UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blackout at Bartow Arena to Protest, 6:00PM Morehead vs UAB Thursday Night!!!
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Blackout at Bartow Arena to Protest, 6:00PM Morehead vs UAB Thursday Night!!!
I am asking ALL UAB fans to be at Bartow Arena Thursday night and be in your seat 30 minutes before tipoff to protest UAB President Watts killing football as well as some women’s sports. Please bring signs, shirts, etc. but please make sure all conform with Bartow Arena rules.

Thirty minutes before tipoff we want to start chanting: "Free UAB" as well as "WE Are UAB", "Fire Ray Watts", and "Watts sold us out!" I’m sure we can think of other things.

This will be a peaceful protest and we need to fill the Arena. We also want to support the UAB Basketball team as they take on Morehead State.

Please, we do not want to in any way interfere with any game day activities or take anything away from the basketball team. Let’s support the athletes from the sports being cut and support the Men’s basketball team which will also be affected by all of this.

One more thing; if anyone refuses entry of your signs please document even if you have to video it. Get them on camera saying no.

EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE BASKETBALL SHOW UP. Buy a ticket. And support our cause and support UAB Basketball. Stay to the end .

Let’s all make it to Bartow to let them know how we feel and fiill it up, standing room only.

Some are meeting at the Green at 5:30 and marching over to Bartow.
Due to size of crowd I suggest getting there at 6:00PM
Protest Begins ay 6:30PM
Tipoff is at 7:00PM

WEAR BLACK!!

I cannot stress enough that this game needs to be a sellout.

Let's get this VIRAL on social media.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 08:31 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-02-2014 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: #FreeUAB Protest at Bartow Arena 6:30PM This Thursday Night
I also think it would be highly appropriate to wear black to the game. I plan on it.
12-02-2014 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
(12-02-2014 11:52 AM)FNblazer Wrote:  I also think it would be highly appropriate to wear black to the game. I plan on it.

YES
12-02-2014 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Or any UAB apparel turned inside out
12-02-2014 12:02 PM
Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

Folding@NCAAbbs
Don't shout "We Want Watts." Shout "Fire Ray Watts."
12-02-2014 12:10 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
"Watts sold us out! Watts sold us out!"
12-02-2014 12:12 PM
Advertisement

HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
(12-02-2014 12:10 PM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  Don't shout "We Want Watts." Shout "Fire Ray Watts."

+1. Or "Watts is a coward."
12-02-2014 12:13 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Edited to say Fire Ray Watts!
12-02-2014 12:19 PM
Saint Blazer Offline
Water Engineer

You can count me in, I'll be there
12-02-2014 12:23 PM
blazed247 Offline
2nd String

#FreeUAB Protest at Bartow Arena 6:30PM This Thursday Night
I think people should start gathering a little earlier than 630, maybe around 6, so we can get a large group together outside bartow with signs and everything else. Maybe the news will come pick this up and we can let everyone know that we won't back down. But we definitely need to make a statement. Tweet it, Facebook it, email it, etc.

#freeUAB
12-02-2014 12:27 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Gather at 6 and be in your seat by 6:30.

BLOW THIS UP ON TWITTER & FB
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 12:28 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-02-2014 12:28 PM
Advertisement

Komodo Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-02-2014 11:50 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I am asking ALL UAB fans to be at Bartow Arena Thursday night and be in your seat 30 minutes before tipoff to protest UAB President Watts killing football as well as some women’s sports. Please bring signs, shirts, etc. but please make sure all conform with Bartow Arena rules.

Thirty minutes before tipoff we want to start chanting: "Free UAB" as well as "WE Are UAB", "Fire Ray Watts", and "Watts sold us out!" I’m sure we can think of other things.

This will be a peaceful protest and we need to fill the Arena. We also want to support the UAB Basketball team as they take on Morehead State.

Please, we do not want to in any way interfere with any game day activities or take anything away from the basketball team. Let’s support the athletes from the sports being cut and support the Men’s basketball team which will also be affected by all of this.

One more thing; if anyone refuses entry of your signs please document even if you have to video it. Get them on camera saying no.

EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE BASKETBALL SHOW UP. Buy a ticket. And support our cause and support UAB Basketball. Stay to the end .

Let’s all make it to Bartow to let them know how we feel and fiill it up, standing room only.

Great idea - I will be there.

If a sell-out crowd shows up and they want to be in their seats at 6:30 they better be there when the tickets go on sale at the Arena (6:00?) or better yet buy them now; ahead of time.

I'd hate to see 3000 protestors wandering in AFTER tip-off because of the long, slow ticket lines.

Komodo
12-02-2014 12:36 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Buy them ahead of time. If you buy at the ticket office game day show up at least by 5. Then you can protest outside for the media to see. GET THIS VIRAL!

TWEET links back to this post.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 12:39 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-02-2014 12:39 PM
Blzer4Life Offline
Super Blazer Moderator

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-02-2014 12:28 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Gather at 6 and be in your seat by 6:30.

BLOW THIS UP ON TWITTER & FB

Already working on a poster via @FreeBirmingham
12-02-2014 12:56 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
There's a Town Hall Meeting at the Residence Life Center right across from that coward's office near the administration building at 6, too, UAB Football is at the top of the agenda...Oh my goodness, the campus vibe is going to be indescribable this evening.
12-02-2014 12:58 PM
Blzer4Life Offline
Super Blazer Moderator

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-02-2014 12:58 PM)Matrix Wrote:  There's a Town Hall Meeting at the Residence Life Center right across from that coward's office near the administration building at 6, too, UAB Football is at the top of the agenda...Oh my goodness, the campus vibe is going to be indescribable this evening.

Let them know about the "Wear Black for the Thursday Game" think and get those students butts in the seats. #RockTheBart #FreeUAB
12-02-2014 01:24 PM
Advertisement

MemTGRS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(12-02-2014 11:50 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I am asking ALL UAB fans to be at Bartow Arena Thursday night and be in your seat 30 minutes before tipoff to protest UAB President Watts killing football as well as some women’s sports. Please bring signs, shirts, etc. but please make sure all conform with Bartow Arena rules.

Just dropped back to wish you all the best --- I am holding out hope of a Hail Mary and maintain Blazer Football lives until said disgusting press conference actualy does occur.

And ... Attalla ... mega flattery for your idea. Yours is the ultimate way to really protest in a civil manner. I'm also going to plagiarize your note sometime about recording any confiscation. You're a credit to UAB.
12-02-2014 01:25 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Thanks.
12-02-2014 02:11 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

#FreeUAB Protest at Bartow Arena 6:30PM This Thursday Night
Will be there
12-02-2014 02:14 PM
KevMo4UAB Online
#FreeUAB

I'll be there.
12-02-2014 02:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.