Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Asst Coach Salaries
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
ACC Asst Coach Salaries
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/i...cart_river

Bud Foster Tops...as usual the private schools are not listed.
12-11-2014 09:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
RE: ACC Asst Coach Salaries
(12-11-2014 09:23 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/i...cart_river

Bud Foster Tops...as usual the private schools are not listed.

It wouldn't be hard to infer from this list that assistant coaches salaries are an important factor in team success. The only anomaly I see is the modest pay scale at Florida State.

On another thread about coaching changes at Wisconsin, the budget for assistant coaches was also cited as a factor. I was surprised the Badgers' budget was pretty close to UNC and NC State - not the company you want to be in if you want to have perennial national aspirations.
12-11-2014 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Sal Sunseri is still being paid by Tennessee. FSU will likely have to double or triple his pay next year if we expect to keep him.

As for coordinators, FSU isn't in the business of spending excessively there. Nor does it need to be. There will always be coaches interested in the position (DC) in order to make their mark. And Fisher is the OC for all intents and purposes, so we don't need to pay market rate money there either. You can keep Coley, UM.

EDIT: I see Sunseri isn't even listed, but he's the lowest paid FSU assistant at like $200k.

Also, wtf unc. Cheap basterds.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 01:00 PM by Marge Schott.)
12-11-2014 12:56 PM
Advertisement

ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
it's sad that UNC puts so little emphasi$ on football. a school with their resources, campus, academics, etc. should be a perennial top 25. NCSU too.

(12-11-2014 12:56 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Sal Sunseri is still being paid by Tennessee. FSU will likely have to double or triple his pay next year if we expect to keep him.

As for coordinators, FSU isn't in the business of spending excessively there. Nor does it need to be. There will always be coaches interested in the position (DC) in order to make their mark. And Fisher is the OC for all intents and purposes, so we don't need to pay market rate money there either. You can keep Coley, UM.

EDIT: I see Sunseri isn't even listed, but he's the lowest paid FSU assistant at like $200k.

12-11-2014 01:15 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-11-2014 01:15 PM)ren.hoek Wrote:  it's sad that UNC puts so little emphasi$ on football. a school with their resources, campus, academics, etc. should be a perennial top 25. NCSU too.

(12-11-2014 12:56 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Sal Sunseri is still being paid by Tennessee. FSU will likely have to double or triple his pay next year if we expect to keep him.

UNC's coaching salaries seem to be set on the theory that they are all equal. They have six assistants earning $250K each, and the other three average $184K. Is this perhaps why the Heels always seem to fail to perform up to their potential? There are over 300 assistant coaches who earn more than Carolina's highest paid guy. And Fedora's salary ranks him only #54 among head coaches

Maybe they ought to consider opening up the checkbook for somebody like Will Muschamp to coach their defense.
12-11-2014 01:49 PM
Advertisement

4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
That number isn't right for Foster. He makes somewhere around 650k. He is getting an 800k dollar retention bonus this year and has yet to sign his new contract. But even it is speculated to just crack a million.

EDIT: Actually his pre-bonus salary is 504k dollars this season. Plus he gets the 800k for staying the past several years.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 02:27 PM by 4x4hokies.)
12-11-2014 02:25 PM
ACCslater Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisville
I guess you get what you pay for. Now I know why UNCs defense was atrocious! Off-topic a bit, but it will be interesting to see what Clemson ponies up for their next OC.
12-11-2014 05:59 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-11-2014 05:59 PM)ACCslater Wrote:  I guess you get what you pay for. Now I know why UNCs defense was atrocious! Off-topic a bit, but it will be interesting to see what Clemson ponies up for their next OC.

Coordinators. Dabo has already named Jeff Scott and Tony Elliott as Co-OCs.

I expect Venables to get a significant raise this year.
12-11-2014 07:14 PM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-11-2014 07:14 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:59 PM)ACCslater Wrote:  I guess you get what you pay for. Now I know why UNCs defense was atrocious! Off-topic a bit, but it will be interesting to see what Clemson ponies up for their next OC.

Coordinators. Dabo has already named Jeff Scott and Tony Elliott as Co-OCs.

I expect Venables to get a significant raise this year.

Co-coordinators...usually don't work. What are the thoughts from the Tiger Fans.
12-11-2014 08:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
UNC has the 3rd largest athletic endowment in the nation (behind Stanford and Notre Dame) and they are skimpin on the sport where 80% of the revenue comes from?

That is ACC all they way isn't it?

UNC is such a national brand and so wealthy, that they should be sleep walk to a yearly top 25 ranking. HUGE problem for the ACC to have them seating on the sidelines.
12-11-2014 09:53 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

Of the 53 P5 schools for which both HC and assistant coaches' salaries are available (that is, the public schools), UNC ranks #51 in total salaries. They are ahead of only Oregon State and Indiana, and with the hiring of Andersen, the Beavers will move ahead of the Heels.
12-12-2014 09:26 AM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

Will Muschamp just signed on for $1.6 million as Auburn's DC. That's more than UNC's six highest paid assistants combined.
12-13-2014 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.