Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maryland grand jury refuses to indict officer who killed man with downs syndrome
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Maryland grand jury refuses to indict officer who killed man with downs syndrome
http://alternativemediasyndicate.com/201...ndictment/

Unarmed man with downs syndrome killed for refusing to leave a movie theater. It isn't as if they couldn't tell that the guy had issues from day 1.
12-12-2014 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
RE: Maryland grand jury refuses to indict officer who killed man with downs syndrome
wow. why wasn't he allowed to see the movie again in the first place?

edit: and what the f*ck is this?

Quote:Saylor’s parents said they were “extremely disappointed and saddened and concerned.”
it's not like their favorite sports team just lost the big game
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 02:04 PM by Lush.)
12-12-2014 02:01 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Maryland grand jury refuses to indict officer who killed man with downs syndrome
Heartbreaking.
12-12-2014 02:07 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It's interesting that this isn't inciting riots. A truly harmless individual is killed with a physical and mental retardation and hardly a peep. A black drag on society is killed and suddenly we have outbursts of hopelessness that burn buildings to the ground.
12-12-2014 02:12 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
Poor guy. Is this part true?

Because of his large size, the officers say they had to use three sets of handcuffs on him and placed him on his stomach for “one to two minutes”. When he showed signs of distress, officers said they administered CPR and other First Aid.

I also wonder if this is what we're going to see in every story that comes out now, which involves the police.

Once again, police and prosecutors have proven that when there is no weapon, they will grasp at any explanation to explain why it is the victim’s fault that they died from police brutality.

Sad story nonetheless.
12-12-2014 02:14 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(12-12-2014 02:12 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's interesting that this isn't inciting riots. A truly harmless individual is killed with a physical and mental retardation and hardly a peep. A black drag on society is killed and suddenly we have outbursts of hopelessness that burn buildings to the ground.

What kind of attention would this ever get for the sourpuss squeaks out there?
12-12-2014 02:16 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
How many more times does this have to happen before we realize that this isn't just a coincidence?
12-12-2014 02:18 PM
DrTorch Offline

(12-12-2014 02:12 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's interesting that this isn't inciting riots. A truly harmless individual is killed with a physical and mental retardation and hardly a peep. A black drag on society is killed and suddenly we have outbursts of hopelessness that burn buildings to the ground.

Yeah, there was at least some outrage in San Jose(?) when a homeless man was killed there.
12-12-2014 02:19 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2014 02:16 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

What kind of attention would this ever get for the sourpuss squeaks out there?

I would be more sympathetic to riots over this than the scumbag Brown.
12-12-2014 02:19 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

i wouldn't say he couldn't be harmless, but folks with that handicap can become violent to no fault of their own. i don't have any background or training in their situation, only a cousin with downs and it isn't exactly easy to reason with them. but his parents trusted him enough to go out alone. obviously the police weren't the right people to call
12-12-2014 02:24 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2014 02:24 PM)Lush Wrote:  

i wouldn't say he couldn't be harmless, but folks with that handicap can become violent to no fault of their own. i don't have any background or training in their situation, only a cousin with downs and it isn't exactly easy to reason with them. but his parents trusted him enough to go out alone. obviously the police weren't the right people to call

My cousin is Downs as well. He can get agitated but even at that he doesn't have the capacity to intentionally harm somebody.

That said, if we as taxpayers are paying for damn tazers and the cops want them so they don't have to wrestle folks why they constantly choose to wrestle them? That alone should form some of the requisite intent in my opinion.
12-12-2014 02:28 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
This site says cops killed over 1000 people this year

http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/09/more-t...n-killed-b

And they link to this spreadsheet

http://www.killedbypolice.net/
12-12-2014 02:37 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(12-12-2014 02:28 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

My cousin is Downs as well. He can get agitated but even at that he doesn't have the capacity to intentionally harm somebody.

That said, if we as taxpayers are paying for damn tazers and the cops want them so they don't have to wrestle folks why they constantly choose to wrestle them? That alone should form some of the requisite intent in my opinion.

word. they could have also sent a social worker or the guy's parents and let police do actual police work. what harm could there have been to letting the guy view a second screening? you have an unusual circumstance and your resolve is to forcibly remove a person with downs from a theater? like mlb said, he clearly had downs. perhaps kathryn bigelow (the movie's director) will take notice
12-12-2014 02:50 PM
DrTorch Offline

(12-12-2014 02:50 PM)Lush Wrote:  

word. they could have also sent a social worker or the guy's parents and let police do actual police work. what harm could there have been to letting the guy view a second screening?

That's the thing. The destruction of community and neighborhood hurts in ways people don't see right away.

If this was a neighborhood theater, the manager probably would have let the guy stay for 2-3 showings, and been happy to do it. Parents probably would have made it up by buying their son lots of overpriced popcorn.

Community is important. Leftists know it, and they constantly work to undermine it.
12-12-2014 03:08 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
There's not a lot of information on the incident.
12-12-2014 03:13 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I went to Destin Beach with my ex once, she had a nephew with Downs. He had a crush on her and had to be held back from trying to attack me for being there with her lol. Those guys have no idea how strong they are either. Also, my grandma used to rent half of her house out, and rented it to an weird old woman with a son that had it. I went over there to visit my grandma and James had her pinned down in her chair threatening to kill her for no reason at all.
12-12-2014 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(12-12-2014 03:08 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 02:50 PM)Lush Wrote:  

word. they could have also sent a social worker or the guy's parents and let police do actual police work. what harm could there have been to letting the guy view a second screening?

That's the thing. The destruction of community and neighborhood hurts in ways people don't see right away.

If this was a neighborhood theater, the manager probably would have let the guy stay for 2-3 showings, and been happy to do it. Parents probably would have made it up by buying their son lots of overpriced popcorn.

Community is important. Leftists know it, and they constantly work to undermine it.

Dude, why? Why in everything must you look to find a right vs. left issue?

12-12-2014 03:35 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

There was a mall cop in Georgia that lost his job for tazing a woman that kept pushing him while her kids called him gay. She had stolen something and wouldn't return it. So that tells me that no matter what a cop does, it's gonna be considered brutality. Because of the media, they have no way of keeping people in check anymore. The person has to be completely cooperative for there not to be controversy, granted, some times it IS brutality, but not all the time.
12-12-2014 03:38 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(12-12-2014 03:13 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  There's not a lot of information on the incident.

there's not, but with a person with downs, does there have to be? there should have been a light that came on with the police saying, "i'm not qualified for this situation. standard operation procedure doesn't apply."
12-12-2014 03:38 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(12-12-2014 03:35 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Dude, why? Why in everything must you look to find a right vs. left issue?

You should drop that line to john0, lazy tom, and um2001grad.
12-12-2014 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.