Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 12 (aka Big 1 + little 11) has always wanted to EXPAND..
p53 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Illinois
Big 12 (aka Big 1 + little 11) has always wanted to EXPAND..
Big 12 has always wanted to expand. Today's comments by Bob Bowlsby is nothing new.

We all know the answer. BIG 12 needs to expand. They are in the kiddie's table.

SEC, BIG, PAC 12 look at the Big 12 as the ugly step child. They tolerate the ACC but don't see them at the same level either. Still they respect the ACC because they have the Championship game.

The problem is that the Big 12 is actually the Big 1 with 11 little ones. Texas owns the Big 12.

Until Texas and the Longhorn Network money is there, there will not be expansion.

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2014/9...s-football
12-07-2014 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
RE: Big 12 (aka Big 1 + little 11) has always wanted to EXPAND..
Let's be real for a second and acknowledge that the SEC does not look at the P12 or B1G as being on their level either. I think the constant big-timing of everyone is exactly what is wrong with the sport. They need to move to a system of more transparency and less backroom dealing.
12-07-2014 07:39 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-07-2014 07:25 PM)p53 Wrote:  Big 12 has always wanted to expand. Today's comments by Bob Bowlsby is nothing new.

SEC, BIG, PAC 12 look at the Big 12 as the ugly step child. They tolerate the ACC but don't see them at the same level either. Still they respect the ACC because they have the Championship game.

The problem is that the Big 12 is actually the Big 1 with 11 little ones. Texas owns the Big 12.

Until Texas and the Longhorn Network money is there, there will not be expansion.

Well first of all the Big 12 by your parlance should be the Big 1 and the little 9, but even that isn't right. Counting Oklahoma it is more like the Big 2 and the little 8. And while Texas holds great sway Kansas and West Virginia are perfectly capable of standing on their own, probably Kansas State and Oklahoma State as well, and Iowa State is still has a solid base of support even if the product lacks and they are at least AAU. So I'm not sure what exactly this is about but I will watch to see.
12-07-2014 08:24 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(12-07-2014 07:25 PM)p53 Wrote:  Big 12 has always wanted to expand. Today's comments by Bob Bowlsby is nothing new.

No that would be the B1G....the B1G should be called Ohio State and Friends....because the rest of you are along for the ride.
12-07-2014 10:04 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(12-07-2014 10:04 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

No that would be the B1G....the B1G should be called Ohio State and Friends....because the rest of you are along for the ride.

Same can be said for SEC Basketball. Kentucky and 13 followers
12-08-2014 08:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.