Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Orleans Bowl preview : Nevada vs UL
Bookmark and Share
IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
New Orleans Bowl preview : Nevada vs UL
http://www.sports-ratings.com/college_fo...e-ull.html

Nevada Wolf Pack (7-5) vs. UL Ragin' Cajuns (8-4)

Nevada will try to break UL's 3-year stranglehold on the New Orleans Bowl crown.
12-11-2014 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: New Orleans Bowl preview : Nevada vs UL
McGuire and Zo will be healthy for the first time this season.

We have to be able to be able to man cover some plays, this guy will destroy our zone defense.

Broadway? Do not know why he has lost his long ball, is it technique is it the broken arm? He has to be able to hit the mid range pass over the middle to pull their linebacker off the line a couple of yards.
12-11-2014 04:09 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
I don't like our odds in this game though I've said the same about each of our bowl games.

I think the key will be our running game. If we can control the ball and chew up clock, we might pull out a victory. If they shut down our running game, it'll be worse than the App State game.

Good luck Cajuns.

Anyone got a read on ticket sales so far?
12-11-2014 04:42 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
you guys should be able to pull off the victory as long as you can score more points than them.
12-11-2014 04:43 PM
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

Rolleyes RE: New Orleans Bowl preview : Nevada vs UL
(12-11-2014 04:43 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  you guys should be able to pull off the victory as long as you can score more points than them.

04-jawdrop
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 04:45 PM by CajunAmos.)
12-11-2014 04:45 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(12-11-2014 04:42 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Anyone got a read on ticket sales so far?

I heard it was over 150 tickets sold.
12-11-2014 04:45 PM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-11-2014 04:45 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 04:43 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  you guys should be able to pull off the victory as long as you can score more points than them.

04-jawdrop

I know. I know. It's a pretty mind blowing analysis. Try to pass that information along to your coach. It may help.
12-11-2014 04:46 PM
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

(12-11-2014 04:45 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 04:42 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Anyone got a read on ticket sales so far?

We hope to have it close to 200 by game time.
12-11-2014 04:46 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(12-11-2014 04:46 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 04:45 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  

We hope to have it close to 200 by game time.

I think yall will make it.
12-11-2014 04:48 PM
IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

(12-11-2014 04:09 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  McGuire and Zo will be healthy for the first time this season.

We have to be able to be able to man cover some plays, this guy will destroy our zone defense.

Broadway? Do not know why he has lost his long ball, is it technique is it the broken arm? He has to be able to hit the mid range pass over the middle to pull their linebacker off the line a couple of yards.

I think it is both technique and the broken arm. Since the broken arm he seems to be pushing the ball instead of throwing it.

He also has bad technique when he throws. He has a wide stance which makes it hard to get any zip or distance on the ball. He's been having the problem with the wide stance. That's why he needs to throw quick shorter passes, which they did more of against Troy.

From the coaches I talk to, It makes it difficult to make an accurate throw or have anything on the ball with the wide stance. Then alot of times he is thowing while rolling out which requires a strong arm to get the ball downfield. His arm may not be as strong because of the broken arm.

That's why the loss of Jamal Robinson was such a huge loss this year because Broadway could throw a jump ball to Robinson with no accuracy required because Robinson would come down with any ball thrown in his vicinity, he was a beast!. According to Hud we should have Robinson back next year.

That's why we had trouble in the Red zone this year and had to settle for more field goals than usual. Without the threat of the fade to Robinson in the corner of the endzone, defenses could stack the box and shut down the run. Just having the threat of Robinson near the endzone put more pressure on the defenses.

Defenses mainly had to concentrate on our running game. I think if our running game is on then Nevada will have a tough time stopping us, especially if we can get some good pass plays in there to keep the linebackers guessing.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 08:33 PM by IdahoCajun.)
12-11-2014 05:07 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Is Brooks Haack likely to be UL's starting QB next season?
12-11-2014 05:07 PM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(12-11-2014 05:07 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Is Brooks Haack likely to be UL's starting QB next season?

