Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HARE IS AN ENIGMA
Bookmark and Share
bigdhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu, bears
HARE IS AN ENIGMA
He came into this season as the "passing QB", but actually he's better at running. Although his running style is a bit weird - straight up runner and he doesn't really avoid contact. His accuracy is suspect.....he had 3 bad short passes in the first half, no touch on the ball at all. Having said that, this guy seems to find a way to finish stronger in the second half. Bottom line: the guy isn't a classic QB, but he finds a way to get the job done.

Your thoughts?
11-29-2014 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
RE: HARE IS AN ENIGMA
He's been inconsistent throwing the ball. He'll miss some short throws badly, then thread the needle on some others. Those two throws to Beebe and Glasper on the third down in the second half were about as pretty as you'll see. And pretty damn clutch.

He's definitely got some moxy to him. Makes plays when we need them and never seems to get rattled. He's done a great job this year.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 10:37 PM by DiehardHuskie.)
11-29-2014 10:36 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(11-29-2014 10:12 PM)bigdhuskie Wrote:  He came into this season as the "passing QB", but actually he's better at running. Although his running style is a bit weird - straight up runner and he doesn't really avoid contact. His accuracy is suspect.....he had 3 bad short passes in the first half, no touch on the ball at all. Having said that, this guy seems to find a way to finish stronger in the second half. Bottom line: the guy isn't a classic QB, but he finds a way to get the job done.

Your thoughts?

I think the main worry would be when he doesn't have as much talent around him as he does now. He isn't someone that is going to create his own offense. He is a good fit for this year's team though, I just think next year is a whole different dynamic
11-29-2014 10:40 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-29-2014 10:40 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-29-2014 10:12 PM)bigdhuskie Wrote:  He came into this season as the "passing QB", but actually he's better at running. Although his running style is a bit weird - straight up runner and he doesn't really avoid contact. His accuracy is suspect.....he had 3 bad short passes in the first half, no touch on the ball at all. Having said that, this guy seems to find a way to finish stronger in the second half. Bottom line: the guy isn't a classic QB, but he finds a way to get the job done.

Your thoughts?

I think the main worry would be when he doesn't have as much talent around him as he does now. He isn't someone that is going to create his own offense. He is a good fit for this year's team though, I just think next year is a whole different dynamic

Next year I can make the case our receiving corps will be a lot better especially if TLL comes back 100%.
11-29-2014 10:49 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
NIU won't have an all around receiver as good as DaRon. DaRon really excels at all facets of the game, he can take the screen, he runs good route and can play the possession, but he's also a deep threat and a hell of a blocker.

The next guy closest to that skill set is Beebe and he's not as polished as Brown nor even close to the size to adequately take over that role. Need to see if Blake or Mitcheel can do it. No disrespect to Brescacin, but he just doesn't have the speed or create the separation to take Browns role over either.

Next year the jet sweep and bubble screen will be even more prevalent than it is right now. If you can make that throw, which he's struggled with, the offense will be fine.

They have to come up with a player than can occasionally run 7-15 yard routes and then a deep threat. If Hare can hit those, they will perform.

They will contine to use a stable of runningbacks. It will be interesting to see if the redshirt the incoming freshman DJ brown. I think he, Huff, and Bouganon will al get lots of reps.

The speed will be there. Turner, Beebe, Saffold, and Lewis all will be huge slot weapons.
11-29-2014 11:07 PM
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Quote:Next year I can make the case our receiving corps will be a lot better especially if TLL comes back 100%.

And the North Dakota guy, looking forward to what he has to offer.
11-29-2014 11:22 PM
Advertisement

scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
If all accounts from camp on Golloday are true...there won't be much of a dropoff from DB. Add TLL and another year of development for young guys like Duecee, Beebe, Saffold and Blake.

I'd make an argument that we may be better.

I'm not trying to disrespect DB either...dude is a baller and will be hard to replace. Just think in totality we'll get it done.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 11:42 PM by scottiep12.)
11-29-2014 11:41 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

Totally forgot about Kenny Golladay. I'm very intrigued by what he brings. I think a redshirt at this stage in his career can really help him hone his skills.

