Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hustle Belt Article NIU Dynasty
Bookmark and Share
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Exclamation Hustle Belt Article NIU Dynasty
http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-football/2...is-dynasty

"The school could have let go of Joe Novak following that 2-9 season in 1998 and been completely validated for it. After all, that was the all-important third year for a new head coach to put his system in place, his recruits in position. But the Huskies kept Novak, believing that he was the program-changing mind every school seeks in spite of the monstrous struggles in the first 33 games. What followed was seven straight winning seasons, five division co-titles and the birth of the new NIU."
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 09:18 PM by NIUSox10.)
12-03-2014 08:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

I Root For: NIU
RE: Hustle Belt Article NIU Dynasty
but HB has a anti-NIU perspective!

/sarcasm
12-03-2014 09:24 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Hustle Belt Article NIU Dynasty
(12-03-2014 08:59 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-football/2...is-dynasty

"The school could have let go of Joe Novak following that 2-9 season in 1998 and been completely validated for it. After all, that was the all-important third year for a new head coach to put his system in place, his recruits in position. But the Huskies kept Novak, believing that he was the program-changing mind every school seeks in spite of the monstrous struggles in the first 33 games. What followed was seven straight winning seasons, five division co-titles and the birth of the new NIU."

Thank you, Cary Groth. Your patience and wisdom helped mold this program.
12-03-2014 09:24 PM
Advertisement

Huskie359 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU & SOX
A very fine article
12-03-2014 10:03 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-03-2014 09:24 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 08:59 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-football/2...is-dynasty

Amen, she is great....
12-03-2014 10:09 PM
Advertisement

VegasHuskie Offline
Special Teams

Cary Groth - a rather forgettable tenure at Nevada. Nice piece from Hustle Belt
12-04-2014 12:17 AM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2014 12:17 AM)VegasHuskie Wrote:  

didn't they go to like 7 straight bowl games and move into the MWC?

Doesn't seem all bad. I agree it wasn't some world changer.
12-04-2014 12:25 AM
Advertisement

VegasHuskie Offline
Special Teams

(12-04-2014 12:25 AM)17Huskies Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 12:17 AM)VegasHuskie Wrote:  

didn't they go to like 7 straight bowl games and move into the MWC?

Doesn't seem all bad. I agree it wasn't some world changer.

I'm not sure if moving into the mountain west is something to hang your hat on - kind of like moving into the MAC after BYU, TCU, and Utah left.

Legendary coach (at least out here) who created the pistol offense that has influenced modern offenses. Nevada has a good program, but they elicit nothing more than a yawn nationally.
12-04-2014 02:36 AM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001

Wonder if Novak will be in Detroit. Wasn't he at one of the MACC?
12-04-2014 10:28 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(12-04-2014 10:28 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  

I know he was there in 2010 and also last year. Not sure about the other years.
12-04-2014 10:35 PM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(12-04-2014 10:35 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 10:28 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  

I know he was there in 2010 and also last year. Not sure about the other years.

He was there when they won it in 2011. There's a picture of him with some of his last recruits like Olson, Wedige, Schiller and Newcomb.
12-04-2014 10:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.