Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question to MAC fans
Bookmark and Share
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Exclamation Question to MAC fans
The AAC is very much committed to a 12 member league and with the unsettling rumors that the AAC could potentially lose 1-2 members to the B12, the American will be in hot pursuit for future replacement/s.

My questions to you MAC fans

1. Which current program/s in the MAC has a football stadium over 30k capacity???

2. Which MAC program/s has a strong following fan base???

3. Which MAC program/s has a respectful football history???

4. Program market size???

Appreciate the information guys as I believe football is gonna play a huge roll in deciding who the next future member the American top choice/s will be. 04-cheers 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 10:26 PM by BigHouston.)
12-11-2014 09:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
RE: Question to MAC fans
(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  2. Which MAC program/s has a strong rabbit fan base???

[Image: 10-reasons-rescue-rabbits-rule-thinkstoc...53x200.jpg]
12-11-2014 09:58 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
[Image: Rabbitattack.jpg]

My rabbit is more rabbit than your rabbit. Although NIU may be a Hare better.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 10:05 AM by Okie Chippewa.)
12-11-2014 10:05 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(12-11-2014 09:58 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  2. Which MAC program/s has a strong rabbit fan base???

[Image: 10-reasons-rescue-rabbits-rule-thinkstoc...53x200.jpg]

I actually think you guys could make the list.
12-11-2014 10:06 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  The AAC is very much committed to a 12 member league and with the unsettling rumors that the AAC could potentially lose 1-2 members to the B12, the American will be in hot pursuit for future replacement/s.

1. Which current program/s in the MAC has a football stadium over 30k capacity???

2. Which MAC program/s has a strong rabbit fan base???

Appreciate the information guys as I believe football is gonna play a huge roll in deciding who the next future member the American top choice/s will be. 04-cheers 04-cheers

Welcome to the MAC board, AAC Commissioner! 04-cheers

I'll let others respond as I'm not sure, I think WMU has a stadium bigger than 30K? Buffalo?

We don't have many rabbits in DeKalb, and apparently not that many rabid fans either (but who wants fans that foam at the mouth anyway?). NIU gets decent ratings when on TV, of course we have to play at odd hours to get on TV, practically mixed in with late night infomercials.

Buffalo and NIU would have the biggest potential markets I guess but the Chicago media ignores NIU and I don't think the AAC would change that.
12-11-2014 10:11 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(12-11-2014 10:11 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  The AAC is very much committed to a 12 member league and with the unsettling rumors that the AAC could potentially lose 1-2 members to the B12, the American will be in hot pursuit for future replacement/s.

Buffalo and NIU would have the biggest potential markets I guess but the Chicago media ignores NIU and I don't think the AAC would change that.

03-lmfao 03-lmfao Thanks for the Commissioner part 04-cheers

As for NIU in the AAC... I think programs like Houston, UCF, UConn, USF, Navy coming to NIU regularly will definitely help the locals interest.

But what do I know 04-cheers
12-11-2014 10:21 PM
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

As a Houston fan, here hope no movements are made, but I think many already know Cincinnati is next in line to joining one of the p5 conferences and if it happens, someonewill be invited, IMHO.
12-11-2014 10:43 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
EMU has a stadium near 30,000 and they have a very respectful football history. No one treats opponents with more respect than EMU.
12-11-2014 10:50 PM
Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron Zips
I nominate Toledo for best all-around conference transfer potential. Ohio U. has a good alumni following but no metro market per se.
12-11-2014 11:37 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:1. Which current program/s in the MAC has a football stadium over 30k capacity???

- WMU can go over 35k given the grasslands. Will get near 40k in the MSU game to kick off next year in Kalamazoo.
- UMass will have about that. In Gillette stadium of course in the mean time, it holds almost 70k.
- Buffalo, CMU, and EMU hold 30k+
- Toledo can hit a bit over 30k in overflow I'm assuming; they're officially close, and every stadium can overflow

Quote:2. Which MAC program/s has a strong RABBIT fan base???

- Depends on who's dominating. It cumms and goes, depending on how well they're doing for the most part.
- Right now? NIU probably has the strongest. They halfway took over NW's stadium earlier this year. WMU, Toledo, and CMU can get pretty strong when doing well. Possibly Miami-OH too.

Quote:3. Which MAC program/s has a respectful football history???

Oh, nobody has a respectful football history. It's all disrespectful as your question assumed. 03-wink

Quote:4. Program market size???

You mean the best city/area? I would assume NIU given they'd hit the Chicago area and have a big name for themselves already in the G5 market. Buffalo's always seemed pretty decent, too. Lots of pride in that city and it's a semi-big city. WMU & CMU are shadows of the UM/MSU market here in Michigan. However, joining the AAC would amp that up, and I would objectively say WMU since they're in a populated area unlike CMU in Mt Pleasant, out in the boonies. Toledo though would probably be above them, as they're a big city and have always had a good football team.

