Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Best teams to never have won it all......
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Best teams to never have won it all......
01-23-2007 11:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Cinci #10.....and a very painful reminder of that fateful 2000 season...called them perhaps the "scariest team of the 2000's".......why did Kenyon break his leg?!!?!?!?! 04-chairshot 04-chairshot 04-chairshot
01-23-2007 11:35 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators

Bearcats#1 Wrote:Cinci #10.....and a very painful reminder of that fateful 2000 season...called them perhaps the "scariest team of the 2000's".......why did Kenyon break his leg?!!?!?!?! 04-chairshot 04-chairshot 04-chairshot

i saw that game in person, ive never heard the pyramid so quiet....even when it was empty and the lights were out.
01-23-2007 11:37 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

i would put the 1985 Memphis State University Tigers on that list...that team had the talent to win it all...fell in the final four to eventual champ Nova.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
01-24-2007 04:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

How can the 1991 UNLV team that went into the Final Four undefeated not be on that list? They were defending national champs, had four returning starters and lost their only game of the season to the eventual champ (Duke) in the semi-final by two points.

The 1991 Runnin Rebels were awesome. They may be the best team in any sport not to win the championship. This list is a joke without that team.
01-24-2007 04:43 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

3601 Wrote:How can the 1991 UNLV team that went into the Final Four undefeated not be on that list? They were defending national champs, had four returning starters and lost their only game of the season to the eventual champ (Duke) in the semi-final by two points.

The 1991 Runnin Rebels were awesome. They may be the best team in any sport not to win the championship. This list is a joke without that team.

Good catch, I agree. They're so obvious I'd have to think it was a sloppy oversight rather than a choice to omit them.
01-24-2007 07:03 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Definitly that UNLV squad, they had some great talent. Should have never lost to Duke. More recently I would say the 99 Duke squad and certainly the 06 Huskies. I also agree with the 2000 Cincy team and that was the best team Huggins assembled.
01-24-2007 07:12 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

I read something about 91 UNLV not being included because they won with essentially the same team in 1990. They consider that squad having had a championship.
01-24-2007 07:14 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

The Illinois team from 2005 needs to be a lot higher. That team finished with two losses, only one one in the regular season and the other to UNC in the final.

St. Joseph's from a couple years ago with Jameer Nelson, Delonte West, Pat Carroll and super defensive sub Tyrone Barley ended out with two losses as well with the undefeated regular season, the blowout loss to Xavier in the conference tourney, and the last second loss to OK State. Folks bitched that the A-10 was soft that year, and they got at least three teams in the tourney (SJU, Dayton, Xavier) and both SJU and Xavier made the Elite Eight.

I happened to catch their 1st & 2nd round games that year vs. Liberty and Texas Tech in person at HSBC Arena, and they were that good.
01-25-2007 07:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CardFANATIC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL, Neb,OM, EWU

Id also add the Georgetown team with Mutombo and Mourning, the Ramblin' Wreck team called "Lethal Weapon 3" or w/e it was called, the Louisville team in 1989 with Pervis Ellison, LaBradford Smith, Felton Spencer, Keith Williams, etc., as teams to add to the discussion. Arizona had a couple other teams that should be thought about as well. Their team with Steve Kerr, Sean Elliott, Briwn Williams and someone else that played in the NBA for a long time but I forget his name at the moment. Also the team that had Reggie Geary, Khalid Reeves, and Damon Stoudamire was fantastic as well.
01-25-2007 07:57 PM
Advertisement

CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

Quote:4. Duke, 1999. These guys truly were a step above the rest of the country from the start of the season until the fateful last night when they fell in the Tropicana Dome against UConn.
I enjoyed this one.

This was long before I knew we would be conference brothers with UConn; I didn
01-25-2007 11:44 PM
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The list is from 1980 forward. Lots of others. MU's best team may have been in 71. They were undefeated through 2/3 of season, when their starting center Jim Chones, left the team to join the ABA. They waived so much money in front of Chones that he had to leave. In 76, the year before MU's title, MU was ranked 2nd. Because they didn't seed like they do today, MU played Indiana in the regional finals, instead of meeting in the Final Four or the championship game. As some may recall, that was the undefeated Indiana team. Unfortunately, MU lost to perhaps the best team in NCAA history. I believe Indiana started 5 NBA first round picks. Both of these MU teams were probably better than the team that won the title. In fact, the 71 with Chones, that team may have been favored over UCLA.
01-26-2007 11:03 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

That 1981 Virginia team was knocked out of the Sweet 16 by UAB that year. UAB eventually lost to Louisville in the Final 8.
01-26-2007 03:30 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.