Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference Realignment
Bookmark and Share
nosurf2day Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF/ Gamecocks
Conference Realignment
If the Big 12 misses out on the 4 team playoff due to not having a clearly defined conference champ due to not having a championship game. How soon if at all does anyone see the conference expanding to allow for the championship game and if they do see them expanding. What teams does anyone think will be looked at strongly.
12-01-2014 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
RE: Conference Realignment
The Big 12 has been burned in the past by a CCG knocking out a contender, so they've seen the other side of that coin. It may cause some discussion if this were to occur, but I don't think that a single year's exclusion from the playoff would be enough to cause an immediate rush to expand.
12-03-2014 02:13 PM
nosurf2day Offline
Special Teams

Conference Realignment
That makes sense, I would assume that everyone is waiting to see how this all plays out.

I do expect several game buyouts for FCS OOC games should that be held against schools. I also expect several higher echelon G5 schools to fill those slots.
12-03-2014 02:40 PM
BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
I think some of the commentary by JRSec and others regarding the Big 12 being in a holding pattern while UT, OU, and to a lesser extent KU consider their options is rather convincing, so I am not anticipating much in the way of expansion by the Big 12. If the Big 12 were to expand, certainly schools like UCF (large school in a good recruiting ground state, even if it's not as high profile as UF or FSU) would likely be high on the list for consideration. Some of the other usual suspects mentioned on the realignment board like Cincinnati, BYU, Memphis would also be possibilities.

We do have a different dynamic in that the Tier 3 rights are not pooled into a conference network at this time, so while markets and geography would definitely be considerations, the attractiveness of a brand name for Tier 1 & 2 consideration may be even more important to the Big 12 than it would be for other conferences.
12-03-2014 03:04 PM

The_Goat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Tigers
Congrats to UCF/ECU for dominating Conf. USAAAC for Decades to come!! Have you been to Harry Potter land at Universal yet?
12-07-2014 09:15 PM
nosurf2day Offline
Special Teams

(12-07-2014 09:15 PM)The_Goat Wrote:  Congrats to UCF/ECU for dominating Conf. USAAAC for Decades to come!! Have you been to Harry Potter land at Universal yet?

I am not 100% sure how to take this post?

It sounds like your being cheeky by saying decades then immediately following it up with harry potter land.
12-07-2014 09:56 PM
The_Goat Offline
Bench Warmer

Oh No, I was just going to ask, how cool is Harry Potter land? Is that the UCF locker room the players are celebrating in?
12-07-2014 10:45 PM

nosurf2day Offline
Special Teams

Conference Realignment
Haven't been to Harry Potter land. No that is the ECU visitors locker room.
12-07-2014 10:48 PM
The_Goat Offline
Bench Warmer

Yeah I was about to say. You guys facilities need improving lol. I know that's not the case
12-09-2014 05:49 PM
The_Goat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Hope it's Memphis and UCF to the Big 12. Though I see no way for that to happen. One or the other. And if it were you guys. USF I would assume we be part of that equation (Unless 14 was a possibility). Just don't see it happening. Especially since we know Cincy is in talks with them. Probably going to be Colorado State. The State of Colorado makes a lot of since with all it's new growth (though most of it's stoners). How much is that Market worth to them? New Markets sound really good to me like TN, FL and OH.

I really really really want to go to Harry Potter land so I kind of need you guys to come with us or we all stay put. And I really want to see you guys facilities in person versus pictures
12-09-2014 06:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.