UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB fans have no one to blame but themselves
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
UAB fans have no one to blame but themselves
This will go over well. This is the mentality we are up against.

http://www.chatsports.com/alabama-crimso...2-10841078
12-11-2014 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cole Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
RE: UAB fans have no one to blame but themselves
Ugh, wish I had those 3 minutes back . . .
12-11-2014 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
You guys can thank me later. Hopefully it pisses everyone off enough to dig deep and keep fighting.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 03:41 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-11-2014 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
I've seen that guy's Twitter account and thought it was a parody. Guess he really is that ignorant.
12-11-2014 03:41 PM
Agent Orange Sauce Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB Rifle
People either are too stupid to understand how badly the BOT has held UAB back and systemically sabotaged football, or they're OK with it. Either way, thank god I went to UAB.
12-11-2014 03:44 PM
Hambit Offline
Bench Warmer

From comments -

"uab athletics was born of a lie. the lie being that the basketball program everyone agreed to was going to start out at division three.

then they went behind everyone’s back and hired bartow. bartow, coming from ucla, would never have agreed to come coach a division three team."

Wait what? How would it even be possible for UAB to do something "behind Alabama's back," especially then?
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 03:47 PM by Hambit.)
12-11-2014 03:47 PM
Advertisement

backyardblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blazers
The guy is a jerk who wants to give the world his written opinions. Thanks to the interweb, the jerks like him have a place to write their tripe. 03-zzz
12-11-2014 03:59 PM
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

My reply (I was nice, and everyone of us should be too, despite them not being nice):

Most UAB fans are not against Tuscaloosa or Alabama. In fact, we just want a board and an administration that will support what is best for UAB as a comprehensive university, which is what is best for the Birmingham metro area, serving a large population base with the full array of educational needs.

Alabama has support from the trustees since they mostly went to Alabama. There are 2 trustees on the board that got their undergrad degree at UAB versus 13 that got theirs from Bama. Reverse that and think about how you would feel.

We just want a fair shake. By SEC standards, our program isn’t good, but at the CUSA level we were solid. Our attendance is not as bad as everyone thinks (5th out of 14 in CUSA this year).

People were hurt and lives were turned upside down over this decision, and it wasn’t fiscally responsible as you said. It’ll prove to be the opposite. You guys know how important a football program is to a school, even at UAB, just like it is at Troy, USA, Auburn, and UA.

You can say UAB shouldn’t have ever had a team, although I’m not sure why you would feel that way. But now that we have had one for decades, it’s wrong to just cut it! It’s like saying, “You never should have had a baby when you were so young, but now that it is a child, let’s make it right and kill it.”

At the very least, all reasonable people should agree that a university should have leadership that is loyal to all the programs of that university. UAB needs that, but doesn’t have it. THAT is the problem.

Read more at http://capstonereport.com/2014/12/08/uab...4A610m4.99
12-11-2014 03:59 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
He's obviously trying to cause most of us to lose focus and go postal on him. I'll indulge him tomorrow, but not in the way he hopes. I have a high school basketball game to officiate in an hour!
12-11-2014 04:15 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Make that a Middle School! My bad...
12-11-2014 04:15 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

He is not alone. I have run into other bama fans who think the same things.
12-11-2014 04:17 PM
Advertisement

Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

Quote:
Quote:“UAB supporters have been ready to give millions for years, but haven’t been allowed to do so.”

The president of UAB said he tried unsuccessfully to reach out to such donors. He lied. There are real men and women with real money that the administration didn’t attempt to reach. That is a fact. Birmingham is one of the most charitable cities in America. That is a fact. Birmingham is one of the biggest markets in American for college football. That is a fact.

Those people don't have a duty to show anyone else what they do with there money. They don't have to flaunt checks because they've already shown their commitment to the school monetarily and otherwise.

Quote:“Bear Bryant had it in for Gene Bartow, and Paul Bryant, Jr. has held that grudge for decades, and is now just carrying out his father’s revenge.”

A man that shined a light on cheating is wrong because he agitated the powers that be? He deserved what he got because he messed with the big dog in the yard? We should be okay with corruption because trying to stop it can have consequences? Gene Bartow was a man of integrity that stood for what is right. Bryant is just the son of a successful coach and a businessman with alleged ties to insurance fraud.

“Killing UAB football will kill Birmingham’s economy.”

So incredibly short-sighted.

UAB football was young. If the team was nurtured and supported by the people that had control over it, then we could have been at the same place as the teams we used to beat a decade ago. Without football, the brand of the school is diminished. Without football, athletics are tarnished and recruiting is impacted. Without football in the South, the perception of your school is changed for the worse. Without football, UAB is hurt. When UAB is hurt, the city and the surrounding community is hurt.

More than anyone else, people that align their interests with Alabama should understand what winning football does for a school. UAB was not afforded that opportunity.

To echo what someone else on the board said earlier, this whole thing is not at all Alabama versus UAB. It has been UAB versus the Alabama Board of Trustees since before I was born.

There is a recorded history of mistreatment. To merely point at attendance, the program's record, or any other kind of metric without acknowledging the board's tampering is ignorant.

I'm not even angry, though. I'm used to ignorant Alabama fans. I know they're not the majority. It's just like any other fan base out there.
12-11-2014 04:34 PM
uabfanman Offline
1st String

Don't read the article. I was curious and made the mistake. This idiot doesn't deserve to receive the traffic boost that angry UAB fans are going to give him. This thread should be removed for the same reason, IMO.
12-11-2014 05:38 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
At this point, I'm pretty sure I can blame his parents for their product.
12-11-2014 05:49 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
When did UAB ever have a free visor game? We haven't been able to afford those type of promotions for years.
12-11-2014 05:50 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

We didn't. It was made up of course like most of his drivel.
12-11-2014 05:52 PM
Advertisement

Blazer88 Offline
Banned

(12-11-2014 05:50 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  When did UAB ever have a free visor game? We haven't been able to afford those type of promotions for years.

Since we have room in the budget now can we get bobbleheads for basketball games back?
12-11-2014 06:05 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(12-11-2014 05:38 PM)uabfanman Wrote:  Don't read the article. I was curious and made the mistake. This idiot doesn't deserve to receive the traffic boost that angry UAB fans are going to give him. This thread should be removed for the same reason, IMO.

Agree. Save your rage for the Taiwanese TaskRabbits on al-dot-com.
12-11-2014 06:06 PM
Bearded Dragon Offline
Bench Warmer

I think my wife said it best. "Legal schnauzer" is a Sh!z stirrer ! No real substance to the issues that have been ongoing for 20 plus years at UAB. This is not a fan vs. fan or alum vs. alum issue. This is a matter of biased board control over a university. So that the masses will partake in their pre orchestrated "Roll Tide"- "War Eagle money machine.
12-11-2014 10:00 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(12-11-2014 03:59 PM)backyardblazer Wrote:  The guy is a jerk who wants to give the world his written opinions. Thanks to the interweb, the jerks like him have a place to write their tripe. 03-zzz

The internet is just the modern form of the bathroom wall for people like this.
12-11-2014 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.