Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

East vs West
Bookmark and Share
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
East vs West
If my numbers are correct the East has 8 wins vs the West and the West has 7 wins vs the East, and there are 3 games remaining; MTSU v UTEP, UAB v So Miss. And the conference championship La Tech/Rice v Marshall. Depending on the outcome of these games we will see which division is stronger.

A few notes that stood out:
ODU beat both West division champion contenders, but lost to their top three competitors from the East (Marshall, MTSU, WKU)
3 of the West's 7 wins came against FIU.
2 East teams (Marshall and MTSU) could finish unbeaten vs the West
0 West teams can finish unbeaten vs the East

One last unrelated note, I want to give props to ODU, I didn't notice anything like this out of anyone else's conference schedule but ODU has played all 6 teams in league play that are bowl eligible. The only school they didn't play that could be bowl eligible is UAB. And... even though they will have most likely played the toughest league schedule they are a win over FAU away from bowl eligibility.
11-27-2014 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: East vs West
Thanks! It's been an exciting season for ODU fans. A lot for us to learn still and looking forward to it.
11-27-2014 09:49 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(11-27-2014 09:49 AM)Cr8n Wrote:  Thanks! It's been an exciting season for ODU fans. A lot for us to learn still and looking forward to it.

And let me be the first to give you props for your outstanding season. You outdid expectations even with a QB like Heinicke. Only thing necessary now is to expand your stadium and fill it up every game. You being in Norfolk have a lot of population to help the cause.

Congrats.
11-27-2014 01:45 PM
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Thanks Fellas. While we appeared completely lost handful of times this season with awful defense and injuries to OL we worked something out of the schedule that has 6 Bowl teams which is quite a task for a transitioning team like ODU and i personally think ODU has done a decent job with what we got. Go Monarchs beat the Owls for second time this season and be happy knowing that we are bowl eligible even though our chances of going bowling are slim to none
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2014 05:14 PM by 12thmonarch.)
11-27-2014 05:12 PM
LATech95 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Interesting topic in light of yesterday's results. Both Rice and LA Tech lost nailbiters to ODU. Rice was 1-2 against the East. We were 2-1. We beat WKU handily and lose squeaker in OT to ODU, Marshall beat ODU handily and lost squeaker in OT to WKU. Just shows that it is hard to compare teams to one another. All about the match-ups really. Looking forward to a great contest today for the West Division crown. Hope we come out on top. Disappointed we couldn't hold on against ODU now or we could possibly be hosting the CCG. Oh, well.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2014 07:35 AM by LATech95.)
11-29-2014 07:31 AM
Advertisement

MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
All I know is the East is a Beast. So many close games. I think that says alot about the strength of our division versus the West, on top of looking at the individual results of who played who. Regardless of what happens, I think the East is a little deeper this year, and because of that, the stronger division.
11-29-2014 10:02 AM
LATech95 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(11-29-2014 10:02 AM)MTowho Wrote:  All I know is the East is a Beast. So many close games. I think that says alot about the strength of our division versus the West, on top of looking at the individual results of who played who. Regardless of what happens, I think the East is a little deeper this year, and because of that, the stronger division.

That is valid. We have 3 teams that are bowl eligible and 3 that are not. Y'all had one extra team than us this year. Y'all have 4 possibly 5 that have enough wins to be bowl eligible. Of course, UAB moves West next year so that could shift things.
11-29-2014 10:10 AM
Advertisement

ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(11-29-2014 10:10 AM)LATech95 Wrote:  That is valid. We have 3 teams that are bowl eligible and 3 that are not. Y'all had one extra team than us this year. Y'all have 4 possibly 5 that have enough wins to be bowl eligible. Of course, UAB moves West next year so that could shift things.

UAB moves west on an upswing, and the East adds transitioning Charlotte.
11-29-2014 11:00 AM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(11-29-2014 10:10 AM)LATech95 Wrote:  
(11-29-2014 10:02 AM)MTowho Wrote:  All I know is the East is a Beast. So many close games. I think that says alot about the strength of our division versus the West, on top of looking at the individual results of who played who. Regardless of what happens, I think the East is a little deeper this year, and because of that, the stronger division.

That is valid. We have 3 teams that are bowl eligible and 3 that are not. Y'all had one extra team than us this year. Y'all have 4 possibly 5 that have enough wins to be bowl eligible. Of course, UAB moves West next year so that could shift things.

That's a great point. It had kinda slipped my mind that the East had an extra team this year. That makes it a little hard to say that we're 'deeper' when we literally do have another team. I think my point is probably better made in saying that basically every team in the East had a shot at beating the other in any given game - and we saw that in the box scores. I'm not sure we could say that as much about the West.
11-29-2014 11:46 AM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I don't think anyone in the west would argue that the east was stronger this season. North Texas and UTSA both underperformed and we all know it.

Even if Rice or LA Tech goes on to win the conference title over Marshall, I think the east is still the stronger division this season.
11-29-2014 11:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.