Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which Bowl for NIU
Bookmark and Share
oilgasusa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Which Bowl for NIU
Phil Steele has NIU playing South Alabama at 6&6 in the Go Daddy Bowl. Give me a break.03-puke
12-01-2014 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

RE: Which Bowl for NIU
(12-01-2014 02:00 PM)oilgasusa Wrote:  Phil Steele has NIU playing South Alabama at 6&6 in the Go Daddy Bowl. Give me a break.03-puke

Sadly, if we win the MAC title game that's exactly the game we will get. And it will be a home game for South Alabama. But we should beat them anyway.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 02:01 PM by DogPoundNorth.)
12-01-2014 02:00 PM
Michael James Offline
1st String

I Root For: Northern
I wish Peach. Realistically I think Go Daddy would be the best, against Texas State.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 02:09 PM by Michael James.)
12-01-2014 02:09 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
My hope is we somehow get an upgrade because of our 10-2 (possibly 11-2) record. I will go out on a limb for a dream matchup.

Us vs. Illinois in the Quick Lanes Bowl in Detroit.
12-01-2014 02:24 PM
NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

Additional Projections:

Sporting News - GoDaddy vs. Texas State
CBS - GoDaddy vs. Texas State
CFN - Bahamas vs. Western Kentucky
Orlando Sentinel - GoDaddy vs. LA-Lafayette
HustleBelt - GoDaddy vs. LA-Lafayette
College Sports Madness - Bahamas vs. Louisiana Tech
SB Nation - GoDaddy vs. South Alabama
12-01-2014 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(12-01-2014 02:25 PM)NIUHuskie Wrote:  Additional Projections:

Someone shoot me lol
12-01-2014 02:32 PM
Advertisement

Michael James Offline
1st String

I Root For: Northern
Other dream teams to play, UIllinois, Notre Dame, Boise somehow
12-01-2014 02:33 PM
NIUHuskie4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU & WMU

If those were truly our options, I'd love to take a swype at LA Tech.
12-01-2014 02:34 PM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

(12-01-2014 02:32 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Someone shoot me lol

Agreed, playing a bowl game against Texas State or South Alabama to end the season just shows how terrible the MAC is...how depressing, 11-2 and our boys reward for the season is to go out there and rumble with some 7-5/6-6 Bum squad from the Sun Belt?! Damn shame
12-01-2014 02:38 PM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

I'd like a shot at Marshall in the Bahamas, but I doubt that happens. I'd love the Peach, but I don't think there's much of a chance there at all. If Boise St. loses, I think they'll give it to Marshall before us. Not saying it makes sense, but I think they would.
12-01-2014 02:38 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(12-01-2014 02:38 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  I'd like a shot at Marshall in the Bahamas, but I doubt that happens. I'd love the Peach, but I don't think there's much of a chance there at all. If Boise St. loses, I think they'll give it to Marshall before us. Not saying it makes sense, but I think they would.

No way Marshall gets it, the committee didn't want Marshall in even undefeated. Not playing anyone in the non-conf is totally against the rules they were trying to establish. Now with a loss, a bad loss at that giving up 60+ points to a bad WKU team, they are done.
12-01-2014 02:39 PM
Advertisement

Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

(12-01-2014 02:39 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 02:38 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  I'd like a shot at Marshall in the Bahamas, but I doubt that happens. I'd love the Peach, but I don't think there's much of a chance there at all. If Boise St. loses, I think they'll give it to Marshall before us. Not saying it makes sense, but I think they would.

No way Marshall gets it, the committee didn't want Marshall in even undefeated. Not playing anyone in the non-conf is totally against the rules they were trying to establish. Now with a loss, a bad loss at that giving up 60+ points to a bad WKU team, they are done.

I'd like to think you are right, but I don't trust them.
12-01-2014 02:44 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(12-01-2014 02:24 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  My hope is we somehow get an upgrade because of our 10-2 (possibly 11-2) record. I will go out on a limb for a dream matchup.

There is not a place in this universe where Detroit is an upgrade over any of those other bowls.
12-01-2014 02:45 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(12-01-2014 02:44 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 02:39 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

I'd like to think you are right, but I don't trust them.

