Vic is Gone!!!!
12-11-2014 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Vic is Gone!!!!
Man, and I really thought he was going to get that Tar Heel defense turned around in another 5 or 6 years!
12-11-2014 02:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Does it really matter who your DC is if you pay the replacement on the cheap?
12-11-2014 02:58 PM
samandrea Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(12-11-2014 02:58 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Does it really matter who your DC is if you pay the replacement on the cheap?

Yes it does. Spongebob could be the DC and it wouldn't get any worse than this year.
12-11-2014 03:42 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
So what quality coach will you get without actually paying?
12-11-2014 03:53 PM
samandrea Offline
Special Teams

(12-11-2014 03:53 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  So what quality coach will you get without actually paying?

Not sure, but it will be an improvement!!
12-11-2014 04:18 PM
Advertisement

HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
Time will tell.

You could also make the Wrong hire twice..?!?04-jawdrop
FlossY Out....04-wine
12-11-2014 04:28 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
The Clemson fans have stopped laughing now.
12-11-2014 04:52 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Is Will Muschamp still available? Open the wallet, already!
12-12-2014 11:03 AM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

On second thought, if Carolina offered $1 million for a DC, would anybody actually worth that much even be willing to take the job?
12-12-2014 11:04 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-11-2014 04:52 PM)XLance Wrote:  The Clemson fans have stopped laughing now.

We never stop laughing at Tarhole football.
12-12-2014 11:05 AM
Advertisement

esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Wait, there was a defensive coordinator?
12-12-2014 11:36 AM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

Vic Koenning had a great record of success everywhere he coached until he got to Carolina. Why the sudden turnaround? Did he forget how to coach? If his puny salary was demotivating (and I doubt there were many P5 DCs paid so little), wouldn't his responding to that by not trying so hard just be a career killing move?
12-12-2014 12:00 PM
Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

(12-12-2014 11:05 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Sorta like us laughing at everything Clempson. 0-57!!!! Even our pathetic mediocre football team has won at Clempson.
12-12-2014 01:01 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(12-12-2014 12:00 PM)ken d Wrote:  Vic Koenning had a great record of success everywhere he coached until he got to Carolina. Why the sudden turnaround? Did he forget how to coach? If his puny salary was demotivating (and I doubt there were many P5 DCs paid so little), wouldn't his responding to that by not trying so hard just be a career killing move?

My Clemson friends warned me about Vic when we hired him. They weren't sorry to see him leave Tigertown.
12-12-2014 01:27 PM
Kaplony Offline

(12-12-2014 01:01 PM)Indytarheel Wrote:  

Sorta like us laughing at everything Clempson. 0-57!!!! Even our pathetic mediocre football team has won at Clempson.

Typical tarhole. Bringing up basketball in a football discussion. That is one reason we laugh at sissy blue.
12-12-2014 04:01 PM
Advertisement

Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

(12-12-2014 04:01 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 01:01 PM)Indytarheel Wrote:  

Typical tarhole. Bringing up basketball in a football discussion. That is one reason we laugh at sissy blue.

Well, typical Clempson fan to say the above phrase. See, unlike you guys, we actually have an athletic department that win in the majority of sports so we don't have to fixate on one thing. And unlike Clempson fans, we can be disappointed that our football team lags extremely far behind the rest of our national championship sports teams. Other than football, has Clempson won anything? But you are right this is about football; so, is Clempson playing for the National Championship? No. Has Clempson played for the national Championship over the last two decades? No. So, really when it comes to bringing home the hardware, Clempson haven't done much of anything, just like the Heels. You guys are saying wait until next year like everyone else. Unfortunately, you guys really have to wait for next year since y'all have nothing else to root for sans baseball. But, I will be rooting for you guys against Oklahoma; try not to Clempson it up. Drops mic, walks off stage.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 11:23 AM by Indytarheel.)
12-14-2014 11:20 AM
Kaplony Offline

Things that have happened since the last time the tarhole football team won a conference title:

Clemson won four national titles in three sports (football, men's soccer x2, golf)

Wake Forest, Duke, and UVA all have won ACC titles in football.

NASA launched and retired the Space Shuttle program.

The United States has had five different Presidents with four of them serving two terms.

The Soviet Union went from world superpower to historical entity.

Aerosmith has released nine albums of original content. Twenty-four if you include live performance and compilation albums.

The University of North Carolina committed academic fraud for eighteen years.

A total of fourteen franchises have been founded in the three major professional sports in the US.

Almost 4.5 billion people have been born.

Clemson has beat the tarhole football program 20 times. That is one more win in the series than the tarhole program has going back to 1897.

We laugh at tarhole football because we own it lock, stock and barrel and after 34 years of futility despite rampant academic fraud keeping players eligible, coaches being cozy with agents, and the conference catering to your every whim there's only two things the tarhole football program is good for......a conference win and comedic relief.
12-14-2014 07:25 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(12-14-2014 07:25 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Things that have happened since the last time the tarhole football team won a conference title:

Clemson won four national titles in three sports (football, men's soccer x2, golf)

The United States has had five different Presidents with four of them serving two terms.

Aerosmith has released nine albums of original content. Twenty-four if you include live performance and compilation albums.

A total of fourteen franchises have been founded in the three major professional sports in the US.

Clemson has beat the tarhole football program 20 times. That is one more win in the series than the tarhole program has going back to 1897.

We laugh at tarhole football because we own it lock, stock and barrel and after 34 years of futility despite rampant academic fraud keeping players eligible, coaches being cozy with agents, and the conference catering to your every whim there's only two things the tarhole football program is good for......a conference win and comedic relief.

Do you know what has happened since your bums last beat UNC in basketball? Oh wait...
12-14-2014 08:21 PM
Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

(12-14-2014 08:21 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(12-14-2014 07:25 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Things that have happened since the last time the tarhole football team won a conference title:

Do you know what has happened since your bums last beat UNC in basketball? Oh wait...

That's what so hilarious about this clown. He listed exactly four national championships. I see your four and raise you about 50. But, they are a football school or shall we say power without the hardware to prove it. Here's a clue, when you start crowing about bowl victories and conference championships, that means you really don't have any national championships in (insert sport) to talk about, hope for, etc. So, in your school's claim to fame, you have won one national championship and haven't done squat since. Have we done squat in football? Obviously not and unlike you and fans like you, we don't go around selling wolf tickets and trying to clown other football programs because they are not as "successful" as your program. However, when you look at the grand scheme of things, you and fans like you will be rooting for FSU just like the rest of us. And, again, at least we have won at Clemson in football. Same really can't be said for that pathetic excuse of a rec league bball program. By the way, I will be rooting for you guys and I pray that Clempson isn't Clemspon of ole. I guess we want be hearing from you until spring ball, since there really isn't anything for you to root for after bowl season. Well, maybe recruiting.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 08:38 PM by Indytarheel.)
12-14-2014 08:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.