I would think so, I hope so. There will be competition in the spring and haack has the lead with his experience. However, coaches are high on jordan davis who will be a redshirt freshman. He is somewhere between broadway and haack, better pocket passer than broadway and can run better than haack. I personally think haack deserves every chance to have it, he would have to be obviously beat out by the freshman to lose it. Just a side note, jordan davis had offers from latech and houston.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 05:18 PM by Louisiana99.)
12-11-2014 05:17 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

Wide open, depends on a lot of unknowns. He is very accurate, but not too much of a run threat.
12-11-2014 05:18 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

(12-11-2014 05:17 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:07 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Is Brooks Haack likely to be UL's starting QB next season?

I would think so, I hope so. There will be competition in the spring and haack has the lead with his experience. However, coaches are high on jordan davis who will be a redshirt freshman. He is somewhere between broadway and haack, better pocket passer than broadway and can run better than haack. I personally think haack deserves every chance to have it, he would have to be obviously beat out by the freshman to lose it. Just a side note, jordan davis had offers from latech and houston.

Nixon hero of the NOLA Bowl will be in the mix.
12-11-2014 05:19 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(12-11-2014 05:19 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  

Don't think so, he will probably move positions... No way you hand the keys to a guy who has been suspended twice. We have haack, Davis and 2 QB's coming in...plus dalvin populist who is supposedly changing positions bit could start spring at QB. We could certainly use Nixon in other spots though.
12-11-2014 05:24 PM
IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

(12-11-2014 05:24 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  

Don't think so, he will probably move positions... No way you hand the keys to a guy who has been suspended twice. We have haack, Davis and 2 QB's coming in...plus dalvin populist who is supposedly changing positions bit could start spring at QB. We could certainly use Nixon in other spots though.

I agree, since Nixon is such a good athlete, I would put him somewhere on the field next year.
12-11-2014 05:32 PM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(12-11-2014 05:32 PM)IdahoCajun Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:24 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  

I agree, since Nixon is such a good athlete, I would put him somewhere on the field next year.

RB would be a start since we are losing Harris. If they are comfortable with the RB depth, LB would be the other option. Or if haack wins the job, Nixon would probably still have a few packages for him at QB as the wildcat but I think we see more of that from McGuire also next year.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 05:36 PM by Louisiana99.)
12-11-2014 05:34 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I sure liked what I saw of Nixon in last year's NO bowl but didn't realize he's been suspended twice. No, a loose cannon at qb is not good for team chemistry.

Regardless of who is qb, if we get a healthy Jamal Robinson back next year, he's going to make that guy look good.04-cheers
12-11-2014 06:09 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

[quote='CajunFanatico' pid='11533537' dateline='1418339396']
I sure liked what I saw of Nixon in last year's NO bowl but didn't realize he's been suspended twice. No, a loose cannon at qb is not good for team chemistry.

Regardless of who is qb, if we get a healthy Jamal Robinson back next year, he's going to make that guy look good.04-cheers
[/quote

It was a good drive, I'll give you that... But it was 1 drive as the change of pace QB. If carlos santos hits that kick, nixon's " game winning drive" isn't so great anymore. Not beating on the kid but I just don't seeing him running wildcat game in and game out and being that successful.
12-11-2014 06:15 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-11-2014 06:15 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  [quote='CajunFanatico' pid='11533537' dateline='1418339396']

[/quote

It was a good drive, I'll give you that... But it was 1 drive as the change of pace QB. If carlos santos hits that kick, nixon's " game winning drive" isn't so great anymore. Not beating on the kid but I just don't seeing him running wildcat game in and game out and being that successful.

Well, my point was that he handled himself well on what turned out to be a huge drive in the overall scheme of things. We were pinned deep in our own territory late in the game with enough time left on the clock for Tulane to do something with the ball on offense if we went 3 and out. Nixon drove the team past midfield if I recall correctly converting on two 3rd and long plays including a long running play of his own and a long pass to keep us in possession of ball and chew up clock.

IIRC, when we finally punted we backed them up nicely but they still managed to move the ball down the field and get into position for the tying field goal. I don't see that Nixon could have done much more than he did under the circumstances.
12-11-2014 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.