Post Game Thoughts
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Post Game Thoughts
I am not going to bring up attendance.

- First and foremost, as Freddie Mercury once sang, "We are the champions....."

- Second, with all due respect to Reggie Taylor and Isaiah Pead, if Mike Boone plays the next three years like he did this season he will be the greatest RB ever to wear a Bearcat uniform. Kid scored 9 TDs in half a season. Looking forward to seeing the RB combination of Boone, Hosey and Tion next year.

- Third, anyone know how Gunner is doing? I know there are pictures of him holding the conference trophy floating around, but I wonder if the decision not to put him back in was due to injury or because of how well Munchie played in the second half. Honestly, I saw Gunner warming up for our third series in the second half and I was thinking they shouldn't put him back in. Munchie moved the ball much more effectively than Gunner had the first half.

- One negative note for the offense, I thought our offensive line may have had their worse game of the season. Houston got a few sacks, several TFLs, and was getting penetration all day long.

- On defense, Nick Temple and Leviticus Payne stood out for me today. Both guys are all over the field. We are really going to miss Temple next year. There were 2-3 WTF plays that reminded me of the USF game (the 87 Yd TD pass where nobody covered their back, the long run for TD by Ward, and the long run by the big white RB for Houston which again looked like someone blew their assignment).

- Thought Sam Geraci had his best day punting today. He really has gotten a lot better as the season progressed. I always forget he is just a freshman.

- Loved the "Coming Home" Video. Very well done to Tommy G. or whoever was responsible for that.

- Another add I liked was the Summerall Tire Fan Clip of the Day which had the 1.5 year old doing "Down the Drive". Pretty sure that was the first time they did one of those all season because the audience let out a big cheer.

- Another thing I noticed at halftime there was a UPS Logistic sponsored graphic which showed offensive statistics for both teams. Again, I think that was the first time they did that all season.

- On a final note, I can't wait to get back to Nippert. The folks at PBS were nice to host us this year, but home is home.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 09:52 PM by CliftonAve.)
12-06-2014 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.