Buying tickets to the games doesn't make you a fan...there are people who do that hoping to see the team lose.
Oh wait--

I don't ever hope the Tigers lose.

I hear paragraph breaks are on the upswing. My advice is to invest in those and pork bellies.
12-14-2014 12:10 AM
JhanJo Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
(12-14-2014 12:10 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

1) I don't hate pastner

Oh wait--

I hear paragraph breaks are on the upswing. My advice is to invest in those and pork bellies.

So then you hope to lose your money? Seems a bit strange to me.

I can't bet against a team I root for, especially if I am attending the game. It makes it difficult to enjoy the game.
12-14-2014 12:15 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(12-14-2014 12:15 AM)JhanJo Wrote:  

1) I don't hate pastner

Oh wait--

I can't bet against a team I root for, especially if I am attending the game. It makes it difficult to enjoy the game.

Never bet $ you cant stand to lose but always bet smart.

I don't think this one will make sense to you.
12-14-2014 12:20 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

Ah,the favorite retort of someone being called out...try to put them in their place by by pointing out grammatical mistakes or sentence structure.
You still have to look in a mirror an realize that you aren't a real fan. Doe.
12-14-2014 12:24 AM
Advertisement

tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(12-14-2014 12:24 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Ah,the favorite retort of someone being called out...try to put them in their place by by pointing out grammatical mistakes or sentence structure.

I gave you a free education tonight and you focused on the absolute least important thing that was said.

Goodnight john boy.
12-14-2014 12:31 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

(12-14-2014 12:31 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(12-14-2014 12:24 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Ah,the favorite retort of someone being called out...try to put them in their place by by pointing out grammatical mistakes or sentence structure.

I gave you a free education tonight and you focused on the absolute least important thing that was said.

Goodnight john boy.

I have an education. I'm a network administrator. Phi Theta Kappa no less.
I'm typing on a 7 inch notebook with notoriously bad keys the Eee PC 701sd. I type simply, because the machine isn't easy to type on, and well you know simple minded folks post here.

*edit* I also tutor folks with using Microsoft Office & Windows 8 in CIT 105 & 130, as well as Programming Logic and Design. I still find time to run a charity for disadvantaged children in Madisonville,KY by fixing up and donating desktop computers. I've given away over 300 to date.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 12:45 AM by EarthBoundMisfit.)
12-14-2014 12:40 AM
JhanJo Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
(12-14-2014 12:20 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(12-13-2014 08:54 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  1) I don't hate pastner

Oh wait--

What doesn't make sense to me is investing my time, energy and resources into something and then betting against it.
12-14-2014 12:40 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

(12-14-2014 12:40 AM)JhanJo Wrote:  
(12-14-2014 12:20 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  
(12-14-2014 12:04 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  any way you want to rationalize it, a real fan wouldn't bet against their team... they'd be there cheering them on like HELL for them to win. No.Matter.What.
Oh wait--

What doesn't make sense to me is investing my time, energy and resources into something and then betting against it.

Amen!
12-14-2014 12:46 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
Vegas has probably just caught up after stepping in front of this train wreck again....
12-14-2014 12:48 AM
Advertisement

Chirs Offline
Banned

We are a joke.

Thank you Josh Pastner.
12-14-2014 12:53 AM
tigerpride96 Offline
Banned

I live in Vegas. This has been easy money. Watch every game since I was 11 over 30 years now. It's just smart betting. If your eyes are rolling that's your problem.
12-14-2014 12:53 AM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Would you bet against your child's high school team? Just curious where you draw the line in these matters.

Because I consider these players the same as my children when it comes to loyalty and I wouldn't bet against my children.
12-14-2014 12:54 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

(12-14-2014 12:53 AM)Chirs Wrote:  I am a joke.

Thank you Josh Pastner.

FIFY
12-14-2014 12:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.