Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA, it has been a pleasure!!!
Bookmark and Share
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
CUSA, it has been a pleasure!!!
I wish current and future conference members the very best in your future endeavors. CUSA help birth the start of UAB Football in Div I and maybe in some kind of way, the conference will see us off into the sunset.

Thanks for all of the support, bad and good. Thank you for understanding the plight of UAB Athletics. The struggle is real here and will continue to be unless some serious changes take place within the University of Alabama System.

Until then, it's a sad day in Birmingham and for UAB Football. But we'll keep our heads up and continue to fight the fight!

GO BLAZERS!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 06:17 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
12-02-2014 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: CUSA, it has been a pleasure!!!
(12-02-2014 12:11 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  If it goes down like it sounds like it will, I most definitely wish current and future conference members the very best. CUSA help birth the start of UAB Football in Div I and maybe in some kind of way, the conference will see us off into the sunset.

Thanks for all of the support, bad and good. Thank you for understanding the plight of UAB Athletics. The struggle is real here and will continue to be unless some serious changes take place within the University of Alabama System.

Until then, it's a sad day in Birmingham and for UAB Football. But we'll keep our heads up and continue to fight the fight!

GO BLAZERS!!!!!

Even if this happens, UAB will be back.

Remember when U. of New Orleans was left for dead (relegated to D-III) ?

Old Bear Cub will die soon enough. His sister only made it to 52 or so.

The next Gene Bartow will come in.

To not have a hometown football team in one of the South's largest cities is unimaginable. I think I read somewhere that Birmingham had the nation's largest TV ratings for college football.
12-02-2014 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2014 12:18 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 12:11 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  If it goes down like it sounds like it will, I most definitely wish current and future conference members the very best. CUSA help birth the start of UAB Football in Div I and maybe in some kind of way, the conference will see us off into the sunset.

GO BLAZERS!!!!!

To not have a hometown football team in one of the South's largest cities is unimaginable. I think I read somewhere that Birmingham had the nation's largest TV ratings for college football.

New Orleans don't have to deal with a BOT who don't have the best interest of the school and city.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 12:20 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
12-02-2014 12:20 PM
cajunhawk2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-02-2014 12:20 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

GO BLAZERS!!!!!

New Orleans don't have to deal with a BOT who don't have the best interest of the school and city.

Yes they did...LSU just lost interest in salting the Earth and tossed them into the UL system.
12-02-2014 12:21 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
I'm so so sorry for what you guys have to deal with. Its just not fair.
12-02-2014 12:21 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
I hear that Little Bear has to retire within the next three months. Couldn't you guys hold him off just a little longer?

I hate that SOB gets to ride off into the sunset with his crowning achievement.

I never will understand how people strive to succeed by tearing down rather than building up. What an MF'n a-hole.
12-02-2014 12:22 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-02-2014 12:21 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  

GO BLAZERS!!!!!

Yes they did...LSU just lost interest in salting the Earth and tossed them into the UL system.

^this^ He forgets they were once called LSUNO.
12-02-2014 12:22 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2014 12:22 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 12:21 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  

GO BLAZERS!!!!!

^this^ He forgets they were once called LSUNO.

Didn't know that. My bad. In any case, the BOT has accomplished what they had set out to do. Establish a presence in Birmingham so deep that it would leave the city hopeless to do anything if the BOT decided to reduce UAB back to a medical extension school.

A lot of infrastructure is in place tatted with UAB across it. In hindsight, Birmingham should have try to establish a major university before UA came in with the medical extension. But also during that time, there was a lot of racial unrest in the city and I am sure establishing a major university or college was not on the minds of Birmingham leaders during that time.
12-02-2014 12:28 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
UNO even tried to kickstart football but it was a non-starter. Just Tulane fans, about New Orleans folks. They only give a dang about Dem Saints!
12-02-2014 12:32 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Never give up. If it takes 50 years. Don't just move on.
12-02-2014 12:33 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
I hate it for UAB. Alabama is not on the bottom of my list.
12-02-2014 12:36 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
No appeals, nothing else can be done?
12-02-2014 12:38 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
This sucks. On so many levels.

Bama can eat a d*ck
12-02-2014 12:38 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year

GO BLAZERS!!!!!

This is heart breaking to have so many dreams and visions crushed because of self serving men.

May God look over all at the University.

03-old
12-02-2014 12:42 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Adios Amigos.
12-02-2014 12:43 PM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Very sad to see this happen. I am shocked that the NCAA and or B'ham city leaders/politicians are letting this go so easily. Best to the UAB nation from Herd nation. Being under the WV legislature, heavy handedness of that body and the preference given to WVU, we feel your pain.
12-02-2014 12:43 PM
Advertisement

DxfanMiner Offline
Miner Maniak

I Root For: UTEP/SHSU
RE: CUSA, it has been a pleasure!!! Watts will kill UAB Football.
So sad to see you go. Will miss the old basketball wars.... USM is the only original program left..
12-02-2014 01:46 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I will miss uab player pissing on our sun bowl turf. Sniff, sob.

03-wink
12-02-2014 01:48 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well this one ECU fan will not miss UAB....lol. This is what mwp1023 just PM to me:

mwp1023 Wrote:[Image: Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg]
[Image: 74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif]
12-02-2014 02:00 PM
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
that guy is a douche bag always has been
12-02-2014 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.