It just would make everything they said earlier in the year and leading up to this year meaningless. When it takes you 10-0 to crack the top 25, and then get a loss, a bad loss at that, will cause a free fall.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 02:46 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
12-01-2014 02:45 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:No way Marshall gets it, the committee didn't want Marshall in even undefeated. Not playing anyone in the non-conf is totally against the rules they were trying to establish. Now with a loss, a bad loss at that giving up 60+ points to a bad WKU team, they are done.

They didn't want Boise, either, at 2 losses. When they both arrived ranked, Marshall jumped up 2 spots @#25, and Boise jumped up 3 spots to #24. Basically, they were tied the week prior. Why did Boise go up a slight notch over Marshall? Marshall barely beat UAB by 5pts.

If Marshall would have beat W. Ky by, say, 18 pts (which wouldn't have been any surprise) -- they'd probably be tied for #24 going into that. Then, in the CUSA champ game, LA-Tech is a tougher team than Fresno -- to make up for the Utah State game by Boise winning very nicely at to help even out the SoS (W.Ky=Fresno / Utah State=LA-Tech).

Point being, it was and would have been neck and neck going into it. They never were dissing Marshall any more than dissing Boise, and I'm sure they're dissing NIU at least just as much, because the press who favors G5s more than the committee aren't NIU fans this year.

We need Marshall to lose too. You could make the argument that NIU could still go -- I understand. I don't believe so -- but they Could. To be remotely close to safe, both, IMO, would have to lose.
12-01-2014 02:51 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(12-01-2014 02:45 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 02:24 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  My hope is we somehow get an upgrade because of our 10-2 (possibly 11-2) record. I will go out on a limb for a dream matchup.

There is not a place in this universe where Detroit is an upgrade over any of those other bowls.

Haha, just what I was thinking!

Detroit (no matter who the opponent is) a "dream matchup?" I don't think so.
12-01-2014 03:04 PM
Advertisement

niu79 Offline
All American

The best MAC tie-in from an opponent standpoint would be against the MWC in Boise. Otherwise, we only have CUSA and Sun Belt to chose from. The competition may not be noteworthy, but the warmer destinations are a plus. The opportunity for a MAC team to receive an at-large bid to a better bowl (with the exception of the access bowl) are very slim.
12-01-2014 03:07 PM
NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

(12-01-2014 02:51 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:No way Marshall gets it, the committee didn't want Marshall in even undefeated. Not playing anyone in the non-conf is totally against the rules they were trying to establish. Now with a loss, a bad loss at that giving up 60+ points to a bad WKU team, they are done.

They didn't want Boise, either, at 2 losses. When they both arrived ranked, Marshall jumped up 2 spots @#25, and Boise jumped up 3 spots to #24. Basically, they were tied the week prior. Why did Boise go up a slight notch over Marshall? Marshall barely beat UAB by 5pts.

If Marshall would have beat W. Ky by, say, 18 pts (which wouldn't have been any surprise) -- they'd probably be tied for #24 going into that. Then, in the CUSA champ game, LA-Tech is a tougher team than Fresno -- to make up for the Utah State game by Boise winning very nicely at to help even out the SoS (W.Ky=Fresno / Utah State=LA-Tech).

Point being, it was and would have been neck and neck going into it. They never were dissing Marshall any more than dissing Boise, and I'm sure they're dissing NIU at least just as much, because the press who favors G5s more than the committee aren't NIU fans this year.

We need Marshall to lose too. You could make the argument that NIU could still go -- I understand. I don't believe so -- but they Could. To be remotely close to safe, both, IMO, would have to lose.

1. Boise State
2a. NIU
2b. Memphis
4. Marshall
12-01-2014 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
New bowl destination please!

The MAC and ESPN might work out a deal where we won't go to the GoDaddy (if MAc champs) and have a better matchup in one of the ESPN-owned bowls (Boca, Bahamas). They tried it last year with NIU & Fresno.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 03:54 PM by HuskieRak.)
12-01-2014 03:53 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Don't know about the rest of you, but I go for the game, not the locale. If I want to take a nice relaxing vacation, I cannot relax when there is a Huskie game to attend. I'm generally too nervous before the game and too depressed after the game to enjoy the local environment. I would vacation at another time when I'm able to relax and enjoy it. So whether the bowl game is in Detroit, Florida, or the Bahamas makes no difference to me. If I can afford the time and money, I'm there wherever it is - even Detroit.
12-01-2014 04:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.