UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thanks to all of the #UABFamily
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk Award
Thanks to all of the #UABFamily
Thank you to everyone that has fought this fight. So many have sacrificed and put in so much work.

The war is not over and even this battle is not yet won, but let's all give ourselves a pat on the back for getting this far.

They thought that there would be silence and we were heard. They thought that we would go gentle into that good night and we did not. They thought that students didn't care and now UAB has the most connected student body it has ever had.

I know a lot of us need to rest tonight and maybe a day or two to prevent the burnout (I sure do!)...but we need to encourage students and alumni to continue to express their support to the faculty senate and the faculty to do the right thing.

UAB still has heroes, and many of them stood up today. How many of those were encouraged and inspired by what others have done to this point? We probably won't know. But what we do know is that we are not alone.

We will come out as as stronger fan base and community after this is all said and done. Hell, I think we already have.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 02:27 PM by demiveeman.)
12-09-2014 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Thanks to all of the #UABFamily
(12-09-2014 02:10 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Thank you to everyone that has fought this fight. So many have sacrificed and put in so much work.

The war is not over and even this battle is not yet won, but let's all give ourselves a pat on the back for getting this far.

They thought that there would be silence and we were heard. They thought that we would go gentle into that good night and we did not. They thought that students didn't care and now UAB has the most connected student body it has ever had.

I know a lot of us need to rest tonight and maybe a day or two to prevent the burnout (I sure do!)...but we need to encourage students and alumni to continue to express their support to the faculty senate and the faculty to do the right thing.

UAB still has heroes, and many of them stood up today. How many of those were encouraged and inspired but what others have done to this point? We probably won't know. But what we do know is that we are not alone.

We will come out as as stronger fan base and community after this is all said and done. Hell, I think we already have.

100% agree! In 5-6 years, we may look back on these past few weeks as the "growth spurt" that made our program stronger and more relevant. We may look back at the attendance figures as say "We were once dreaming of 28,000 at Legion Field." All while sitting among 35,000 at an OCS, watching a solid program win 10 games.
12-09-2014 02:15 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(12-09-2014 02:10 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Thank you to everyone that has fought this fight. So many have sacrificed and put in so much work.

UAB still has heroes, and many of them stood up today. How many of those were encouraged and inspired but what others have done to this point? We probably won't know. But what we do know is that we are not alone.

Thanks for all of your hard work!
12-09-2014 02:16 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Agreed. A big thank you to all of those who have fought in whatever ways they can throughout this mess. Much work still to be done, but I think we have discovered a bit of what is possible when we are united.
12-09-2014 02:17 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

Thank you as well. You and several others have been the face of this fight in a time of need. Many have been unable to help with a physical presence but care greatly about this cause. Without your help, none of this would be possible. I am always concerned that the BOT can screw us over somehow, but for now it feels like we've done about as well as we could have hoped.
12-09-2014 02:18 PM
Advertisement

Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

I'm extremely grateful for all the people here.

I know it's a little odd nowadays, but I'm not a fan of social media so I don't bother with it for real. If it wasn't for BlazerTalk then I would have been some clueless guy walking around missing protests or the guy wearing green instead of black or white at the last two games. This place gave me a chance to vent, discuss, and, more importantly, learn.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone one here, to the people out there doing what they can, to the players, to the community, and to the other students out there.
12-09-2014 02:23 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
My thanks and my respect to each of you who hung in there and fought, each in their own way. We've made a good start. We have to keep pushing.
12-09-2014 02:25 PM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
Agree everyone has stepped up and we had a good day today. One word of advice for everyone.

Finish.
12-09-2014 02:27 PM
EnviroBlazerD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB, Alabama
(12-09-2014 02:15 PM)Pavy78 Wrote:  

100% agree! In 5-6 years, we may look back on these past few weeks as the "growth spurt" that made our program stronger and more relevant. We may look back at the attendance figures as say "We were once dreaming of 28,000 at Legion Field." All while sitting among 35,000 at an OCS, watching a solid program win 10 games.

What a way to celebrate our 50th Anniversary that would be!!

Incidentally, this year was supposed to be our 45th, but I guess Watts forgot about that...
12-09-2014 02:32 PM
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Good job guys. As an employee of UAB I've constrained myself, but I've seen Mitch, Daniel, and others working hard and fighting the good fight. Keep it up.

Probably a great time to let things calm down, everyone take a break, and allow the faculty to get their day jobs done. Be ready to be engaged as the resolution begins to circulate and ahead of the next meetings in January.
12-09-2014 02:38 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(12-09-2014 02:38 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Good job guys. As an employee of UAB I've constrained myself, but I've seen Mitch, Daniel, and others working hard and fighting the good fight. Keep it up.

Probably a great time to let things calm down, everyone take a break, and allow the faculty to get their day jobs done. Be ready to be engaged as the resolution begins to circulate and ahead of the next meetings in January.

+1
12-09-2014 02:43 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Agreed. Enjoy the holidays.

Mitch, Tyler, Tim, etc. Thanks.
12-09-2014 02:45 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

GREAT JOB!!!
12-09-2014 04:00 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
I honor all those that have protested and shown up for UAB. I believe it shows how much this campus has changed for the better. Who wants to go back to the concrete jungle of the early 80s UAB? Now I would like to see the Football Foundation, with Bham and Jeffco, go on the offensive with a plan and firm commitments for UAB football. They've exposed Watts lies about support so now it's time to back it up with some hard numbers. That will put even more pressure on Watts to backtrack and cut a deal. The faculty gave him the window today. Please dangle the carrot outside, Foundation.
12-09-2014 04:12 PM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-09-2014 04:12 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  I honor all those that have protested and shown up for UAB. I believe it shows how much this campus has changed for the better. Who wants to go back to the concrete jungle of the early 80s UAB? Now I would like to see the Football Foundation, with Bham and Jeffco, go on the offensive with a plan and firm commitments for UAB football. They've exposed Watts lies about support so now it's time to back it up with some hard numbers. That will put even more pressure on Watts to backtrack and cut a deal. The faculty gave him the window today. Please dangle the carrot outside, Foundation.

What he said
12-09-2014 04:19 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Don't leave out the city government and its representatives who did what they could to influence the outcome. It's not their fault that the state is willing "to cut off its nose (allow the killing of UAB sports) to spite its face (the largest employer in the state).

What does the Crimson Mafioso care about this city and its university's future? As long as THEIR TEAM can import 80+% of their starting players from other states and continue to win NCs in the only sport that counts, they don't really care about the people who make up this state. Even in academics, they have to import a majority of freshman students to get the quality they can brag about.
12-09-2014 09:47 PM
jodyhaskins Offline
Bench Warmer

what he said.
12-09-2014 10:26 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
You have been nothing short of remarkable, man. Can't express enough how much I appreciate all you've done, I've seen you out front in the trenches. A masterpiece of sincerity & proactivity.
12-10-2014 08:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.