Could be a very high upside player.
11-29-2014 11:45 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
I'm hoping it's just the growing pains of a young QB. He's had a few good halves....hopefully that turns into a good game. He does a phenomenal job of protecting the ball for a young qb.
11-30-2014 12:19 AM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

(11-30-2014 12:19 AM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  I'm hoping it's just the growing pains of a young QB. He's had a few good halves....hopefully that turns into a good game. He does a phenomenal job of protecting the ball for a young qb.

exactly. the dude is a sophomore. Johnny Football he is not, and thats fine. This board was the same group that doubted Lynch as a Junior. I'd chalk his inconsistencies up to confidence, esp since he has just recently solidified as the starting QB.
11-30-2014 01:00 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(11-29-2014 11:45 PM)HuskieJWN Wrote:  Totally forgot about Kenny Golladay. I'm very intrigued by what he brings. I think a redshirt at this stage in his career can really help him hone his skills.

Could be a very high upside player.

Not sure he has the wheels. Like to see a JC speedster. Speed kills.
11-30-2014 05:40 AM
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm totally down on the head coach, OC and the QB coach on Hare. How can he have been a part of this program for three years and still crap his pants on wide open, short, and easy plays? How can Hare, Maddie, and McIntosh all throw the bubbles so poorly so many times this year? The bubbles were such big part of the offense that you'd think the QBs would have practiced and perfected the fundamentals of the play. Are they developing the QBs? I'm not so sure. At this stage of the season you'd think some of those issues would have been ironed out but it's been happening all season. In the beginning we shook it off as lack of experience and playing time but now I think it's a coaching and player development problem. Maybe the coaches don't see it as a problem because we are 10-2???
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2014 08:55 AM by badmoonrising13.)
11-30-2014 08:54 AM
niufan99 Offline
1st String

Donators
(11-29-2014 10:36 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  He's been inconsistent throwing the ball. He'll miss some short throws badly, then thread the needle on some others. Those two throws to Beebe and Glasper on the third down in the second half were about as pretty as you'll see. And pretty damn clutch.

He's definitely got some moxy to him. Makes plays when we need them and never seems to get rattled. He's done a great job this year.
+1
11-30-2014 11:18 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(11-29-2014 10:36 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  He's been inconsistent throwing the ball. He'll miss some short throws badly, then thread the needle on some others. Those two throws to Beebe and Glasper on the third down in the second half were about as pretty as you'll see. And pretty damn clutch.

04-rock

Best and most unbiased appraisal of Hare that's been posted here!

That big 3rd down play where Hare stiff-armed the WMU defender really sums up what Hare is!
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2014 11:37 AM by huskiebob.)
11-30-2014 11:35 AM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
We'll see how much he improves once he gets a full spring ball and summer ball as the #1.

The most likely scenario starting out next spring is Hare #1, Maddie #2, and Root #3.
11-30-2014 11:43 AM
PersonWithAClue Offline
Water Engineer

Yea Dr. E. Nigma - The Riddler. I have been trying to decipher his game all year, I've come up empty. Hope the QB competition reopens as soon as possible.
11-30-2014 12:06 PM
Advertisement

BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(11-30-2014 12:06 PM)PersonWithAClue Wrote:  Yea Dr. E. Nigma - The Riddler. I have been trying to decipher his game all year, I've come up empty. Hope the QB competition reopens as soon as possible.

It sounds nice, but in reality, the only competition that could take place next is between Hare and Root. I honestly don't think Mac will be back next year and the staff obviously thinks Hare's better than Maddie, so that only leaves Root. Root hasn't been given a shot yet because he's red-shirting, so he may be the only real competition vs Hare when we get to Spring Ball.
11-30-2014 12:13 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(11-30-2014 11:43 AM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  We'll see how much he improves once he gets a full spring ball and summer ball as the #1.

The most likely scenario starting out next spring is Hare #1, Maddie #2, and Root #3.

You have to give Root a chance to win the job, at least have it be an open competition.
11-30-2014 01:43 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

HARE IS AN ENIGMA
(11-30-2014 01:43 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:43 AM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  We'll see how much he improves once he gets a full spring ball and summer ball as the #1.

You have to give Root a chance to win the job, at least have it be an open competition.

....and so it begins.
11-30-2014 01:47 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
(11-30-2014 01:47 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 01:43 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

....and so it begins.

People always love the backup QB. It's an American mental illness.
11-30-2014 01:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.