Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USF vs UCF trophy
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
USF vs UCF trophy
In this thread, I am hoping to attempt the very first civil discussion between our two groups. Its really come to a point that I think the entire nation knows our two campuses do not like each other at all, which makes the fact that our 6 game series not having a trophy a total travesty.

There have been a few who have thrown out ideas but as of yet, I haven't heard anything that I think our fan bases could actually get behind.

I only ask one thing in this thread... and I too will follow it 100%. Lets let the normal rhetoric go and really focus on something that hopefully we can send to other message boards and hopefully school leaders to get this done.

If were all honest with ourselves, the chances that either of us going anywhere anytime soon is probably very slim, so why not get this design knocked out for next year.

If anybody has photochop skills that they would like to donate to help make the design, it would be greatly appreciated. I can do some stuff in it but I am far from a pro.

Let the ideas flow... and again, I will and I hope all will keep this civil to try to get something done that I think both fanbases will enjoy.
11-29-2014 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mtmedlin Offline

RE: USF vs UCF trophy
I was thinking about similarities that we could include.

1. I-4 (yes, the phrase "war on I-4" has been trademarked but it doesnt mean it cant be included.

2. Green and Gold... Gold and Black. I was thinking in some way the trophy could be split with Green an Black on either side with Gold down the middle.

3. Not a similarity, but do we want to include our mascots? A Bull on one side and a Knight on the other?

4. Could we make it modular? So that the winning Mascot is moved on the trophy to a prominent position over the other?
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 10:28 AM by mtmedlin.)
11-29-2014 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
A chunk of asphalt off of I 4 nailed to a hunk of RR tie from same corridor.
11-29-2014 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Cougar Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
I can hardly tell UCF and USF apart tbh. Similar to how I can hardly tell FAU and FIU apart.
11-29-2014 10:27 AM
mtmedlin Offline

(11-29-2014 10:27 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  A chunk of asphalt off of I 4 nailed to a hunk of RR tie from same corridor.

I-4 definitely has to be in there... a Bull on the left, a Knight on the right sitting on a chunk of asphalt, left half green, stripe of Gold up the middle and then Black on the left.... but what do we use to wrap it together. Some type of arch over the top or ????
11-29-2014 11:04 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
(11-29-2014 10:27 AM)Scarlet Cougar Wrote:  I can hardly tell UCF and USF apart tbh. Similar to how I can hardly tell FAU and FIU apart.

It's easy really, UCF is in Orlando and is the team you've only beaten once in the history of your program. The other school is in Tampa.
11-29-2014 12:19 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-29-2014 10:27 AM)Scarlet Cougar Wrote:  I can hardly tell UCF and USF apart tbh. Similar to how I can hardly tell FAU and FIU apart.

UCF is the one who leaves an "L" on your schedule annually.
11-29-2014 12:22 PM
UHRedcat96 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UH Cougars
Just show the "Girls of UCF and USF" and the rest we don't really care about.
11-29-2014 12:44 PM
mtmedlin Offline

This is REALLY rough, but kinda the direction I was thinking. Something fairly simple.

What Id like to see is the I-4 sign made out of crystal and wrapped around the base a little. Then have the symbol and I-4 portion etched into the crystal. Also the colors need adjusting and more then likely some sort of pain on the asphalt to make it look more like a road.

Any ideas would be good... except for the girls of both schools. They all come from Florida for the most part and all are pretty hot.

[Image: USFUCFtrophy_zps0e643142.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 12:51 PM by mtmedlin.)
11-29-2014 12:50 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Looks good
11-29-2014 12:53 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Why not a bucket. Lots of teams use those.

Setting you up UCF fans don't let me down
11-29-2014 01:06 PM
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Have the trophy made to look like the orange road cones.

And I lol 'ed at Houston fan not knowing who ucf is...clearly not following Houston football considering ucf wins nearly every game against houston.
11-29-2014 01:12 PM
mtmedlin Offline

(11-29-2014 01:12 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Have the trophy made to look like the orange road cones.

And I lol 'ed at Houston fan not knowing who ucf is...clearly not following Houston football considering ucf wins nearly every game against houston.

A construction sign is our state symbol!

I am working on a slightly revised version. Wish I knew how to make etched glass in photoshop but thats beyond me.
11-29-2014 01:16 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(11-29-2014 10:25 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  I was thinking about similarities that we could include.

1. I-4 (yes, the phrase "war on I-4" has been trademarked but it doesnt mean it cant be included.

2. Green and Gold... Gold and Black. I was thinking in some way the trophy could be split with Green an Black on either side with Gold down the middle.

3. Not a similarity, but do we want to include our mascots? A Bull on one side and a Knight on the other?

4. Could we make it modular? So that the winning Mascot is moved on the trophy to a prominent position over the other?
The phrase "The War on I-4" is NOT trademarked according to the USPTO and it never has been, either. The phrase "The I-4 War" was trademarked, but it expired in July.
11-29-2014 01:16 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Golden shovel was cool.
11-29-2014 01:24 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
I'd rather see that golden shovel that USF brought in 2008 and used to dig up a chunk of our turf be the trophy. Maybe paint the I-4 shield into the blade of the shovel.
11-29-2014 01:25 PM
Advertisement

cretv Offline
Special Teams

Bronze citrus tree imo.
11-29-2014 01:29 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Golden Shovel trophy!

[Image: USFshovel.png]

In 2008, Leavitt's team brought a Golden Shovel to "dig out" the UCF Endzone in the new stadium.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 01:34 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
11-29-2014 01:33 PM
NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

That should be easy for you, UCF is the team that always wrecks UH championship dreams.
11-29-2014 01:38 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
I disagree that the entire nation knows about the UCF/USF hatred for each other. Most are minimally aware of the rivalry IMO. Maybe that will change one day. But, all rivalries should have something to fight for and I applaud your efforts!
11-29-2014 01:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.