Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Huskie only have 60 scholarship players
Bookmark and Share
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
They are battling attrition and they have already come up with something to cut down our potential accomplishment.
Quote:It doesn't matter. Your schedule in the conference(weak) and no significant out of conference WINS(not close calls) is going to end up putting you behind Cincinnati and likely UCF in all the rankings as long as they finish out with wins and tie at 1 loss in the conference. Cincy will likely do that, but UCF has to beat E. Carolina who you didn't have to face. When you go around the conference and play all the best teams, then you have something. Otherwise, you are a one hit wonder with a very, very favorable conference schedule. Play UCF, E. Carolina, and Cincy in the same year, and let's see the result.
11-27-2014 03:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

RE: Huskie only have 60 scholarship players
Somebody call the wahhh-mbulance!!!
11-27-2014 03:55 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Time for some payback for FB and bb losses to them.
11-27-2014 04:33 AM
tigerjohn Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Before this guy downs what the Tigers have accomplished....try being better than 2-8. I mean they beat something called Stony Brook and a fluke win over UCF. They are 1-5 in the conference. Beat somebody or shut up.03-nutkick
11-27-2014 07:17 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-27-2014 03:39 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  They are battling attrition and they have already come up with something to cut down our potential accomplishment.
Quote:It doesn't matter. Your schedule in the conference(weak) and no significant out of conference WINS(not close calls) is going to end up putting you behind Cincinnati and likely UCF in all the rankings as long as they finish out with wins and tie at 1 loss in the conference. Cincy will likely do that, but UCF has to beat E. Carolina who you didn't have to face. When you go around the conference and play all the best teams, then you have something. Otherwise, you are a one hit wonder with a very, very favorable conference schedule. Play UCF, E. Carolina, and Cincy in the same year, and let's see the result.

I don't understand his point...

We layer the wood on one of the teams we are tied with but they are better
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2014 08:10 AM by macgar32.)
11-27-2014 08:09 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2014 03:39 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  They are battling attrition and they have already come up with something to cut down our potential accomplishment.

I look at it another way. Neither ECU or UCF had to play Memphis or they would each have another loss & we would be the sole AAC champ.........
11-27-2014 08:47 AM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I got this from the memphis vs connecticut thread. They got very snappy about it. I think some think basketball will get them in a P5.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn-memphis.68519/
11-27-2014 09:06 AM
camdentiger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: memphis tigers
Re: Huskie only have 60 scholarship players
9 and 3 look at the it one more time 9 and 3
11-27-2014 09:48 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Maybe enough quality wins to guarantee us the Access Bowl? Guess we'll never know that either.
11-27-2014 10:08 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Remember last year!! Beat 'em, beat 'em, beat 'em!!05-mafia
11-27-2014 10:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
The TIGERS are playing for the AAC football championship. The Huskies can pout and complain about "weak schedules" but they played Stony Brook while MEMPHIS journeyed out to UCLA and Mississippi. Plus MEMPHIS totally dominated Cincinnati in their crib 41-14.

My advice to UCONN is to put up or shut up. Quit talking so tough and come down here and beat us.

THE TIGERS WILL CRUSH CONNECTICUT SATURDAY TO FINISH 9-3 AND WIN THE ACC.

The mangy mutts from Storrs deserve a thorough whipping and will tolerate whatever MEMPHIS does.
11-27-2014 10:23 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

11-27-2014 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crazier Offline
All American

Hahahaha. That was a very entertaining read. They will be very disappointed when one of these new AAC teams pass them up for a p5 conference.
11-27-2014 10:32 AM
Advertisement

Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(11-27-2014 10:32 AM)Crazier Wrote:  Hahahaha. That was a very entertaining read. They will be very disappointed when one of these new AAC teams pass them up for a p5 conference.

Yes, they will.
11-27-2014 10:55 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
I hope we embarrass them. They keep talking about a dumpster fire but they are at the bottom of the dumpster in the sport that matters. We owe them a smack down in basketball too.
11-27-2014 10:57 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(11-27-2014 08:47 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  

I look at it another way. Neither ECU or UCF had to play Memphis or they would each have another loss & we would be the sole AAC champ.........

Yes.
11-27-2014 11:31 AM
tigerjohn Offline
All American

11-27-2014 10:38 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2014 11:31 AM)Mimi Wrote:  
(11-27-2014 08:47 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  

Yes.

Tigers play the teams that are on the schedule. They have no control over scheduling conference games. Most football fans understand that. This guy doesn't.
11-27-2014 11:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.