NIU is expanding their stadium and marketing -- and are a big name. If you didn't think that was an obvious 1st choice without some exception that stands out without anyone knowing, I'm shocked. :)

Second, I would assume, would be Toledo. Basically NIU & Toledo would be the first choices out of the MAC, I would assume. If Ohio was closer to a bigger market, they'd probably be a choice. Buffalo would probably be a choice after that, followed close behind by WMU.
12-11-2014 11:58 PM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  1. Which current program/s in the MAC has a football stadium over 30k capacity???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCA...l_stadiums

(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  3. Which MAC program/s has a respectful football history???
http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/reco...by=Win+Pct
12-12-2014 12:14 AM
Advertisement

Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  My questions to you MAC fans

2. Which MAC program/s has a strong following fan base???

1. Eastern Michigan
2. None
3. Miami, Toledo, Bowling Green, Central Michigan,......... in that order
4. Last time a conference that had Houston in it (C-USA) had Cincinnati leave (2004 - UC left for the Big East), your conference invited Miami and Toledo. Both are still in the MAC.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 12:23 AM by Miami (Oh) Yeah !.)
12-12-2014 12:21 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
(12-11-2014 10:21 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 10:11 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

03-lmfao 03-lmfao Thanks for the Commissioner part 04-cheers

As for NIU in the AAC... I think programs like Houston, UCF, UConn, USF, Navy coming to NIU regularly will definitely help the locals interest.

But what do I know 04-cheers

Navy would be the only program of those 4 that would generate any interest, maybe UCF but they will also be high on the B12 list and should be ahead of Memphis
12-12-2014 12:26 AM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
(12-11-2014 09:53 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  <snip>

<snip>

I'm sure that Kent State's Dix Stadium has a capacity well over 30k. I've been at games where the stands have been about one-tenth full, and they've announced the attendence as 15k
12-12-2014 07:40 AM
barr_b2 Offline
Super Genius

I Root For: Toledo

DonatorsDonators
(12-11-2014 11:58 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  If Ohio was closer to a bigger market, they'd probably be a choice. Buffalo would probably be a choice after that, followed close behind by WMU.

Cue Kit Kat/Louis Kitton rant...
12-12-2014 10:02 AM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
If Toledo and NIU go together, maybe NIU fans can be happy as then they'll be official rivals going together since Toledo and BG wont be as big any longer

(12-11-2014 11:58 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:1. Which current program/s in the MAC has a football stadium over 30k capacity???

- WMU can go over 35k given the grasslands. Will get near 40k in the MSU game to kick off next year in Kalamazoo.
- UMass will have about that. In Gillette stadium of course in the mean time, it holds almost 70k.
- Buffalo, CMU, and EMU hold 30k+
- Toledo can hit a bit over 30k in overflow I'm assuming; they're officially close, and every stadium can overflow

Quote:2. Which MAC program/s has a strong RABBIT fan base???

- Depends on who's dominating. It cumms and goes, depending on how well they're doing for the most part.
- Right now? NIU probably has the strongest. They halfway took over NW's stadium earlier this year. WMU, Toledo, and CMU can get pretty strong when doing well. Possibly Miami-OH too.

Quote:3. Which MAC program/s has a respectful football history???

Oh, nobody has a respectful football history. It's all disrespectful as your question assumed. 03-wink

Quote:4. Program market size???

You mean the best city/area? I would assume NIU given they'd hit the Chicago area and have a big name for themselves already in the G5 market. Buffalo's always seemed pretty decent, too. Lots of pride in that city and it's a semi-big city. WMU & CMU are shadows of the UM/MSU market here in Michigan. However, joining the AAC would amp that up, and I would objectively say WMU since they're in a populated area unlike CMU in Mt Pleasant, out in the boonies. Toledo though would probably be above them, as they're a big city and have always had a good football team.

NIU is expanding their stadium and marketing -- and are a big name. If you didn't think that was an obvious 1st choice without some exception that stands out without anyone knowing, I'm shocked. :)

Second, I would assume, would be Toledo. Basically NIU & Toledo would be the first choices out of the MAC, I would assume. If Ohio was closer to a bigger market, they'd probably be a choice. Buffalo would probably be a choice after that, followed close behind by WMU.
12-12-2014 10:51 AM
Advertisement

EmeryZach Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UMASS
If you invite us, we will build.

Love, UMass
12-12-2014 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
An NIU and Toledo package would probably be the best option if the AAC lost Cinci and one other. I don't mind the MAC but personally think the AAC is a better league and would have no issues with NIU moving there. Toledo could then officially become a rival as previously mentioned.
12-12-2014 12:37 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
It would make no sense , no sense at all for Toledo and NIU to leave the MAC to join the AAC. No real benefit to doing that
12-12-2014 01:04 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
(12-12-2014 01:04 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  It would make no sense , no sense at all for Toledo and NIU to leave the MAC to join the AAC. No real benefit to doing that
Please, everybody ignore him. Nobody take the bait.
12-12-2014 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.