Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Playoffs
Bookmark and Share
Enaiu Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Playoffs
Just curious about who people want to win... Or if you guys will even watch it at all.

Choices (in case you missed it somehow):

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State
12-11-2014 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

yesman815 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Playoffs
Oregon beats FSU by 20+
Bama beats OSU by 14+

Then oregon beats Bama by 7
12-11-2014 09:54 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
Not until we have a hoops style tourney...all conference champs + some at larges
12-11-2014 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Don't know if I'll watch. If they had 8 teams I'd consider it a playoff, and then I'd watch. Out of that batch, I guess I'd hope Oregon wins.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 09:58 PM by NIU007.)
12-11-2014 09:58 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(12-11-2014 09:58 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  Don't know if I'll watch. If they had 8 teams I'd consider it a playoff, and then I'd watch. Out of that batch, I guess I'd hope Oregon wins.

+1 not really a playoff imo, yawn fest
12-11-2014 10:03 PM
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

Playoffs
Oregon for me.

Sent from my iPhone.
12-11-2014 10:08 PM
Advertisement

HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
You peeps are crazy. College football is too good not to watch.

Id like Oregon to win, but think Bama comes out on top once again
12-11-2014 10:12 PM
Big Redd Offline
Special Teams

Last year's Heisman winner beats this year's Heisman winner and then SEC takes the crown. I don't know how you people don't eat up all college football. These playoffs are part of history, you have to watch.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 10:17 PM by Big Redd.)
12-11-2014 10:14 PM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tuck Foledo
If I have to pull for someone, it's Oregon. Their offense is fun to watch, and I wouldn't mind seeing them get over the hump.

The other three are all tied to be the absolute last team I want to see win the championship:

Alabama - Seriously, no one outside the state of Alabama wants to see them win.

FSU - I'm still holding a grudge from 2012. Fortunately I think they'll get knocked out immediately, and Winston can get a head start on becoming the next Geno Smith of the NFL.

OSU - I currently live in Ohio. Putting up with all of the insane Buckeye fans for the foreseeable future after OSU claiming the title would be too much to bare.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 10:22 PM by niu_1087.)
12-11-2014 10:20 PM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Alabama wins the whole thing and Saban stomps Urban into the ground and runs it up.

Ideally the playoff would be 8 teams: 5 conference champs, next best 3.
12-11-2014 10:25 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
I think Oregon will beat the Criminoles. In the other semi, I'll reluctantly pull for Bama. Not a fan, but I like o$u even less.

Pulling for Oregon to win it all. But, I don't think the Ducks have enough to beat Bama.
12-11-2014 10:32 PM
Advertisement

NIU8484 Offline
All American

Even if it's just 4, I LOVE that this has FINALLY been instituted...and I have no doubt once the $$$ figures come in for the games it will quickly be expanded to 6 or 8....literally is one of the best sporting events I could imagine as we finally get to see the best college teams play each other, f*ckin magical!

I have no horse in the race, I know Ohio State won't win....basically I'm just rooting against Jamis Winston, such a turd nugget
12-11-2014 10:46 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
Hmmm....I don't like Saban/Alabama....I don't like Urban Meyer/Ohio State....FSU/Winston/Jimbo, hell no....I guess the Ducks it is.

But I am still mad at Oregon for firing Donald Duck as their primary mascot.

[Image: oregon_ducks_iphone_wallpaper.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 11:44 PM by The Frisky Biscuit.)
12-11-2014 11:42 PM
VegasHuskie Offline
Special Teams

Of course I'll watch. Ohio State will pound Alabama and Oregon will beat Florida State. I like Oregon to finally get their national championship in a shootout over Ohio State.
12-11-2014 11:52 PM
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

Tired of all 4 teams, would have pulled for Baylor or TCU if they had the opportunity.

Going to root for FSU because I can't really get into PAC12 football and the SEC and BIG10 just kind of annoy me.
12-12-2014 12:27 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(12-11-2014 10:32 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  I think Oregon will beat the Criminoles. In the other semi, I'll reluctantly pull for Bama. Not a fan, but I like o$u even less.

Pulling for Oregon to win it all. But, I don't think the Ducks have enough to beat Bama.

This post sums up why the playoffs dont excite me, you have a small beauty pageant committee that arbitrarily chooses the best 4 of the liars and cheaters and criminals.
12-12-2014 12:32 AM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

As crazy as it sounds, in hindsight, I think TCU should have gotten FSU's spot.
12-12-2014 01:58 AM
spanky Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-12-2014 01:58 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  As crazy as it sounds, in hindsight, I think TCU should have gotten FSU's spot.
In some way I can see what you're saying, but you simply cannot give a spot to a team that lost to another team that didn't get in. Over an undefeated team, at least.

I think Oregon wins this thing. Seems kinda anti-climactic that everybody assumes who is gonna win the first two games. I'd take an upset in one of the semi-final games.
12-12-2014 02:03 AM
VegasHuskie Offline
Special Teams

(12-12-2014 01:58 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  As crazy as it sounds, in hindsight, I think TCU should have gotten FSU's spot.

Florida State didn't look pretty this season. They had a lot of close games and always seemed on the brink of disaster. That said, they did not lose, and I think that has to be very relevant when it comes down to making these decisions. Furthermore, they did not have a powder puff non conference docket. They scheduled Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, and Florida.

If you want to dump a team, it should be Alabama. It was not a great season for the SEC. The Tide did not have particularly impressive conference wins and their non-conference schedule was pathetic.

Finally, why TCU instead of Baylor? They had identical records, finished as co-champs in their conference, but Baylor beat TCU. I like Texas Christian and my gut tells me they are better then Baylor in spite of that loss, but shouldn't that loss be binding?
12-12-2014 03:32 AM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
(12-12-2014 02:03 AM)spanky Wrote:  
In some way I can see what you're saying, but you simply cannot give a spot to a team that lost to another team that didn't get in. Over an undefeated team, at least.

I think Oregon wins this thing. Seems kinda anti-climactic that everybody assumes who is gonna win the first two games. I'd take an upset in one of the semi-final games.

My only argument to that is how did OSU get in then? Out of Bama, Oregon, TCU, and Baylor they had the worst loss by far.....at HOME.

I really believe that if TCU was Texas or Oklahoma they stay in the top 4 and OSU stays home. Beauty pageant for sure.
12-12-2014 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.